Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: A.I. had a bigger influence on basketball than....

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    AI is the most overrated player in NBA history, a Brandon Jennings-esque chucker with flashy handles & superior athleticism. He was good for highlights & he drew a lot of hype from the casual fans that rarely actually watched him play a full game.

Man had the skills to be one of the greatest PGs ever, instead he wasted them on chucking the ball 23-28 times a game. He could have easily averaged 20 ppg 10 apg on much higher efficiency if he paid attention to how his game affected the play of his teammates.

He had Kobe's attitude, but he was never as good as Kobe at shooting the ball & he was a midget, who refused to practice with his team.

In his MVP season, he shot 29,7% on jump shots while taking 1755 of them, how the hell do you justify that number?
    he had alot of swag tho.Going back to slavery times mj would of been a house negro a.i was out in the field like the rest of us.He a real dude and def made more of impact on black ppl than mj

bigger influence than anyone not named Michael Jordan.. From the tats to the cornrows, to the crossover, to the sleeve, to the kids in Asia calling themselves "Asian Iverson"..

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    he had alot of swag tho.Going back to slavery times mj would of been a house negro a.i was out in the field like the rest of us.He a real dude and def made more of impact on black ppl than mj
    Da f@ck outta here. Jordan (especially in his Bulls days) taught black men how to carry themselves professionally, with dignity and how to act diplomatically with the press. Iverson gave a "slurred speech, don't give a damn how I dress or look" black male image to the world, which culminated into him admitting that he was selfish lazy ass, who couldn't get the best out of his team because he didn't push hard enough to get the best out of himself.

Love him as a player from an "excitement" stand point, but he was part of that NBA "clique" that was doing it's damndest to make all Brothas look like damn fools.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Maybe in terms of fashion, style, and lifestyle.

But it was a negative influence for the most part...wearing ghetto-ish clothes, rebelling, not listening to authority, etc.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

MJ is a narcasstic borderline psychopath who lives to prove people wrong and beat people at things. He would devote every waiting second to beating the owners because another slave said they couldn't.

He would be a Nat Turner, but his revolt would be more well organized.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Da f@ck outta here. Jordan (especially in his Bulls days) taught black men how to carry themselves professionally, with dignity and how to act diplomatically with the press. Iverson gave a "slurred speech, don't give a damn how I dress or look" black male image to the world, which culminated into him admitting that he was selfish lazy ass, who couldn't get the best out of his team because he didn't push hard enough to get the best out of himself.

Love him as a player from an "excitement" stand point, but he was part of that NBA "clique" that was doing it's damndest to make all Brothas look like damn fools.
    yup you would def be in the house with jordan dancing and sht for massa.naw just playing with you.A.I had everyone (young black teens) wearing long white t's and throwback jersey.Everyone had braids most people who played basketball growing up watching him tried to pattern their games after him.The impact he had on black people is unparalleled.

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

As a black man i would agree he had a bigger influence to black people nationally.Outside of that jordan was more influential everyone else.
    You know the internet is a great place to download books like this http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...at-sheet0.html

And Iverson is so lame and overrated that to even entertain the idea of him having a bigger influence on basketball than Michael Jordan is downright ridiculous and preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh

Thank you for making such a profound and truthful statement. Iverson was a bum and could never win a title because he was a bum. Jordan was a true champion, the GOAT of all time imo.

As a black man i would agree he had a bigger influence to black people nationally.Outside of that jordan was more influential everyone else.
    I always viewed Iverson as a borderline street thug. Are you implying that black people are predominantly street thugs?

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    I always viewed Iverson as a borderline street thug. Are you implying that black people are predominantly street thugs?
    is this serious....do you know what a street thug is?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    You know the internet is a great place to download books like this http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...at-sheet0.html

And Iverson is so lame and overrated that to even entertain the idea of him having a bigger influence on basketball than Michael Jordan is downright ridiculous and preposterous.
    your not black.....so how would you know the impact he had on our culture?Ill just ignore your attempt to insult me ill be the bigger man

How many time was MJ mentioned in a rap song? Now how many was AI? How many black kids rocked Air Jordans and how many rocked Questions? How many STILL rock Jordans years after MJ retired?

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Swag.. jk, he looks retarded.

You really mad doe.

your not black.....so how would you know the impact he had on our culture?Ill just ignore your attempt to insult me ill be the bigger man
    Oh really??? So wearing shirts that make you look like an ugly transvestite because they are so long and ill fitted and walking around with pants hanging off your knees is what black culture is about?
    You're argument is pitiful. Jordan was a real man and a real champion. This trash you worship couldn't even lace up Jordan's shoes. Jordan wears properly fitted clothing, isn't confrontational, and speaks like a normal human being. Because he doesn't want to associate with criminals and ignorant social leeches makes him someone to aspire to become.

I agree, nobody was as big of a cult icon as Iverson back in 01-05. The whole world loved that guy, even beyond Jordan, Kobe, LeBron level hype.