Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Birdman suspended for steroid use?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertSwift31
    Wrong. He will not say what drug(s) he did. The reporter listed the drugs that were included on the list of drugs which warrant a 2 year suspension, Meth and Heroin included.

My bet is he did Coke. Couldn't see a dude in the NBA doing meth consistently. Same with Heroin. The scary part about him doing coke is that Cocaine only stays in your system for 3 days, so he must have done blow a lot to get caught on a random test (That is assuming he did coke).

And IMO this is not a "Lakers Fans Issue". Birdman clearly was on some heavy drugs. It's not like people are falsely accusing him just because they don't like him (I.E. refs fixing games...). He did drugs and it's a fact.

And to whoever said his game is over glorified - Very false statement. Dude is playing out of his mind this series and has been whenever I watch him. Any team could use a guy like him off of the bench.
    Anyone know if there's a zero tolerance policy with the hard drugs? With weed I've heard you get several private busts before it becomes public and suspensions start rolling in.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    Steroids and other performance enhancers are perfectly safe under proper supervision, but it's banned for the integrity of the game. There's really no safe amount of cocain or heroine.
    That is factually completely false.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Under a doctors supervision, people use steroids all the time for therapeutic reasons. Stuff like HGH is pretty safe to use as well in moderation. You can use steroids to heal faster or get your wind back. It's not all about getting ripped.

Decent playground baller

If you know what you are doing or are under complete supervision of someone that does/a doctor steroids are very safe.

Obviously if a profesional athlete were to take steroids he would have the best trainers and people supervising him and such.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
    If you know what you are doing or are under complete supervision of someone that does/a doctor steroids are very safe.

Obviously if a profesional athlete were to take steroids he would have the best trainers and people supervising him and such.
    Uhh, I sincerely doubt that since steroids are still illegal. The best doctors and trainers wouldn't even think about putting their careers on the line like that. Doctors who help athletes with doping themselves are usually people who care more about their pockets than the athletes' health. There are cases known of athletes who nearly died after taking an illegal substance, even under supervision from a doctor.

I am Chris Wilcox

Not entirely. Steroids are used in medicine a fair amount.

Here's a list from wikipedia on the uses of Anabolic Steroids in medicine,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaboli...ergogenic_uses

A training athlete, especially an Olympic athlete (I say Olympic athlete, because it's the best example of where PEDs are completely banned, even extreme levels of caffine and stuff raise suspicion) will stay away from steroids, whether they had proper supervision or not. They'd most likely use HGH, which is much harder to detect than steroids.
    Last edited by Kebab Stall; 05-28-2009 at 06:05 AM.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by quasimoto
    Uhh, I sincerely doubt that since steroids are still illegal. The best doctors and trainers wouldn't even think about putting their careers on the line like that. Doctors who help athletes with doping themselves are usually people who care more about their pockets than the athletes' health. There are cases known of athletes who nearly died after taking an illegal substance, even under supervision from a doctor.
    There illegal because when people don't know how to use them they are very dangerous. Same thing as abusing them as well.

Care to bring up any links of real athletes (not bodybuilders) who nearly died from a PED?

There has been over like 400 baseball players convicted of steroid use.
    Imagine how many that havnt.
    I havn't heard of one case where someone nearly died from them.

There is usally one football death each year related to a PED, (weightloss supplements actually) but those athletes are in horrible health anyways.

As far as you saying the best doctors and trainers wouldnt put their careers on the line? Your probably right.
    But there is hundreds of lab rats who are well known throughout the athletic fitness biz that are willing to put thier careers/lives on the line to work with the best athletes in the world and get a good chunk of change.
    Just look at the people at BALCO.

Why don't you not talk abot stuff you nothing about huh?

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersLaLaLand
    Chris Anderson was suspended 2 years for a unknown banned substance.

Was it steroids?

We all know he was a heroin and meth-head.

Odom was suspended 5 games for marijuana at one point. So I dont think chris anderson was smoking weed.

My bad if this has been previously discussed.
    I'm pretty sure Birdman just popped some exstacy/MDMA one night at a rave and got caught. Its no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    I'm pretty sure Birdman just popped some exstacy/MDMA one night at a rave and got caught. Its no biggie.
    From hearing him talk, it didn't sound like he used once and got caught, it sounded more like it was part of his lifestyle and he got caught.

Local High School Star John Smith's Avatar

It was cocaine. I don't know why people don't know this to this day. I guess if you didn't like the Birdman before his suspension, you know back when he was in the dunk contest, then you're a bandwagoner pretty much and don't know much about him.

They call him the Birdman because he used to push keys of coke. And he sure as hell tested out his product...a lot!

Saw a basketball once sonofthehill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    One, it could've been cocaine. Two, who's to say it had to be a combination of two?

Again, ****ing lakers fans. Stay classy!
    As long as he using drug he is a junkie ok? end of story and can u stop swearing? It just show how classless u r as a nuggest fan

Local High School Star John Smith's Avatar

They also call him the birdman because he flies in any weather.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geandily
    I think it's funny that using a drug detrimental to your performance gets you a 2 year suspension and steroids, a drug that gives you an unfair advantage, gets you a few games.

PRETTY STRANGE
    Coke essentially wiped out a generation of NBA players. Look up Len Bias if you want to understand the leagues rational.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    Coke essentially wiped out a generation of NBA players. Look up Len Bias if you want to understand the leagues rational.
    Check out David Thompson while you're there (and yes, I know about Bias) ...

Saw a basketball once

He used cocaine, heroin, or meth, not steroids.