Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Does anyone honestly think Wilt wasn't a more effective low post scorer than Hakeem?

Hakeem's moves are prettier because he was smaller and quicker, wilt was flat out a lot more dominant than Hakeem in the low post regardless of how many countermoves Hakeem impresses you with. Wilt backing you in with two dribbles and any of his other power game moves given his size and strength are more reliable and unstoppable than anything Hakeem could do.

Default Re: Does anyone honestly think Wilt wasn't a more effective low post scorer than Hakeem?

Probably not, but aren't both top 5 locks?

Default Re: Does anyone honestly think Wilt wasn't a more effective low post scorer than Hakeem?

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Probably not, but aren't both top 5 locks?
    At center position if Mikan is given his due it creates problems for ranking Hakeem, shaq, and Malone so not necessarily. I usually don't bother with lists that have a cutoff though because someone is bound to get snubbed depending on the number. There's more than just 5 top tier centers all time IMO

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    At center position if Mikan is given his due it creates problems for ranking Hakeem, shaq, and Malone so not necessarily. I usually don't bother with lists that have a cutoff though because someone is bound to get snubbed depending on the number. There's more than just 5 top tier centers all time IMO
    Oh I meant top 5 in terms of low post scoring (sorry if I was ambiguous). I don't like GOAT lists either.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Oh I meant top 5 in terms of low post scoring (sorry if I was ambiguous). I don't like GOAT lists either.
    In all honesty I don't know, because I haven't duly evaluated every dominant low post player with a keen eye, I just conclude from my own observations of wilt and Hakeem's film that I've seen thus far that wilt looks like he had more free reign deep in the key than Hakeem did due to his size and strength

Wilt played in a weak era doe.

If you think Wilt would be nearly as effective playing when Hakeem played, you're out of your mind.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    This. Stop comparing Wilt to successful players, please.

Banned

its not his fault that he was born in the 30s and had to play in the weak era.

Quote Originally Posted by bmd
    If you think Wilt would be nearly as effective playing when Hakeem played, you're out of your mind.
    attempting to create your own sidebar discussion? You must not disagree with my OP, thanks

In all honesty I don't know, because I haven't duly evaluated every dominant low post player with a keen eye, I just conclude from my own observations of wilt and Hakeem's film that I've seen thus far that wilt looks like he had more free reign deep in the key than Hakeem did due to his size and strength
    That's fair IMO. I haven't watched enough of every dominant post player either. I'm trying to check out as much as possible, presently I'm watching as much prime Kareem as I can (while using PHILA's breakdown as a guide), trying to figure out exactly what he's doing.

From speaking with shaqattack on RealGM, it seems like there's a real chance Lanier was a truly dominant post player. I think Moses might have been as well, but every single mix is predominantly of plays of him finishing or scoring off the offensive boards. Reed was incredible too, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Railgun
    This. Stop comparing Wilt to successful players, please.
    Hakeem was less successful than wilt, in part because of what I stated in the OP

Hakeem was less successful than wilt, in part because of what I stated in the OP
    Boiled down

2 real rings > 2 weak era rings

Skillset wise i'd say Hakeem, McHale, Kareem and Duncan may be better, but effectiveness i'd say only Shaq compares to Wilt. Wilt pretty much scored exclusively in the low post.
    Last edited by Warfan; 04-13-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Boiled down

2 real rings > 2 weak era rings
    Boiled all those records into oblivion I see