Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Deadspin: Manti Te

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    His father made claim that she visited him in Hawaii several times...which is another confusing bit here

I stated earlier in here that perhaps his parents knew he was gay and understood that if it got out he would be done in football, so they helped him with this lie.

but the hole in that again comes to "why fake her death and not just claim you broke up with her?"

there are so many confusing facets to this thing...it's nuts

His statement is not going to hold. He's going to have to face an interview before draft day
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 01-17-2013 at 07:47 PM.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    His statement is not going to hold. He's going to have to face an interview before draft day
    oh yeah, there is no way he can escape more questioning on this...

the only way he could get out of having to answer questions on this would be to disappear from the face of the Earth...

Just like the Lance Armstrong confession... This just doesn't seem like a very interesting story.

I just don't give a f*ck about this... and normally I love it when a hoax gets busted, but i don't see why this is important enough to make the front page of CNN.com

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    EDIT: I'll give him a pass if he was lying to hide his gay sexuality. I know it's 2013 and all but it must be tough in a football locker room.
    at this point after reading the full transcript in the Thamel interview him being gay is the only thing he can save face with.

Otherwise at best he is a complete moron who totally embellished the story about his girlfriend.

also, Thamel outs himself as a very lazy, just plain terrible journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    also, Thamel outs himself as a very lazy, just plain terrible journalist.
    I think this is easy to say in hindsight.

Remember, this is not a muckraking expose. He wasn't asking a CEO what they dump in the river. He wasn't asking a murder suspect where he was that night of the killing.

He was trying to get more info on someone's dead girlfriend and he got a lot of quotes from people who supposedly knew her, why would he think it might be a hoax.

Also that's why you have fact checkers, but apparently they didn't have much time to work with.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 01-17-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Im confused as to why this is such a big story. So he lied about having an online girlfriend that died?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Why wouldn't he visit her in the hospital after her car accident AND being diagnosed with leukemia..?

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Why wouldn't he visit her in the hospital after her car accident AND being diagnosed with leukemia..?
    He was being a cheap-ass and didn't want to buy the plane ticket to Hawaii.

The guy is the butt of a lot of jokes

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8...bobblehead-day

Late Thursday evening, an independent baseball team, the Florence (Ky.) Freedom, announced it would have "Manti Te'o Girlfriend Bobblehead Day."

As part of the promotion in late May, the first 1,000 fans will get an empty bobblehead box, there will be a pretend kiss cam for fans to kiss their imaginary friends and there will be an imaginary food fight in the kids' area, as well as an air guitar contest.

What if it was an even bigger hoax? The hoax story is the hoax! No? Alright.

as ish's very own samoan representative, here are my thoughts...

this shiet is fukking hilarious lmao. i heard about this from my sister who called me last night to tell me about this story. idk man, this has got to be the most bizarre story in a while.

i've known about the kid since he was dominating high school football back in hawaii, and was praying for a miracle that he would play for the scarlet and gray.

he's a good player, but was hella overrated this season. he did look like shiet in the nc game, but all of notre dame was too. idk, prolly this story was the reason.

i just cannot fathom the thought of a high profile college football player being so easily deceived for so long. is this nigguh that gullible or is the tail at notre dame that bad? how the hell can u have a relationship with someone you've never seen, and for 3 years at that?

i feel for dude, i do. but once you take this shiet on tv, your ass deserves to be clown on for however long it takes. idk if he can live this embarrassment. what a dumb ass

Apparently Teo friend admits to setting this whole thing up and Teo had no knowledge. espn.com just broke the story. One weird and wacky show thats all I can say.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Apparently Teo friend admits to setting this whole thing up and Teo had no knowledge. espn.com just broke the story. One weird and wacky show thats all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...irlfriend-hoax

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

things don't add up...

who was Manti talking to on the phone supposedly every night? Sometimes he supposedly would fall asleep with "Lennay" on the phone and wake up in the morning still talking to her.

Manti said that he talked to her while she was at the hospital, and that her brother and nurse were in the room.

it's so hard to believe