Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Forbes article on the NBA's Most Overpaid Players

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    I defend Lin because the back lash he gets is unfair. And these people will stop at nothing to diminish a quality human being (for an NBA player that is).
    Just curious...what makes Lin such a high quality human being? And why is it so easy for you to generalize about the rest of NBA players? What, on the surface, is so different between them and Lin...

Oh. Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Just curious...what makes Lin such a high quality human being? And why is it so easy for you to generalize about the rest of NBA players? What, on the surface, is so different between them and Lin...

Oh. Never mind.
    Lol nice try...

I probably wished I wrote my post more precisely. During Linsanity, Jeremy was selfless always giving credit to his teammates for the wins during the streak.

To me that's a breathe of fresh air away from self important prima donnas like kobe, lebron, rwbrook, D12.etc...

But yet hate was spewed his way as though he was on the same a**hole level as the stars mentioned above.

Afflalo and Melo both don't deserve to be there. They also tried to give Chandler credit for the Knicks success this year. Chandler missed a lot of games too, and has definitely had games where his impact was minimal as well. Not that I don't like Tyson, but Melo is just a greater part of the Knicks success. And Afflalo had an argument for being Orlando's best or atleast 2nd best player this year and has had a LOT of 20/10 games this year from what i've seen. If you pay your second best player 7mill and he can go for 30 he's not overpaid

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Dirk is averaging 17 pts a game on a lottery team. Definitely overpaid!
    this guy is a retard!

start watching games!
    Last edited by DirkNowitzki41; 04-10-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Clearly made this list for a good read. Can't put a bunch of guys nobody cares about anymore...but he was way off.

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Lol nice try...

I probably wished I wrote my post more precisely. During Linsanity, Jeremy was selfless always giving credit to his teammates for the wins during the streak.

To me that's a breathe of fresh air away from self important prima donnas like kobe, lebron, rwbrook, D12.etc...

But yet hate was spewed his way as though he was on the same a**hole level as the stars mentioned above.

You're still missing by a mile.

Lin engaged in "player-speak". It's the same thing that all athletes in all sports say anytime they're interviewed. "Giving credit to his teammates" is as trite as "we take em one game at a time". Crediting your co-workers with contributing to your success hardly makes someone a "quality human being".

I read these threads, and felt that most of what you call "hate" toward Lin was a leveling out of the ridiculous overreaction to his performance.

That said, some of it was certainly of a racist, hateful nature. Sort of like lumping together a bunch of guys that you don't like, who all happen to be of one racial makeup, and labeling them "self important prima donnas" when they say all the same things during interviews that Lin does.

Unless of course you know Lin and all those other guys personally.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    this guy is a retard!

start watching games!
    Dallas is in 10th place. What is it that I need to watch? Maybe Dallas will be able to get by paying max to a 17 pts a game player who certainly appears to be on a sharp decline at 35 but they definitely haven't shown it yet.

I know the Jazz can't afford to do it. AK's contract hamstrung them for many years. Al's 15 million a year now is a killer because they won't put him on the bench where he belongs and just recently started running their offense without revolving it around him(not a coincidence that they've been winning lately).

Take Dirk and Anthony of their respective teams and tell me if they are not worth the money. The author of the article is just an ignorant dum dum...