Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2007, 07:10 PM   #61
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Default Re: Draft winners, and losers

Utah Winners? Rofl.

Bobcats or Houston had the worst end of the draft.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #62
DatZNasty
College superstar

LOSERS- Dallas Mavericks

One thing that the historic first round loss to the Warriors showed was that this team needs to get more athletic, and less soft, and more players who can do more than one thing well (since the 1 dimensional players we bought in like Devean George and Greg Buckner and Austin Croshere failed in their one dimension [shooting] making them totally useless) and anybody who can block a shot, or get an easy basket in the post and not these quasi-postups 20ft from the bucket . We have a "MVP" power forward who can't score in the post isolated against supposedly physically disadvantaged players like Stephen Jackson and Monta Ellis and Matt Barnes, along with not being able to guard anyone.

So who do we draft? A 6'10 non athletic soft jumpshooting non defense playing slow "power" forward. Granted it was a second pick, so who was still on the board that'd be a better fit you say?

Reyshawn Terry, Demetrius Nichols, Jermareo Davidson, Dominique McGuire, Josh McRoberts, hell even Stephane Lasme if Benga's not going to regain his athleticism because of his ACL injury.

Terry, Nichols, and McGuire all would be instant improvements over Devean George and Greg Buckner, both of whom had about 3 good games each as a Mav. Perhaps you can say McGuire would have been a reach at 34 since he didn't even get drafted, but whatever. Luckily Orlando didn't want to sign any draft picks so they gave us Terry so that's a wash. Either of the 3 bring length, athleticism, versatility, and some defense to the table at the 2 or 3 spots and Nichols is probably going to end up the best shooter out of this draft.

With regard to me saying McRoberts, Davidson, Lasme, and Davis, Davidson, and Lasme. With all but Big Baby I'm looking at defense now. I'm looking at how the Mavs come down and shoot contested jumpers every possession while the other team just comes down and gets layups, dunks, and free throws. Couple guys here who should block a couple shots and Davis I'm expecting to have a Corliss Williamson type career if he can keep his weight down, but I can excuse passing on him if you're worried about that.

Still, Nick Fazekas? We might not score a point in the paint the entire season next yr
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #63
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
You must mean G. Wallace? I can't think who else you could be talking about. And the answer to that is simple. If Wallace resigns, then he slides down to the 3, which is his more natural position anyways. If he doesn't, then they really have no choice but to throw Morrison out there.

I thought it was a good trade, assuming you don't mind the cap loss.

Mathius

I meant they got a proven scorer at the 2 guard spot in Jason Richardson but how does that translate into making the team better. He can score but he never was an explosive scorer or one whose offense made an impact to me. And by getting him you all but say we're going Adam Morrison over Gerald Wallace because there is no way they will resign G.Wallace now.

Its not as bad as SAS made it out to be...but I would have explored better options using Brandan Wright.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #64
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

I don't mind the Bobcats getting J-rich. They need some veterans on this team, and he's not bad to have around. There not gonna get any free agents to come to Charlotte, so this was the best b/c. You don't want to turn into the Atlanta Hawks and just have a team full of draft lottery guys. Sooner or later, you gotta "go for it." The cap hit sucks, but I think that J-Rich will help lead them to a degree of respectability.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #65
DatZNasty
College superstar

BTW, what did non Mavs fans think of the addition of Fazekas? Over on the Mavs board, they say I am just racist and negative and that a jump shooting soft PF is just what the doctor ordered.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #66
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
BTW, what did non Mavs fans think of the addition of Fazekas? Over on the Mavs board, they say I am just racist and negative and that a jump shooting soft PF is just what the doctor ordered.

Nothing racist about it. Nick is a stiff. With Josh McRoberts there atleast he has more skills than Nick. I would have drafted Derrick Byars. Dallas landed Reyshawn Terry tho no?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:39 AM   #67
Chalkmaze
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Utah Winners? Rofl.
Absolutely... they picked as low as 25th and still got one hell of a good player in Almond.

pre-draft notes: NBA teams will know what they are getting in Almond when the 2007 NBA Draft rolls around. Scouts know they are getting a smart, crafty player who can absolutely shoot the lights out of the ball. When it is all said and done, Almond has a very good chance of seeing himself drafted somewhere in the first round due to his proven scoring prowess, ability to get to the foul line, and deadly outside shooting stroke, as well as his excellent intangibles.

6'6" 215

85 FT% 48 FG% 46 3Pt% 26 PPG

You still laughing?
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:18 AM   #68
DatZNasty
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Nothing racist about it. Nick is a stiff. With Josh McRoberts there atleast he has more skills than Nick. I would have drafted Derrick Byars. Dallas landed Reyshawn Terry tho no?
Nah, on that board I'm supposedly racist because those dudes always wanna add a Marko Jaric, Zoran Planinic type to the team and I'm talking about Ricky Davis and Ruben Patterson and they claim there's a pattern, plus I defended the Rutger's chics when everyone over there was pro Imus.

But yea, Orlando for some reason just gave us Terry for our #60 pick who is going to stay overseas. I guess they just didn't wanna pay another player or add another to the roster. Props for that though but Fazekas, sheesh!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: