Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Carmelo Anthony has become hugely under-appreciated and disrespected.

I wanted to make this thread as a reference to all the retards out there bashing Carmelo (granted, many are imbecilic trolls). I saw that some people made joke threads about Carmelo v. Marvin Williams, but some people legitimately thought that people like Gay were better/better "teammates" than Carmelo.

First off, none of these guys come close to the pure talent and scoring ability that Carmelo brings. I hear crap like "Gay/Granger does exactly what Carmelo does for cheaper". No. They. Don't. They never draw constant doubles, have as versatile skillsets, have less passing ability, much less advanced ball handlers, and are much more one dimensional scorers. In addition, please stop saying that they're better "teammates". Guys like Rudy Gay are just as big, if not bigger, black holes than Carmelo. Then you have guys like Iguodala or Deng who are admittedly better defenders but if you think that you have a better shot of building around them, you are delusional.

Carmelo isn't without faults. He has a tendency to be a black hole, force bad shots, can get lackadaisical on defense. He's never gotten far in the playoffs, but he has plenty of individual accolades so quit it with the "he's never accomplished anything" garbage. You have no idea how difficult it is to consistently be a high scorer, make even 2nd/3rd All-NBA teams, and he is in addition an underrated defender at times and is a terrific rebounder. LeBron/Durant are in that tier of best SFs but Carmelo is in a 2nd tier by himself for SFs. The 3rd tier being guys like Gay, Granger, etc. But, I would easily say the gap between the 1st and 2nd is smaller than the 2nd and 3rd tiers.

As far as to his RECENT playoffs go...... first off, he had that recent series with the Nuggets making it to the WCF.

Let's address the last playoff run with the Knicks. People bring his year down because of the overall poor performance of the Knicks. I'm not going to say he couldn't have played better, because he definitely could have. But, I'm going to defend him in many regards.

A) Look at their f*cking roster: Smith, Amare, Chandler, Novak, Bibby, etc. Not ONE of these guys can create their own offense. Lin/Davis were good, but they were out for the playoffs. I was always nervous as hell watching Bibby dribble the ball up, thinking a TO was imminent. Carmelo was the sole reason they didn't get bounced in 4. He HAD to ball hog for the Knicks to even do anything on offense. The Heat have demonstrated that they have phenomenal team defense, and that's against teams with multiple players who can create. The Knicks literally only had Carmelo. The rest of the team is spot up shooters/people that need to be set up. JR can sort of set up his shot, but he was atrocious.

B) The whole "they only won with Lin" crap. First off, Lin was gradually being/going to be figured out so it was only a matter of time. Second, look at the offensive system vs. the players. Lin is a classic D'Antoni type of player, pushing it, using pick and rolls, etc. It is only rational that they would enjoy brief success finalizing actually utilizing his system. When you looked at a Melo run D'Antoni system, the clashing of styles was so obvious. Melo worked largely on receiving the ball in the post, posting up or passing it out. Considering the fact that D'Antoni had guys literally standing around waiting to chuck a shot was horrible for spacing, especially for Melo. I truly believe that D'Antoni's incapability to adjust the offense/COACH DEFENSE was the single biggest reason for their ineptitude. As proof, Anthony did much better with Woodson as coach and going away from the Run and Gun system.

Now, I know Carmelo has his large share of faults. I fully acknowledge that. But he's becoming so underrated and disrespected it's becoming a travesty. Seriously, he's without a doubt the 3rd best SF in the league and it's not even close. Also, to the idiots who don't think he should be on the Olympic team. Carmelo played phenomenally at the last Olympics and is a perfect international 4. Quick enough to keep up with stretch 4's and strong enough to bang with most aggressive 4's. Not to mention that his offensive game is perfect for it.

Banned

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony has become hugely under-appreciated and disrespected.

Didn't read

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony has become hugely under-appreciated and disrespected.

Quote Originally Posted by DurantFor40
    Didn't read
    me neither but i am glad melo is under appreciated and disrespected. props for that.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurantFor40
    Didn't read
    This.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    I wanted to make this thread as a reference to all the retards out there bashing Carmelo (granted, many are imbecilic trolls). I saw that some people made joke threads about Carmelo v. Marvin Williams, but some people legitimately thought that people like Gay were better/better "teammates" than Carmelo.

