Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Lets talk about Corey Maggette

The epitome of "I before team". All he does is charge to the basket with his head down. He has made it in the NBA purely by being physically gifted. He has very low basketball skills and basketball IQ. He's lazy and flat footed on defense, he doesn't ever look at team mates on offense. If he's playing off the ball, all he does is curl of a pick. He has no soft touch at all. Whoever said that he's great at and 1's, go slap yourself. He's terrible at getting the and 1. He doesn't even try to get the ball in the hoop. He just charges the lain with his head down, put his head down, close his eyes, flail his arms and legs, scream, and then falls. The only thing he's actually skilled at is free throw shooting. He'll make them 84% of the time. But his jumper is suspect, and even worse, he has probably the worst shot selection I've ever seen. It would be the beginning of the shot clock and a team mate that is a good shooter will get himself open or someone will be open under the basket and he'll just jack up a 20 footer off the dribble with a hand in his face. The Brand/Maggette era of the Clippers were notorious for losing close games mainly due to Maggette taking over games. Most times, the Clippers would have been just fine with feeding Brand or Kaman, but nope, Maggette believes that he's like Mike so he'll take over the game, clank jumper after jumper, get sonned on defense, and turn the ball over during crucial minutes of the game. With the closing seconds (under 10 seconds) Maggette wouldn't even get the shot off a lot of the times. Instead, he'll let the ball bounce off his foot... I haven't let the ball bounce off my foot since I was in middle school.

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    Yes, ONE season. 20/10 and not even so much as an All-NBA 3rd team outside of '06?
    He played in an era where the position was manned by Tim Duncan, KG, Dirk, C Webb, and Amare. They were all simply better while playing on better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    He played in an era where the position was manned by Tim Duncan, KG, Dirk, C Webb, and Amare. They were all simply better while playing on better teams.

That's only 5 guys and Amare didn't become elite until '05.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    I don't know man. The ONLY better PF's were Duncan and KG and in his 25 ppg, 12 rpg, 2.7 bpg season or w/e his best year was... he WAS on their level. I think it does have to do with being on a lesser team but Dirk, Webber and Amare were NOT as good as peak Brand at that time. At least not as good on both ends of the floor or as impactful.

we might see Corey of old since he's going to be the Bobcats only scoring option whenever the season starts.

he is the only player ever whos entire game revolves around trying to get to the foul line at all costs. ive never seen another scorer who doesnt even care about making the bucket, just looks to drawcontact

I remember people here saying the Maggette for PP straight up was a good trade for the Celtics.

That was during the Jiri Welsh era

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ukplayer4
    he is the only player ever whos entire game revolves around trying to get to the foul line at all costs. ive never seen another scorer who doesnt even care about making the bucket, just looks to drawcontact
    He's pretty much what Wade wanted to be like in 2005 and 2006.

Who he play for?

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Who he play for?
    detroit

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    detroit

Poor bastard I refuse to watch them play, shitter than the bobcats imo..
    Is Charlie V still wasting a chunk of there cap launching 3s Antoine Walker style???

Quote Originally Posted by hon
    Made $78,207,386 in the process. I think he'll be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xover
    no one wants to talk about you when your career highlight was travelling 6 times in a play followed by choking the guy. someone had to say it and its true
    So true.

Lebron James without the marketing
    Lebron James without the bball IQ or passing.