Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What is Andrew Wiggins potential ceiling?

I'm going to see him play up close in bout 2 weeks(barring injury).
    As the way it shapes up in the east , that 3 spot is sewed up with a log jam so he won't be starting unless he converts to a 2 which I don't see him doing.same prob in the west with Kd and as long as kobe shooting for that Alcindor record . So he will be a reserve for quit a while on those all star teams . .he can become a solid 21-6-3 guy year in and year out. He can really maximize his potential if he can get on a squad with a true vet pro to take under his wing, he's not the type to throw rite in the fire and expect to turn a lottery team into a top 4 seed rookie year . He don't be top 10 best ever , but he won't be olawakandi or oden either .

Ceiling - Tmac
    Most Likely - Paul George
    Floor - Kawhi Leonard

Learning to shoot layups

The NBA is moving in a direction that favors Wiggins minus one thing, the three point shot, where he needs to put in work. Everything else: faster, leaner, slashing, transition, defense etc. are right in Wiggins's wheel house.

I like the fact he isn't killing it at Kansas right now, LeBron broke the mold for the young cats and it is no longer about MJ and AI and 'getting yours', its about team.

Kansas WILL win the national championship this year and it will be on the back of Wiggins, because as we have seen twice already this year on a big stage (the late come back and domination of Duke and the seemingly only guy on the floor when they lost to that team around XMas who played great D on everyone except Wiggins) when the shit gets in lock down mode, he rises to the top.

Big Game Andrew. Perhaps he is the next James Worthy.

Coast to coast!

Yeah buddy!

Banned

I dont think there's any KDs or LeBrons in this Draft, apart from Embiid IF he hits his potential. I think the rest could be in the tier below that. The CP3/PG/Curry/Aldridge tier. Maybe Wiggins could be a bit better than them, but I think he'll probably be a better Paul George in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    Ceiling - Tmac
    Most Likely - Paul George
    Floor - Kawhi Leonard

Yeah this is a lot better than that "Floor is Prime Tmac" BS. I can see this but downgrade "most likely" from PG to Rudy Gay.

Learning to shoot layups

Kid had 19 boards last night.

That is impressive, I would like to see him go on a rebounding tear, give the people something to think about.

just watched him play up close, he had a very very quiet 27 points, mixed in mid range jumpers and outside shots.the only thing in him i see he doesn't have a high motor and is too nonchalant on defense.he seems to be coasting, maybe cause bill self wants him to play in the system and the kansas team has other options to where he doesn't have the green light at will.

NBA Superstar

Great article about the top prospects when they play against great teams.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...op-competition

great case for Wiggins here.

Wiggins looks more like Gerald Green and his 9.5 fingers

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Great article about the top prospects when they play against great teams.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...op-competition

great case for Wiggins here.
    tbf, any article about the top freshman prospects that doesn't include Embiid isn't worth reading.

guy has an agenda. That is why he didn't include the Villanova(the highest ranked team that Kansas has played) game, there is no other rational explanation.

Wiggins still has a case for number 1, but these arent the guys in the argument. Its either Embiid or Wiggins.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 01-27-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Banned

seems like wiggins may have fallen behind embiid, parker, and smart at this point. are all four locks to be nba ready?

Banned

double post

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thorton
    seems like wiggins may have fallen behind embiid, parker, and smart at this point. are all four locks to be nba ready?
    I don't think so, its classic ESPN build you up so we can tear you down nonsense.

Wiggins has done big things this season, and he is doing all this without his game being fully refined (all the reasons people love Embiid).

NBA wise Wiggins is already a top five athlete in the league and a lock down defender at multiple positions who can find ways to score. once fully refined he will be deadly.

LeBron had no post game and a shaky jumper in the beginning, T-Mac was really raw, etc.

We all forget that Wiggins COULD STILL be in high school this year if he didn't reclassify...this kid is nowhere near where he will be.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    I don't think so, its classic ESPN build you up so we can tear you down nonsense.

Wiggins has done big things this season, and he is doing all this without his game being fully refined (all the reasons people love Embiid).

NBA wise Wiggins is already a top five athlete in the league and a lock down defender at multiple positions who can find ways to score. once fully refined he will be deadly.

LeBron had no post game and a shaky jumper in the beginning, T-Mac was really raw, etc.

We all forget that Wiggins COULD STILL be in high school this year if he didn't reclassify...this kid is nowhere near where he will be.
    I agree with most of this except the part about staying in high school. Athletes in high school hold themselves back to gain advantages. Wiggins has been a big time prospect since he was 13 and is going to turn 19 in less than a month. The fact that he could have been a 20 year old freshman isn't really a big deal either way.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I agree with most of this except the part about staying in high school. Athletes in high school hold themselves back to gain advantages. Wiggins has been a big time prospect since he was 13 and is going to turn 19 in less than a month. The fact that he could have been a 20 year old freshman isn't really a big deal either way.
    True...just adding perspective.

Another big game for Wiggins tonight, he is really coming on strong as of late.