First off, none of these guys come close to the pure talent and scoring ability that Carmelo brings. I hear crap like "Gay/Granger does exactly what Carmelo does for cheaper". No. They. Don't. They never draw constant doubles, have as versatile skillsets, have less passing ability, much less advanced ball handlers, and are much more one dimensional scorers. In addition, please stop saying that they're better "teammates". Guys like Rudy Gay are just as big, if not bigger, black holes than Carmelo. Then you have guys like Iguodala or Deng who are admittedly better defenders but if you think that you have a better shot of building around them, you are delusional.

Carmelo isn't without faults. He has a tendency to be a black hole, force bad shots, can get lackadaisical on defense. He's never gotten far in the playoffs, but he has plenty of individual accolades so quit it with the "he's never accomplished anything" garbage. You have no idea how difficult it is to consistently be a high scorer, make even 2nd/3rd All-NBA teams, and he is in addition an underrated defender at times and is a terrific rebounder. LeBron/Durant are in that tier of best SFs but Carmelo is in a 2nd tier by himself for SFs. The 3rd tier being guys like Gay, Granger, etc. But, I would easily say the gap between the 1st and 2nd is smaller than the 2nd and 3rd tiers.

As far as to his RECENT playoffs go...... first off, he had that recent series with the Nuggets making it to the WCF.

Let's address the last playoff run with the Knicks. People bring his year down because of the overall poor performance of the Knicks. I'm not going to say he couldn't have played better, because he definitely could have. But, I'm going to defend him in many regards.

A) Look at their f*cking roster: Smith, Amare, Chandler, Novak, Bibby, etc. Not ONE of these guys can create their own offense. Lin/Davis were good, but they were out for the playoffs. I was always nervous as hell watching Bibby dribble the ball up, thinking a TO was imminent. Carmelo was the sole reason they didn't get bounced in 4. He HAD to ball hog for the Knicks to even do anything on offense. The Heat have demonstrated that they have phenomenal team defense, and that's against teams with multiple players who can create. The Knicks literally only had Carmelo. The rest of the team is spot up shooters/people that need to be set up. JR can sort of set up his shot, but he was atrocious.

B) The whole "they only won with Lin" crap. First off, Lin was gradually being/going to be figured out so it was only a matter of time. Second, look at the offensive system vs. the players. Lin is a classic D'Antoni type of player, pushing it, using pick and rolls, etc. It is only rational that they would enjoy brief success finalizing actually utilizing his system. When you looked at a Melo run D'Antoni system, the clashing of styles was so obvious. Melo worked largely on receiving the ball in the post, posting up or passing it out. Considering the fact that D'Antoni had guys literally standing around waiting to chuck a shot was horrible for spacing, especially for Melo. I truly believe that D'Antoni's incapability to adjust the offense/COACH DEFENSE was the single biggest reason for their ineptitude. As proof, Anthony did much better with Woodson as coach and going away from the Run and Gun system.

Now, I know Carmelo has his large share of faults. I fully acknowledge that. But he's becoming so underrated and disrespected it's becoming a travesty. Seriously, he's without a doubt the 3rd best SF in the league and it's not even close. Also, to the idiots who don't think he should be on the Olympic team. Carmelo played phenomenally at the last Olympics and is a perfect international 4. Quick enough to keep up with stretch 4's and strong enough to bang with most aggressive 4's. Not to mention that his offensive game is perfect for it.
    That wasn't that recent.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

WTF? Who loves melo enough to write a god damn dissertation on why he's under appreciated?

did read, was actually a decent post
    repped

YES

I don't even thnk the guy with the Carmelo MVP username ever wrote a paragraph or more on Carmelo lol

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    did read, was actually a decent post
    repped
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    I don't even thnk the guy with the Carmelo MVP username ever wrote a paragraph or more on Carmelo lol
    good read

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Only getting out of the first round ONCE over the past 9 years isnt going to do much for you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Only getting out of the first round ONCE over the past 9 years isnt going to do much for you.
    I guess he should take the road Chris Bosh took, fail as a #1 option and take the back seat like a little freaking bitch. Melo would rather die a man than live as a bitch.

Decent college freshman

you know i love melo's talent. he is a straight-up baller. possibly more so than any other player in the league. game comes so naturally to him. when he's on he is undeniably a "superstar."

but he's got to step up and prove the haters wrong. he needs to be better about passing out of the post and he needs to hold the ball less. these criticisms have been following him for 10 years, but he hasn't done a whole lot to shut his detractors up.

plus i don't know if the amar'e/carmelo pairing will ever work. amar'e reallllyyyyyy needs to get that jumper up to par. getting comfortable in the low post would be nice, but i doubt that's actually going to happen. he's not going to morph from clueless to hakeem just because he's taking a few lessons.