Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Default Re: Antawn Jamison will make the hall of fame

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    And that was 7 straight rebounding titles, where he averaged 16.7 rpg during this stretch, which is unreal.
    Underrated passer too

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Underrated passer too
    Wasn't a scorer but he was always efficient from the floor too.
    I believe 7 PPG on 54/55%.

The most important thing someone said in this thread was his athleticism. There are players like Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, LeBron James that possess once in a generation type athletic ability; most people forget that Dennis had that gift.

He just demonstrated it defensively rather than offensively; so people don't remember him for his flashy play, but he was a highly effective player.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    None of those guys got 20,000 points. Just stop. Longevity and consistency matter, not just peak.
    So does ones collegiate career and international play, when it comes to making the HoF.

Not saying that Antawn deserves it...just saying.

Decent college freshman

Take a good power forward; Elton Brand perhaps. Or even someone like Faried or Noah or whomever. Tell him "dont worry a thing about scoring. Just go after every rebound and hastle your guy on defense." You dont think he could do the "Rodman" thing just as good or better than Rodman?

I do.

PS - tell prime KG or TD to do that and they average 20+ rebounds every year, lol.

Ridiculous post.

Decent college freshman

Jamison is a good guy always has been. Warriors drafted him hoping he could turn the franchise around in image as well winning. He was awarded a huge contract for his efforts. He got paid for his potential. Alas was not meant to be. Our 2nd round pick turned out to be a better player and Warriors could not afford to pay him. So he walked. Our 90m franchise player ended up being the side kick to our 2nd rounder. Warriors were still losing. Glad those days are behind us.

Jamison is not a hall of fame player. Good guy but not good enough player.

No comment on the Rodman nonsense in the OP.

Take a good power forward; Elton Brand perhaps. Or even someone like Faried or Noah or whomever. Tell him "dont worry a thing about scoring. Just go after every rebound and hastle your guy on defense." You dont think he could do the "Rodman" thing just as good or better than Rodman?

I do.

PS - tell prime KG or TD to do that and they average 20+ rebounds every year, lol.
    He does that already

For real, outside of scoring and shooting, what does Jamison do better than Anthony Mason ?

Mase could have been the closest thing to Rodman as a complimentary player during the same time period if he got the same role. Both were better than Jamison easily in my book.

Antawn Jamison padded his stats on shitty teams his whole career, and was terrible at everything besides scoring.

Decent college freshman

I do.

Sure they could do it but they aren't going up against HOF centers and Power Forwards.

Rodman did his thing in an era were there were still quality big men in the game and nothing came easy at the rim.

But okay, you can continue.

Jamison is in the same tier as other borderline stars from the 2000's, like Michael Redd, Michael Finley, Jason Richardson, Gilbert Arenas, etc. Are those guys hall of famers too? I actually think those guys may have been better than Jamison.

I can't believe this thread has popped up multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Jamison is in the same tier as other borderline stars from the 2000's, like Michael Redd, Michael Finley, Jason Richardson, Gilbert Arenas, etc. Are those guys hall of famers too? I actually think those guys may have been better than Jamison.

I can't believe this thread has popped up multiple times.
    They made All-NBA team(s). Higher level than Jamison, especially Arenas.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Shareef Abdur-Rahim was actually a better player too.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    They made All-NBA team(s). Higher level than Jamison, especially Arenas.
    Arenas was definitely better at his peak, but his career was short lived. But yeah, Jamison might actually be the worst player of that group. Seriously, he was never a particularly good player. He was just okay...you could take him off your team and replace him with anyone else and the results wouldn't be much different.

I wouldn't be going on and on about this if this thread hadn't popped up multiple times. It's ridiculous.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    The standards of HOF will eventually have to fall off

They are inducting what? 5-6 players per year? In the long run that's 5-6 players per draft class on average
    It's already falling off a little. I think if there is no one deserving than don't induct anyone that year. Jamison is not a HoF even if he has 20,000 pts. If he goes in than the HoF is total BS. It's sad because the Hall is meant for the Creme de la Creme, the best ever. There is a point where you separate great players from good players.

Banned

Rodman was a role player who did a couple of things very well and somehow parlayed that into a hof induction.