Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: kevin martin is as good as harden

LOL 2 games into the season.

This is why ISH is a shithole.

holy kneejerking people.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    But see, if Harden was on OKC he wouldn't be putting up these numbers.

He's a beast, but he's putting up these numbers in Houston because he's the first option, he wasn't that in OKC and he wasn't going to put up these numbers in OKC.
    KM is not good enough to put up those numbers as the first option.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Not only is he a first option in Houston, he's a first option on a team that doesn't really have a legit second scoring option. I know Lin did it for about two weeks last year, but there's not really a sustained proven second scoring option on the Rockets.

Lin averaged over 18PPG, over 26 games. And the Knicks went 16-10 (50-51 win pace).

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Lin averaged over 18PPG, over 26 games. And the Knicks went 16-10 (50-51 win pace).
    My fault. He has one other solid scoring threat on his team who averaged 18 PPG for about a month of his career. Though I do think Lin will average 15-17 a game for awhile for the Rockets until some of their younger players emerge and start producing more consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    KM is not good enough to put up those numbers as the first option.
    Scoring wise? Yes he is.

He has 8 career 40 point games, has average over 20 ppg 5 times in his career. He's not as good of an all around player as Harden, but he can provide scoring off of the bench for OKC like Harden.

My fault. He has one other solid scoring threat on his team who averaged 18 PPG for about a month of his career. Though I do think Lin will average 15-17 a game for awhile for the Rockets until some of their younger players emerge and start producing more consistently.

Well it's a large enough portion to think it was more than a fluke...tho I have concerns, too...mostly due to how he's handled stuff since then.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    Scoring wise? Yes he is.

He has 8 career 40 point games, has average over 20 ppg 5 times in his career. He's not as good of an all around player as Harden, but he can provide scoring off of the bench for OKC like Harden.
    And he has a 50 point game.

The assist numbers don't really show it in two games, but he's been fine with his passing and facilitating. Some nice dribble penetration moves where the kick-out to an open shooter ended with a missed shot or his pass led to an assist for another player, i.e. hockey assist. He's getting to the line too, with 10 attempts and 10 makes.

KG215 liking KMart, eh?

Kevin Martin is very good and isn't just an empty stats player...if he gets a chance to play on a good team. He knows how to score, not just to get his.

Doesn't change that he can't initiate team offense. But you put him in a system to utilize his quality, he will produce. I think he'll do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    KG215 liking KMart, eh?
    Yeah, so far, but I actually liked the trade when it happened. Not because I thought Martin was better than Harden, but because I understood why Presti did it, and liked what we got in return.

It's just going to take me some time to get used to Martin. Even tonight, he helped spark a fourth quarter run with a big three, another long two, and driving and getting to the line a couple of times...very similar to how Harden helped spark fourth quarter runs to blow games open; but it still "felt" different if that makes sense.

Maybe it's because he looks so much like Thabo on the court and I caught myself thinking "how in the hell did Thabo just do that?" a few times.

Harden is better than Martin in any capacity. He is a top 15 player, top 20 at worst. Martin isn't too 40. Also Harden plays with historic efficiency.

Yeah, so far, but I actually liked the trade when it happened. Not because I thought Martin was better than Harden, but because I understood why Presti did it, and liked what we got in return.

It's just going to take me some time to get used to Martin. Even tonight, he helped spark a fourth quarter run with a big three, another long two, and driving and getting to the line a couple of times...very similar to how Harden helped spark fourth quarter runs to blow games open; but it still "felt" different if that makes sense.

Maybe it's because he looks so much like Thabo on the court and I caught myself thinking "how in the hell did Thabo just do that?" a few times.
    Thought I was the only one besides Kevin Harlan (?) who thinks that. Yesterday Harlan (IIRC) mistook him for Thabo.

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    What people need to realize is that James Harden wasn't gonna be a 25+ ppg scorer in OKC unless they got rid of WB and/or Durant.

I think Martin can reasonably give them the scoring Harden provided off the bench. What they'd miss what Harden's playmaking and ability to create shots when needed.
    Pretty much. Hardens value to OKC isn't as high as his value to Houston. That's not a knock on Harden, just with Houston he's a #1 option and with OKC he's #3.

It was a good deal for everyone, Harden got paid big, Houston got a very good player and OKC got a good player, a young guy with potential and some draft picks that could be very attractive in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Thought I was the only one besides Kevin Harlan (?) who thinks that. Yesterday Harlan (IIRC) mistook him for Thabo.
    Yeah, even just looking at them straight on when you can see their face, you can get them mixed up. It's even worse when they're running around and moving on the court. The 12-15 Thunder fans in the chat I was in last night pointed it out and some of us got confused again tonight. A few times in the first half someone said something like "Wow, look at Thabo!" after Martin made a shot or a move to the hole and got fouled, only to realize it was Martin a few seconds later.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    LOL 2 games into the season.

This is why ISH is a shithole.

holy kneejerking people.
    Harden is averaGING 41 POINTS dosent matter if it's only 2 games. He had a 40 point last season to. He showed in samples last season he is capable.Anyone with a brain knew Harden>>>>Martin but it dosent negate from the fact Martin is a good player in his own right.