Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Miami's lack of 3 point shooting

In most of the games I've seen this season, Miami actually finds better shots than their opponent and just bricks them. The game against Brooklyn was a great example. Almost everything Pierce and Teletovic were putting up was highly contested, yet they were just drilling their shots over and over again. Meanwhile Miami was getting wide open threes almost every time down the floor and couldn't hit a damn thing.

I believe the shooters will get hot during the playoffs at some time, but I think Riley made many mistakes as a GM this year.

1. Shouldnt have amnesty Miller. This team needs shooters to space the floor. For most of the finals, Heat played better with Miller on the floor instead of Wade. Instead, he should have used it on Joel.

2. They had the mmle, but never used it. Many good players got waived or got buy out, but they didnt try to go after him. Bynum would have been great for this team ( especially against Indiana).Initially, Bynum himself said that he wanted to go to Miami or Clippers, even after that, they didnt try. They diddnt try to go after granger who is playing well right now.
    They told Butler that they couldnt guarantee him minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    In most of the games I've seen this season, Miami actually finds better shots than their opponent and just bricks them. The game against Brooklyn was a great example. Almost everything Pierce and Teletovic were putting up was highly contested, yet they were just drilling their shots over and over again. Meanwhile Miami was getting wide open threes almost every time down the floor and couldn't hit a damn thing.
    Battier was shooting like 18% from 3 for the last 10 games and almost all of his 3pt shots were wide open. Actually, Chalmers, Cole, Battier only shot wide open 3pt shots and still, they have low 3pt %.

Reily wanted to keep Miller. The Owner Micky Arison got rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by hahaitme
    If they gave Juwan Howard assistant coach, they better give UD something.

The Heat aren't exactly short on money, could be a good idea to still keep UD paid while giving them more cap to work with
    Arison is a cheap ****. Wants to sign a bunch of superstars and win championships, but doesn't want to spend a ton of money.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    This. Miami always go through a stretch during the season or postseason where their 3-point shooting just isn't going down. The only thing they can do is keep shooting until they start hitting them again

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    I admit I've watched maybe only 20ish less than 30 heat games this year.
    He does get left open at times, and hes not what I'd call a threat from mid, neither is Lebron.
    Wades been automatic from mid-range this season, and he's scoring 20 a game taking a high amount of mid-range jumpers this season. How is that not a threat from mid? That's literally the most dangerous spot on the court for him this season.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    I believe the shooters will get hot during the playoffs at some time, but I think Riley made many mistakes as a GM this year.

1. Shouldnt have amnesty Miller. This team needs shooters to space the floor. For most of the finals, Heat played better with Miller on the floor instead of Wade. Instead, he should have used it on Joel.

2. They had the mmle, but never used it. Many good players got waived or got buy out, but they didnt try to go after him. Bynum would have been great for this team ( especially against Indiana).Initially, Bynum himself said that he wanted to go to Miami or Clippers, even after that, they didnt try. They diddnt try to go after granger who is playing well right now.
    They told Butler that they couldnt guarantee him minutes.
    you might be right. I said it at the start of the season and I'm saying it again, this Miami team has not improved. In fact they have declined. Simply because of the fact that some key role players have gotten older and worse like Battier, Allen and Haslem. Beasley has failed to make an impact and Greg Oden most likely won't have an impact either. Oden was another Miami Heat eperiment just like Eddy Curry. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that Oden is playing again but you can't expect him to come back and stop the best centers in this league. Whereas Indiana, the Clippers and OKC were able to make some good pick ups during the season Miami wasn't. The management has failed imo.

And Miami's 3 point shooting has been embarrassing lately. As someone has mentioned before Bosh has become their best 3 point shooter and that says a lot. Of course there's a chance that the shooters step it up a notch in the playoffs but after this season Riley will have to rebuild the team anyway and get rid of some of the veterans.

NBA Superstar

rebounding.