Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Draymond Green massive flop, acts hurt, talks trash to Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    This begins immediately after contact so it looks like he's reacting to the right elbow
    Its a flop plain and simple.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

We don't need another fat obnoxious black man in the league. That's Big Baby's shtick.

Somebody take this greasy, burnt hippo out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding
    Its a flop plain and simple.
    Look at the replay before the ultra slomo which shows the full motion. Left elbow connects

Left elbow clearly rubs his face slightly, sold it immensely though

Green got a busted lip from that.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    This begins immediately after contact so it looks like he's reacting to the right elbow
    seems like he caught him slightly, but someone needs to gif that after the elbow reaction face.

-Smak

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by beastmode
    Like chazzy said, that gif begins immediately after the contact. The creation of that gif is about as shameless as Green's supposed reaction. And surely, Green's reaction may have been embellished but 1) It doesn't take a full-fledged elbow to the face to induce a reaction and 2) At least there actually was contact. He certainly sold it, but the contact actually existed.

My question, is whether Anderson has the right to that pivot space. I know he swings through a bit, but to a degree he should be entitled to work within his personal space, no?

Quote Originally Posted by beastmode
    Wow.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by upside24
    Wow.
    The contact occurred with the left elbow... which conveniently happened right before that gif begins. Still an embellishment on Green's part, but that gif is awfully misleading.

A full look:

Last edited by Rake2204; 04-24-2015 at 11:01 AM.

That's the same shit Bosh did to Boozer in 2011 if I recall. Except Bosh reacts a second later. Someone post that gif

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Like chazzy said, that gif begins immediately after the contact. The creation of that gif is about as shameless as Green's supposed reaction. And surely, Green's reaction may have been embellished but 1) It doesn't take a full-fledged elbow to the face to induce a reaction and 2) At least there actually was contact. He certainly sold it, but the contact actually existed.

My question, is whether Anderson has the right to that pivot space. I know he swings through a bit, but to a degree he should be entitled to work within his personal space, no?
    I have no idea what they rules say but my personal philosophy has always been that if you stick your face in there then you should be prepared to get hit. Anything less than a blatant elbow is fair game to me but I'm sure the rules aren't eye-for-an-eye as what I'd like.

I was think back to the '01 Finals when I see foul calls like this. Shaq was savaging Mutombo like 4-5 times per game with elbows without a whistle.

The contact occurred with the left elbow... which conveniently happened right before that gif begins. Still an embellishment on Green's part, but that gif is awfully misleading.

A full look:
    I know you're a Pistons fan and probably liked Draymond since his Michigan State days (unless you're a Wolverines fan )... would you give him max to play for the Pistons? He's a helluva role player, like the opposite of Josh Smith...but he's no star.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I know you're a Pistons fan and probably liked Draymond since his Michigan State days (unless you're a Wolverines fan )... would you give him max to play for the Pistons? He's a helluva role player, like the opposite of Josh Smith...but he's no star.
    Not to be contrarian, but I watched him play high school ball in Saginaw and I wasn't sure he'd ever amount to anything, haha. He seemed a little heavy and not terribly athletic. Obviously, I've been proven wrong ever since (would have helped to account for his wingspan back then).

Still, the idea of paying him the max scares me a little bit. I know he's so much more than the numbers but... on a team like the Pistons right now, can they afford to pay max money to a guy who averaged 11 & 8 this past year? I just foresee him coming to Auburn Hills, playing his game (hitting trailing threes, playing great defense) but then the moment some losing hits, all we're going to say is, "Welp, you're paying a guy maximum contract money to average 13 points on 44% shooting so... what'd ya expect."

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    That's the same shit Bosh did to Boozer in 2011 if I recall. Except Bosh reacts a second later. Someone post that gif

shhhhhhh

A full look:

almost looks like he hits him twice... once while straightening up and then the second with the left elbow.. definitely green sold it but there was some level of contact