Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    owwwww

Default Re: better player in their prime/peak

Lebron James vs Hakeem Olajuwon

Kobe Bryant vs Charles Barkley ...very close, I go back and forth on them.

Carmelo Anthony vs Chris Webber

Dwight Howard vs Grant Hill

Dirk Nowitzki vs Allen Iverson

Chris Bosh vs Reggie Miller ...Bosh is better at carrying a bad team though, probably a better player but Reggie is the better piece and the one I want on my team.

Tracy McGrady vs Patrick Ewing ...this is tough, I'd give '03 McGrady the slightest of edges. If multiple years, then I'd go with Ewing.

Dwyane Wade vs Karl Malone

Vince Carter vs Alonzo Mourning

Amare Stoudemire vs Dominique Wilkins...close in regular season, probably even an edge to Nique but Amare blows him away if looking at what they did in the playoffs (individually, not teamwise).

Chris Paul vs David Robinson ...this one is tough, only going with D-Rob because he can anchor a good/great defense with any sort of roster you put around him. I have more issues with D-Rob than with CP though. Other than shot blocking, D-Rob did nothing as good as his peak stats suggest.

Jason Kidd vs Scottie Pippen

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Barkley > Kobe

Higher PER Top 10-11 All Time, EFF Top 10 All Time, Plus/Minus, Top 5 All Time, Shot Made/Missed Diferential, Top 4 All Time and Winshares Per 48 Minutes Top 9 All Time (John Stockton Top 15 All Time and K. Malone Top 18 All Time)

Kobe was less of a dominant player and no way was Kobe a Better Defender Barkley had a Top 7 In Defensive Rating before Moses Left and the Sixers where left with a Solid Big Man and Defensive SFs

Barkley always appears in the Top 4 to 11 in All Broken Down Stastistical Works and Categories...Kobe doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors fan

Kobe Bryant vs Charles Barkley

Chris Bosh vs Reggie Miller

Tracy McGrady vs Patrick Ewing

Amare Stoudemire vs Dominique Wilkins

Chris Paul vs David Robinson

Gilbert Arenas vs Michael Jordan

good comparisons?

See bolded.

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Barkley > Kobe

Higher PER Top 10-11 All Time, EFF Top 10 All Time, Plus/Minus, Top 5 All Time, Shot Made/Missed Diferential, Top 4 All Time and Winshares Per 48 Minutes Top 9 All Time (John Stockton Top 15 All Time and K. Malone Top 18 All Time)

Kobe was less of a dominant player and no way was Kobe a Better Defender Barkley had a Top 7 In Defensive Rating before Moses Left and the Sixers where left with a Solid Big Man and Defensive SFs

Barkley always appears in the Top 4 to 11 in All Broken Down Stastistical Works and Categories...Kobe doesnt
    thats exactly why i took Barkley to

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    in comparison to reggie? WTF has he ever achieved?
    oh... just a legendary status based on 18 year long consistant & durable killer instinct - shooting - clutchness and trashtalking.

I have counted alot of idiots in here...........

all due respect mr Olajuwon......... a great man and my favorite center of all time........ think about that first before you say something ok?

but PRIME LEBRON..........

------is as productive as only 2-3 players have been similar or more productive in NBA history.. that is Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson and Michael Jordan...

------is the most versatile player in NBA history offensively & defensively.......
    which means he could dominate up to 4 positions offensively (up to 5 positions actually against some centers).........
    he could be your 24-7-11 PG
    he could be your 35-7-6 SG
    he could be your 30-8-8 SF
    he could be your 30-10-6 PF

and DEFENSIVELY.... he could defend up to 4 positions extremly efficiently and even some Centers.....

-----is the one with most gamewinners since he came into the NBA... had overall the best clutch stats...... and 4th quarter points...

-----his team impact can be measured only with 5 players in NBA history...... but so was Hakeems to...

its still close because Hakeem was that good almost.... but the advantage if there is any between PRIME LEBRON and PRIME HAKEEM.... SHOULD GO TO LEBRONS FAVOR........
    Last edited by pauk; 09-01-2011 at 12:52 AM.

Saw a basketball once KingRaptor's Avatar

good comparisons?
    mine

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

good comparisons?
    Some

This

Banned

Lebron James vs Hakeem Olajuwon - Easy choice here, Hakeem makes more of an impact on games and didn't have the same mental/skill issues that LeBron had.

Kobe Bryant vs Charles Barkley - Barkley wins slightly as far as ability/talent goes, but I like the intangibles that Kobe brings and most importantly the defense.

Carmelo Anthony vs Chris Webber - Webber was better but I don't think you could win with either as your #1.

Dwight Howard
    vs Grant Hill - Essentially a toss up, but I would probably rather have Howard because of the impact he makes on the court.

Dirk Nowitzki vs Allen Iverson - Not really a tough choice to be honest and I am no AI hater.

Chris Bosh vs Reggie Miller - I would rather have Miller in the playoffs but Bosh was the better player for the most part.

Tracy McGrady vs Patrick Ewing - Ewing had the better prime but Tmac had the better peak. I value prime more than I value peak, so Ewing.

Dwyane Wade vs Karl Malone - A little bit tough but at the end I will go with the player that was clutch over the guy that wasn't.

Vince Carter vs Alonzo Mourning - Not tough at all.

Amare Stoudemire vs Dominique Wilkins - Nothing Nique could do that Amare couldn't. Amare was the better playoff performer which is why I think he was better.

Chris Paul vs David Robinson - Paul's prime has been too short and he made less of an impact on games than Robinson did because Robinson is a Center while Paul is a PG.

Jason Kidd vs Scottie Pippen - Pippen was the better player, plain and simple.