Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Phil Jackson: "Quite often I could feel Kobe's hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Huh? You have branstans on here yelling "1-9" and "He's nothing without Pippen"... you think that 6+ FMVP's would stop that sort of thing, right?

Think again. branstans are actually functional retards. Barely functional.
    Lol, while that is an excellent rebuttal, I was referring more so to how things actually played out when Shaq & Kobe played together. But now that you mention 1-9, I think you're right, Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron would get hated on for anything

the likes of kobe is a dying breed. freakin Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by clipps
    Kobe would have been just like T-Mac or AI, just with a longer career.
    oh your from denver co

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

slow news day huh??

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Lol, while that is an excellent rebuttal, I was referring more so to how things actually played out when Shaq & Kobe played together. But now that you mention 1-9, I think you're right, Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron would get hated on for anything
    those 3 are probably the most polarizing players in NBA history. they all are obviously phenomenal

Kobe insinuates he would wreck the league if he left in 1999 to go on his own (first option) yet states he stayed because he wanted to play with Shaq and win titles

Isn't that the basic definition of choosing to ride the coattails of the veteran?

Said he could've avg. 35ppg that following year and beyond but yet chose to stay with Phil and Shaq.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Kobe insinuates he would wreck the league if he left in 1999 to go on his own (first option) yet states he stayed because he wanted to play with Shaq and win titles

Isn't that the basic definition of choosing to ride the coattails of the veteran?

Said he could've avg. 35ppg that following year and beyond but yet chose to stay with Phil and Shaq.
    he chose to stay with the team that developed him out of loyalty

bron fans literally trying to use kobe's loyalty as a stain on his record

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    he chose to stay with the team that developed him out of loyalty

bron fans literally trying to use kobe's loyalty as a stain on his record
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...e-to-be-traded

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    there's a difference between asking to be traded then rescinding that statement and leaving your team twice within 5 years..

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    there's a difference between asking to be traded then rescinding that statement and leaving your team twice within 5 years..

He didn't rescind his trade demand. Paxon blocked Kobe's dream move to Chicago. There's no loyalty in there. At the first sign of a struggle he tried to force his way out. True beta.

no shaq..no kobe legacy.

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    the funny thing is.. kobe could have won 10 titles with shaq and had 7 finals mvps... people would still say "but you had shaq"

winning 2 without him was worth more than any amount of rings with him.. throwing shaq off the bus literally catapulted his all time legacy. best thing that ever happened
    No it wasn't. If in 2004 - when Shaq was still clearly the best first option for the Lakers - Kobe was able to bite his tongue and win a fourth ring, let's say Shaq sticks around and from 2006-> the Lakers would have CLEARLY been Kobe's team.

Now let's say Shaq hangs around as a semi-star/super-role player for a while, the Lakers keep winning, then Shaq retires and frees up a ton of cap room to sign a marquee free agent, maybe a superstar who doesn't like being an alpha and wants to play next to a high-octane shooting guard who can take some of the pressure off him down the stretch. Someone like LeBron James. Kobe then wins from 2001-2015 (playing with LeBron means he plays less minutes and doesn't suffer near-career ending injuries), cementing himself as the GOAT and retiring with the most rings won by a player in NBA history.

That would be the best thing that ever happened. But instead Kobe decided to shoot his team out of a ring then play with Smush Parker for a couple of years before crippling himself on a lottery team. Oh well

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    At the first sign of a struggle he tried to force his way out.
    Wasting 3 peak years with Kwame and Smush is "first sign of a struggle" ?

I think not.

Lebron has yet to "waste" (stay) a single peak year with that kind of roster.
    Last edited by Magic 32; 07-29-2015 at 03:23 AM.

Very good NBA starter

[QUOTE=DJ Leon Smith]No it wasn't. If in 2004 - when Shaq was still clearly the best first option for the Lakers - Kobe was able to bite his tongue and win a fourth ring, let's say Shaq sticks around and from 2006-> the Lakers would have CLEARLY been Kobe's team.

Now let's say Shaq hangs around as a semi-star/super-role player for a while, the Lakers keep winning, then Shaq retires and frees up a ton of cap room to sign a marquee free agent, maybe a superstar who doesn't like being an alpha and wants to play next to a high-octane shooting guard who can take some of the pressure off him down the stretch. Someone like LeBron James. Kobe then wins from 2001-2015 (playing with LeBron means he plays less minutes and doesn't suffer near-career ending injuries), cementing himself as the GOAT and retiring with the most rings won by a player in NBA history.

That would be the best thing that ever happened. But instead Kobe decided to shoot his team out of a ring then play with Smush Parker for a couple of years before crippling himself on a lottery team. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    He didn't rescind his trade demand. Paxon blocked Kobe's dream move to Chicago. There's no loyalty in there. At the first sign of a struggle he tried to force his way out. True beta.