Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

Default Re: Carl Landry SHOT in leg but OK

Ok so I was just about to post a thread about this but then I saw this one. So yea, I feel bad for him, he's gonna be out for 1-2 weeks and HPD are saying it was a drive by shooting, somebody hit his car and he got out to look at the damage, and then some thugs drove by slowly and shot him. But yea, dang I feel bad, hope he's good and get well bro! I hope they catch the dumbasses who shot him!

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

thanks for the clear story. seems odd that some "random" people would bother driving by an accident and shooting landry. wonder if there is more to it. anyways, sucks for houston and for him.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    so, from the OP, you said he was sideswiped and then shot at. but your link says "Houston police said two men in a vehicle behind Landry's opened fire. Landry exited his vehicle to see what was happening and was wounded in the lower leg."

Nothing about an accident. I love that "Landry exited his vehicle to see what was happening". sure, not to get the **** out of there. Was he at a drivethrough? Cant think of whats at 3000 leeland.
    I wrote the first stuff before I found the link, I first heard it on the radio and I wrote what I heard, I edited my post after I got the link.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    I wrote the first stuff before I found the link, I first heard it on the radio and I wrote what I heard, I edited my post after I got the link.
    You should change your post. I don't think thats how it happened. The whole "Car swiped" or whatever. Plus, it was being reported that it happened around 4AM.

Banned

damn *******
    they should face carl landry man to man minus the guns... he'll *** them up!!

I'm just relieved Carl Landry is OK. i dont care about when he comes back to play, i just want him to fully recover...

Banned

landry should put a bounty on the ghey shooters

Nevermind, ESPN mentioned he was side swiped, went to look at the damage, car came back and fired 2 shots, one hitting his leg.

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

Default Carl Landry Shot in the leg? wtf?

HOUSTON (AP)—Houston Rockets forward Carl Landry was shot in the left leg early Tuesday while driving near his home.

The injury was minor, and the team said Landry was treated at a hospital and released. The Rockets said they expected Landry to return to action in one to three weeks.

The shooting occurred about 4 a.m., a few hours after the Rockets returned from a game at New Orleans. Landry drove home after the team arrived about 12:30 a.m.

Houston police said a car with two occupants hit Landry’s vehicle from behind. Police said Landry was shot when he got out to inspect the damage, and the other vehicle left the scene. The Rockets also said Landry dislocated a finger on his left hand in the incident.

The 6-foot-9 Landry has become a valuable player off the bench for the Rockets, averaging 9.3 points and five rebounds in his second NBA season. He had 12 points and six rebounds in Monday’s 95-84 win that kept Houston in third place in the Western Conference standings.

“We are very thankful and relieved that Carl’s injuries were relatively minor and that he is doing well,” the Rockets said in a statement. “We are in the process of working with authorities to gather more information.”

Landry was drafted by Seattle in the second round in 2007, then traded to Houston for a future second-round pick and cash. He averaged eight points and 4.9 rebounds in 2007-08. In Game 3 of a first-round series against Utah, Landry blocked Deron Williams’ layup try with 3.4 seconds left to preserve Houston’s 94-92 victory.
    so, if the plane came in at 12:30, and the shooting happend at 4, wtf was he doing in that time?

When the Houston coach told Landry he needs to look for his shot more, I think Landry misunderstood him.

[COLOR="White"]Oh relax, it's a joke. He's ok.[/COLOR]

Banned

good thing artest didnt get shot.. if artest got shot in the leg, he'd get up and run after the perps leg bleeding and all. he'll limp after them till he gets shot and killed

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Carl Landry Shot in the leg? wtf?

I hate humans.

Banned

check out the sticky at the top of the forum.

National High School Star crounsa810's Avatar

Because players are stupid, and never take into account that getting fast food at 4 am is stupid when you can have the **** delivered. (or he's jsut lying and out on a booty call or something).

sanchez on the mets destroyed his career basically by doign the same thing - got in a car accident at 3am on a food run.