Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    Banned

Default Re: The best point guard in the league

You put ROse on that Hornets team and the Hornets would make it to the WCF every year. WEST, PEJA, Rose and a great team defense which the Hornets had.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Like I said, I like em both, they just go about it differently. CP3 played crash and bash pre knee injury too.. Look how far it got him.

People say he plays passive, I see it more as him trying to teach his team mates to step up like they will need to come playoffs. They miss an open J but he keeps feeding them. I think rose gets impatient and says "well f*ck it, I'll do it myself". CP3 says "son we ain't goin nowhere till you can hit the free points I'm hand feeding you, coz we r gonna need it come finals".

Anyway.. Just my opinion. They are both their own men and will find their own paths.

Banned

CP3 isn't even better than Melo or Amare. He needs to pass those guys first.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    What? What cast did CP3 have around him in NOH? They only played well in 08.
    I was talking about the Clippers....

But even with NO, like it was said above me, they still had decent defense, which is how they got to the playoffs, it was pretty much the EXACT same situation Rose was in last year.

droid101, chazzy, notatop29pg, rrr3

check your reps, hopefully you can help me out (i'm not asking for rep, that would be a bonus though but i explained my purpose)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notatop29pg
    Like I said, I like em both, they just go about it differently. CP3 played crash and bash pre knee injury too.. Look how far it got him.
    A great example to look at is Rose and Westbrook. Westbrook plays this same crash and bash, going for contact, and even trying to dunk on people at times. This is the kind of play that can result in injuries in the future. Rose works with evasion as his main tool. He contorts and dodges so much to guarantee he receives as minimal contact as possible in the lane. Its the reason he can take on bigs, cause he successfully EVADES a lot more of contact from them then a normal person would.

People say he plays passive, I see it more as him trying to teach his team mates to step up like they will need to come playoffs. They miss an open J but he keeps feeding them. I think rose gets impatient and says "well f*ck it, I'll do it myself". CP3 says "son we ain't goin nowhere till you can hit the free points I'm hand feeding you, coz we r gonna need it come finals".

Anyway.. Just my opinion. They are both their own men and will find their own paths.
    You bring up good points, but that's another difference between the two. CP3 might have that patience, but he's been known to be LAZY at times. Rose might get impatient, but that's what happens when you have that inner fire, that drive that is like a reincarnation of MJ's drive to win. Rose does NOT want to lose, and will do whatever he feels is possible to make that not happen.

CP3 last night: 2 points on 11%, 7 AST, 3 STL

Rose last night: 26 points on 45%, 13 AST, 0 STL

CP3 making the case for the best point guard still?

1. jeremy lin
    2. derrick rose
    3. ricky rubio
    the rest

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    1. jeremy lin
    2. derrick rose
    3. ricky rubio
    the rest
    CP isn't cute enough for you?

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

how bout his teammates saying "Cp3 we wont make it to the finals if you don't be aggressive and shoot the ball"

Quote Originally Posted by DRose1899
    CP isn't cute enough for you?
    ok, you're right.

1. jeremy lin
    2. cp3
    3. ricky rubio
    4. derrick rose

1. Lin

2. Parker
    3. Rose

199. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    Cp3 had a very good defensive team and on top of that West and Peja were killing it every night. CP3 wasn't the only one. There was a reason why Hornets made the playoffs, Hornets werent a one man team.

CP3 has been overrated his entire career
    Did dude ran over your dog or something?