Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Default Re: LAT: Blake Griffin gets Retribution over Hornets w/ Flagrant Foul on Trevor Ariza

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I saw Powe approach Blake and Blake do nothing about it but stand there and try to act tough. I am not talking about basketball at all, so his dunk is irrelevant right now.
    what better way to retaliate than avoid throwing punches, then throw it down hard on the next play? I think it's smart: channel your anger into the remainder of the game and PUNISH them.

That's my personal strategy when guys talk smack. I barely say a word. I only respond quietly, "you are not going to score for the rest of the game," and then I go into lockdown mode and make sure they don't.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: LAT: Blake Griffin gets Retribution over Hornets w/ Flagrant Foul on Trevor Ariza

I'm willing to bet in a couple years Griffin is labeled as "dirty" because he starts regularly delivering hard fouls. But if he doesn't respond... he's called "bitch".

NUGGETS ALL THE WAY Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar

Hes called a bitch because he flops like he is a 5'8 160 lbs guard. Shit Iverson never flopped despite his size. So yeah, Blake is a BITCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
    Hes called a bitch because he flops like he is a 5'8 160 lbs guard. Shit Iverson never flopped despite his size. So yeah, Blake is a BITCH.
    Iverson was reffed accordingly. He was obviously so small that when he got hit... it was obvious. Griffin gets butchered in the paint without getting calls he deserves... which is why this season flopping is a bigger part of his game. I don't like it.... but I prefer it over him getting cuts, bloody noses, bruises and tweaked limbs every game without getting the call. Make the other team pay.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    what better way to retaliate than avoid throwing punches, then throw it down hard on the next play? I think it's smart: channel your anger into the remainder of the game and PUNISH them.

That's my personal strategy when guys talk smack. I barely say a word. I only respond quietly, "you are not going to score for the rest of the game," and then I go into lockdown mode and make sure they don't.
    But Blake didn't do that. He retaliated by flagrantly fouling Trevor Ariza, who is half his size and was not the one that hit him last time.

Bitch move by a bitch player.

But Blake didn't do that. He retaliated by flagrantly fouling Trevor Ariza, who is half his size and was not the one that hit him last time.

You've become GOBB 2.0. Congrats. Argue just for the sake of arguing.... and you reek of negativity.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You've become GOBB 2.0. Congrats. Argue just for the sake of arguing.... and you reek of negativity.
    As if that's not what you are doing?

this might be a reach, but for a minute think of basketball like the Revolutionary War. After all, sports are sort of a modern warfare-- players are soldiers, head coaches are Lieutenants, General Managers are the... generals.... owners are Kings/Presidents etc.

anyway, say a redcoat shoots you in the arm-- you now are angry and have an instinctive need to retaliate. Are you going to aim only at the man who shot you, or are you going to unleash the fury on any redcoat you can shoot?

Personally, I'd just be like "f*** all you redcoats." <<--- for a visual understanding, watch Mel Gibson 'hatchet scene' from The Patriot.
    Last edited by FindingTim; 03-27-2012 at 03:14 PM.

As if that's not what you are doing?

This is a player on my team that I have more pro viewing experience of than pretty much anybody on the board along with maybe 2 or 3 Clippers fans. I have more insight obviously than you do. It would be like me calling Carmelo a coward based on watching him let's say 5 times this year and seeing a couple conflicts. It's just not logical.

So unless you're telling me you've watched every single game like I have since he got drafted (besides the one I mentioned).... You don't have a leg to stand on. Watching these clips on Youtube doesn't show you what led up to it etc.

Griffin is being painted as something he clearly isn't and that's what I take exception to.

you're name is Sarcastic for peets sake- that just screams "cynical ass who gets off to arguing"

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    you're name is Sarcastic for peets sake- that just screams "cynical ass who gets off to arguing"

This is a player on my team that I have more pro viewing experience of than pretty much anybody on the board along with maybe 2 or 3 Clippers fans. I have more insight obviously than you do. It would be like me calling Carmelo a coward based on watching him let's say 5 times this year and seeing a couple conflicts. It's just not logical.

So unless you're telling me you've watched every single game like I have since he got drafted (besides the one I mentioned).... You don't have a leg to stand on. Watching these clips on Youtube doesn't show you what led up to it etc.

Griffin is being painted as something he clearly isn't and that's what I take exception to.
    You do realize you're perpetuating ISH's disdain towards Blake by continuing to shove it down people's throat, right?

Carmelo is a coward.

LMAO buddy. They touched foreheads WTF do you mean nowhere close?
    I'm talking about the reason Blake got mad and got in his face in the first place. He was just upset he traveled and lost the ball and didn't get a call by acting all dramatic. Powe didn't come close to fouling him. I know they got in each others faces after that.