Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Boston Celtics Trade/Free Agency/Rumors/Draft Discussion Thread ☘

Offseason's coming up, and we should be expecting a lot of news related to the Draft and FA coming soon. Let's discuss all rumors and ideas/hopes in this thread!

Banned

Default Re: Boston Celtics Trade/Free Agency/Rumors/Draft Discussion Thread ☘

If we don't trade up in this Draft, I'll be pretty pissed.

If we do trade up, and pass up talent in Mario Hezonja and/or Justise Winslow for positional need in Willie Cauley-Stein, I'll be mighty pissed. Cauley-Stein is a decent pick if those guys are taken, but his ceiling is a decent-good starter. Hezonja and Winslow have star potential and we could build the team around them with Smart and possibly Kevin Love.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    If we don't trade up in this Draft, I'll be pretty pissed.
    How do you propose trading up?

With your potential 12-15m in salary cap space without trades, I'd recommend attempting to sign someone like Middleton. He'd provide shooting, athleticism, and D on the wing.
    Then, after that signing, you'll have maybe 6-10m left over to go after Danny Green or Wes Matthews or Koufos or something.

Signing young guys that still have room and time to grow as players and within the organization.

Smart/Thomas
    Green/Young/Turner
    Middleton/Young/Turner
    Sully/Olynyk
    Zeller/Koufos/Olynyk

I realize I left off Bradley, Wallace, and whatever rookie. I'd just as soon trade those 3 items together for future picks or something.
    Bradley, Wallace's expiring contract, #16 to Dallas for Felton and two future, protected, picks?
    Last edited by kshutts1; 06-08-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Banned

Knicks fans for one accepted Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley, James Young, #16 and 2016 Brooklyn for #4 and Tim Hardaway, Jr., but that's way too much.

Just saying that we have the assets. Trading up to the Kings, Nuggets or the Pistons is a possibility as we won't need to give away as much.

College superstar

Knicks fans for one accepted Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley, James Young, #16 and 2016 Brooklyn for #4 and Tim Hardaway, Jr., but that's way too much.

Just saying that we have the assets. Trading up to the Kings, Nuggets or the Pistons is a possibility as we won't need to give away as much.
    I guess it is a matter of opinion. I don't see many pieces worth trading a pick. I'm not sold on Sully or Olynyk, Bradley has taken a step back, Young played on a young team and couldn't get any burn... Just one man's opinion, though, and what matters is finding a team that does see the value.

Banned

So are we getting LaMarcus Aldridge or what!?

Banned

It's too early right now to tell whats going to happen, but In Ainge We Trust....

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

With the current draft position I'd like to see the team draft Justin Anderson. Nearly a seven-foot wingspan on a perimeter defender, 6'5 230 and athletic. If he ever developed a handle he would be a steal.

I honestly have no idea what's gonna happen this offseason. I see the team resigning Crowder. I hope they keep Jerebko as well.

My FA targets would be Harris and Koufos, but as we all know, no one can predict that crazy bastard Ainge.

Banned

Wow we have a new star.

Banned

If Charlotte are looking for R. J. Hunter like rumours are saying, we could trade up to their spot and take Stanley Johnson at #9. I'd love to have a guy like him on the team.

Banned

stanley johnson would be a great pickup. I am a UofA fan so thats just a added plus

Celtics 2016 Champs

If Charlotte are looking for R. J. Hunter like rumours are saying, we could trade up to their spot and take Stanley Johnson at #9. I'd love to have a guy like him on the team.

But wouldn't Charlotte be looking for an SF to after the Stephenson trade?

Celtics 2016 Champs

Does anyone know how good Kelly Oubre is?
    http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft