Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    College superstar

Default More pressure to win title: Durant and Westbrook or Chris Paul and Griffin

the clippers just came off b2b chokes in 2014 & 2015.. okc has an excuse because of their injuries, but i think its about time they win something or just move either westbrook/durant - i don't like the tandem as is, but they're still formidable & will always be elite if they're hitting their shots.

for me, its got to be the clippers - as i said, 2015 was an historic chokejob, and for that, i moved chris paul down my list of best pg's all-time

College superstar

Default Re: More pressure to win title: Durant and Westbrook or Chris Paul and Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    the clippers just came off b2b chokes in 2014 & 2015.. okc has an excuse because of their injuries, but i think its about time they win something or just move either westbrook/durant - i don't like the tandem as is, but they're still formidable & will always be elite if they're hitting their shots.

for me, its got to be the clippers - as i said, 2015 was an historic chokejob, and for that, i moved chris paul down my list of best pg's all-time
    CP3 hits a game winner with a torn hamstring against the defending champs in G7 with time running out. Gets moved down list. ISH, where logic is an allergy.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: More pressure to win title: Durant and Westbrook or Chris Paul and Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    CP3 hits a game winner with a torn hamstring against the defending champs in G7 with time running out. Gets moved down list. ISH, where logic is an allergy.
    too bad he choked away a 3-1 lead while playing on a team that was good enough to win playoff games without him..

College superstar

and then proceeded to choke against an inferior team, without its best player, at home, after being up 20+ points.

in the 4th quarter of that elimination game, he had just 2 field goals BTW

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

And obvioulsy KD/WB

CP3rd round virgin could not get past the 2nd round for the rest of his life while playing with the monstars and his fans will continue to make excuses for him..

KD will be held to all time great standards while Cp3 is held to no standards because his advance stats are so pretty and he dribbles nice yet gets the benefit of becoming the 2nd GOAT point guard with a single WCF birth according to him brain dead fans

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    And obvioulsy KD/WB

CP3rd round virgin could not get past the 2nd round for the rest of his life while playing with the monstars and his fans will continue to make excuses for him..

KD will be held to all time great standards while Cp3 is held to no standards because his advance stats are so pretty and he dribbles nice yet gets the benefit of becoming the 2nd GOAT point guard with a single WCF birth according to him brain dead fans
    good point. i rank cp3 with nash, kidd and payton. definitively behind oscar, magic & isiah.

does anyone else think okc will move westbrook or durant if they don't make and/or win the finals these next 2 years?

I usually hit open layups

This is the Clippers' last serious shot to make Finals and/or win.. It will be very unlikely in the future as Paul ages and other contenders come into the picture.. (The West could get even worse if, say, the Pelicans become a thing. Or The Kings. Later The Wolves..)

On the other hand, I think K.D. and Westbrook have the most at stake legacy-wise.. People have their minds more or less made up on Paul & Griffin I think, whereas there's still room for K.D. and Westbrook to carve out more legendary territory..

In a weird way tho, the answer is neither, it's the Spurs who have zero excuses..

College superstar

cp3 never tore his hamstring BTW - and if he did, it was a minor tear that didn't require surgery nor had him sidelined in the big games. as markmadsen said, the clippers won their opening game @ houston without him.

superteam- i agree with you that okc's window is bigger. notice the 2-3 season caveat i put on them? they're younger and haven't had as many playoff blunders as chris paul.

I think Durant will (and should) leave OKC if they don't win next season, especially if they don't get to the finals at least. If he really wants to win he would be stupid to stay in the west. OKC has more at stake.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Clippers are way more stacked and have a coach who has proven what he can do with stacked teams. Thunder is a 2 and a half headed monster, but have more excuse of not having the supporting help. Either way, given health, fans will eat up both teams on ISH if they don't at least get deep in the playoffs.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPopazit
    Clippers are way more stacked and have a coach who has proven what he can do with stacked teams. Thunder is a 2 and a half headed monster, but have more excuse of not having the supporting help. Either way, given health, fans will eat up both teams on ISH if they don't at least get deep in the playoffs.
    well said..

360s never gonna make it past 2nd round tbh

He's 360

The duo with the guy who won an MVP and is a FA next year.

Lebron

KD & Westbrook - they've gotten to the Finals and KD has been MVP. Paul and Griffin haven't even been to WCF.