Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fire Spo

Default Re: Fire Spo

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I hope they hire Nate McMillan lol.

No, but VDN and Spolstra should not be NBA head coaches.

It is just ridiculous at this point.
    One question I do have for everyone on the forum...
    Why do we all (I'm including myself, btw) think we can say if a coach is good enough or not? I mean, we're not in the lockerrooms, and surely they must know a ton if they became coaches? I think SPo is bad, and think he should be fired, but sometimes I wonder if I really can say that because I'm no basketball expert or anything. You know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by gilalizard
    I don't think you want to get rid of Spo. He's your cover for the douchiness of LeBron(beta with no heart) and dwhistle(whiny reliance on refs to bail him out).

If Spo gets asked to spend more time with his family, but LeBron's and dwhistle's inherent douchebaggery continue, who will you blame then?
    I blamed LeBron for last season, not sure what else you want me to do
    I just think another coach might do a better job running the "insane asylum" as another poster just put it

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Thibs replaced VDN in Chicago. Woodson replaced MDA in NY. Brown replaced PJax in LA. i rest my case.
    What's your case again? You just posted a list of coach firings...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Ruutu's Avatar

[QUOTE=gilalizard]I don't think you want to get rid of Spo. He's your cover for the douchiness of LeBron(beta with no heart) and dwhistle(whiny reliance on refs to bail him out).

If Spo gets asked to spend more time with his family, but LeBron's and dwhistle's inherent douchebaggery continue, who will you blame then?[/QUOTEB

Bosh!

There's a large amount of coaches in the leauge I just never cosidered that good

Mike Woodsen ( During his time on the hawks)
    Mike Brown
    VDN
    Eric Spo
    Flip
    Mike D'antoni
    And the list goes on..

Though watching guys like Pop,Adelman, Riley and Phil these couple years has given me really high standards in what I judge as a good coach.
    Last edited by Yung D-Will; 04-01-2012 at 06:27 PM.

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Why do we all (I'm including myself, btw) think we can say if a coach is good enough or not? I mean, we're not in the lockerrooms, and surely they must know a ton if they became coaches? I think SPo is bad, and think he should be fired, but sometimes I wonder if I really can say that because I'm no basketball expert or anything. You know what I mean?
    I would argue that's not necessarily the case. The positions of power/influence like the TV basketball "analyst" or assistant/head coach seem like they would require basketball guru wisdom, but we all know the garbage ESPN analysts spew from their mouths. I imagine coaching positions would depend a lot on connections, luck, charisma, etc. I can't imagine how a franchise would select the greatest basketball mind from a group of applicants.

Also, some coaches are great at doing a lot with little. Some coaches are great at coaching title contenders. Rarely is one coach both.

Also, I'm pretty damn confident in my basketball knowledge/abilities to be objective and analytical while watching NBA games. Looking at websites like www.nbaplaybook.com helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    I would argue that's not necessarily the case. The positions of power/influence like the TV basketball "analyst" or assistant/head coach seem like they would require basketball guru wisdom, but we all know the garbage ESPN analysts spew from their mouths. I imagine coaching positions would depend a lot on connections, luck, charisma, etc. I can't imagine how a franchise would select the greatest basketball mind from a group of applicants.

Also, some coaches are great at doing a lot with little. Some coaches are great at coaching title contenders. Rarely is one coach both.

Also, I'm pretty damn confident in my abilities to be objective and analytical while watching NBA games. Looking at websites like www.nbaplaybook.com helps too.
    I wish you were the HEat coach lol

Banned

wel trade you Mike Brown, who knows maybe swapping teams might work for these two idiots

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    wel trade you Mike Brown, who knows maybe swapping teams might work for these two idiots

He's a bad coach. Always was.

Wait til Kentucky wins the National Championship and the Cal to Miami rumors will pick up. I don't think he'll leave UK this early but the allure of coaching that Heat team will be pretty enticing. Lebron really likes him too.

He'd be the perfect coach for that team.

When teams underachieve and don't play to their potential it is usually the coach in my opinion. I look at a guy like Spolstra who has never had to coach a bad team and I see that team underachieving. Great coaches come up with game plans so guys like Lebron and Wade don't have to constantly carry the team.

It is most noticeable to me in the 4th quarter. All Miami does is try and force feed Lebron and Wade and have them go one on one. Where are the set plays? It is just a bunch of guys watching the stars play.

I guess I think I can judge it because I see what great coaches do. The Spurs don't ever look like they have no plan. The Mavericks last year were just killing you with a different guy. Peja one night hitting 3's like crazy, or Jason Kidd. It wasn't always Dirk.

Spolstra didn't prove himself by coaching a scrub team. He runs that Miami team like a NBA 2k cheeser. ISO ISO ISO in the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest

Also, I'm pretty damn confident in my basketball knowledge/abilities to be objective and analytical while watching NBA games. Looking at websites like www.nbaplaybook.com helps too.
    What's your opinion on D'Antoni?

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Why are half the posts just "fatheads?"

Can you not come up with an actual thought?

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    He's a bad coach. Always was.

Wait til Kentucky wins the National Championship and the Cal to Miami rumors will pick up. I don't think he'll leave UK this early but the allure of coaching that Heat team will be pretty enticing. Lebron really likes him too.

He'd be the perfect coach for that team.
    lol. that college coach will get schooled in the NBA.

Why do we all (I'm including myself, btw) think we can say if a coach is good enough or not?
    We don't.

Coaches are always the first to go, before players/GM's. It's just the way of the business of the NBA when teams lose.

You can however get a feeling that a team is not clicking, when you get reports of the "coach has lost locker room" speach.

I mean, we're not in the lockerrooms, and surely they must know a ton if they became coaches? I think SPo is bad, and think he should be fired, but sometimes I wonder if I really can say that because I'm no basketball expert or anything. You know what I mean?
    Fans say a lot of things because we got opinions on it.

If you watch enough basketball games, you get that emotional feeling that whatever you say > the coaches, because well.... just because. That's basically the feeling.

I think if you do have some level of coach experience, you are more that qualified to have a bigger say on it.

I think there are many situations like this... not just about thinking about coaches being fired or not.