Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Default Who should the Utah Jazz get in the offseason?

If anyone has a better list of this years free agent class, please post.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12

Who do you guys think we could/should get in the off season, or should we resign Andrei? If Andrei leaves, we have a gap at the SF position, there's quite a few solid SF's out there that could be a good replacement for AK-47, any other positions you think we should fill (like the SG position maybe). CJ Miles is actually a free agent this year, but it's a team option, so I'm thinking we'll keep him.

Personally I think we should maybe try going after Tayshaun Prince, or even Caron Butler, even though he is injured.

Default Re: Who should the Utah Jazz get in the offseason?

There was an article over at the Bleacher Report about this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...ah%20jazz%2010

I like the idea of bringing over Ante Tomic, however I don't know the details of his current contract, or if he even wants to move. Shane Battier is another guy who'd make sense, but I don't know if he wants to leave Houston (Or if they want to resign him).

Honestly though, I don't like the idea of adding early 30's guys like Caron Butler or Jason Richardson to the team. They're going to be going for their last contracts so they'll be holding out for the $ and I don't think they're good enough to keep Deron happy. You'll end up with a situation like Denver has where they'll lose Carmelo, but be stuck with mediocre talents on decent $ deals like Al Harrington and Chris Anderson for another 3-4 years, when you'll be trying to shed salary so you can rebuild.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    There was an article over at the Bleacher Report about this

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...ah%20jazz%2010

I like the idea of bringing over Ante Tomic, however I don't know the details of his current contract, or if he even wants to move. Shane Battier is another guy who'd make sense, but I don't know if he wants to leave Houston (Or if they want to resign him).

Honestly though, I don't like the idea of adding early 30's guys like Caron Butler or Jason Richardson to the team. They're going to be going for their last contracts so they'll be holding out for the $ and I don't think they're good enough to keep Deron happy. You'll end up with a situation like Denver has where they'll lose Carmelo, but be stuck with mediocre talents on decent $ deals like Al Harrington and Chris Anderson for another 3-4 years, when you'll be trying to shed salary so you can rebuild.
    Holy shit! He's 7'2? Couldn't really tell from that video.

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    Holy shit! He's 7'2? Couldn't really tell from that video.
    Yep, he looks smaller in the vid. But it's not the best quality either.

Just read on Wikipedia he signed a 3 1/2 year deal with Real Madrid last year. So I guess that rules him out.

Banned

I wonder who's more valuable to the Grizzlies, Randolph or Marc Gasol. If they choose Randolph over Gasol, I wouldn't mind seeing Gasol as our starting center so we can move Jefferson to the PF spot.

I'm not sure what the Grizzlies salary cap situation is though.
    Last edited by DeronMillsap; 02-07-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    I wonder who's more valuable to the Grizzlies, Randolph or Marc Gasol. If they choose Randolph over Gasol, I wouldn't mind seeing as our starting center so we can move Jefferson to the PF spot.

I'm not sure what the Grizzlies salary cap situation is though.
    They just gave Gay and Conley extensions and Randolph is a FA next year. Their owner can be cheap at times, I'd say he'd resign one, but not both. Gasol is restricted however, so Grizzlies may match if he accepts a decent deal from another team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    They just gave Gay and Conley extensions and Randolph is a FA next year. Their owner can be cheap at times, I'd say he'd resign one, but not both. Gasol is restricted however, so Grizzlies may match if he accepts a decent deal from another team.
    Unless Gasol gets overpaid by another team, I assume they'll resign him. I think he'd be more important to them than Randolph.

Plus, they have Arthur. He's good off the bench and even had played well when Randolph was injured. Not as good as Z-bo though.

Saw a basketball once

get a 3-point shooter please

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Who do you guys think we could/should get in the off season, or should we resign Andrei? If Andrei leaves, we have a gap at the SF position, there's quite a few solid SF's out there that could be a good replacement for AK-47, any other positions you think we should fill (like the SG position maybe). CJ Miles is actually a free agent this year, but it's a team option, so I'm thinking we'll keep him.

Personally I think we should maybe try going after Tayshaun Prince, or even Caron Butler, even though he is injured.
    First, you have to remember unless the Jazz can offer a better deal most players won't play for them. Maybe a few more now that the old man finally hung them up!!! Prince and Butler will go for the money or for a ring which isn't Utah.

Andrei wants to be in Utah so if the price is right you have to look at keeping him. Let's see if they keep him the rest of the month first though.

I like the idea of bringing over Ante Tomic, however I don't know the details of his current contract, or if he even wants to move.
    His buyout is like 5 million dollars this off-season and from what I saw in August/September he's not worth it. He didn't look as good as Koufos to me.

Shane Battier is another guy who'd make sense, but I don't know if he wants to leave Houston (Or if they want to resign him).
    Again why would he come to Utah over Boston or Miami or Dallas or SA unless they have the money which doesn't look likely?

I don't like the idea of adding early 30's guys like Caron Butler or Jason Richardson to the team. They're going to be going for their last contracts so they'll be holding out for the $ and I don't think they're good enough to keep Deron happy. You'll end up with a situation like Denver has where they'll lose Carmelo, but be stuck with mediocre talents on decent $ deals like Al Harrington and Chris Anderson for another 3-4 years, when you'll be trying to shed salary so you can rebuild.
    Again beggers can't be choosy In Utah you take what you can get on the FA market. Their best hope will be with Okur's expiring deal.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gasol as our starting center so we can move Jefferson to the PF spot.
    And that leaves their 2nd best player Millsap where? Dream on about Gasol. Kaman has to be available. Probably have to give up Millsap though unless you can find a taker for Okur and/or Jefferson(the dream scenario).

and even had played well when Randolph was injured
    And as the starter as a rookie before injury and Randolph.

Banned

I guess we can use this thread too for the 2011 Draft.
    http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

Nets pick is currently at top 6.

Nets pick will be falling in all likely hood and the Jazz‘s rising. Any great centers coming out in the next couple years? One thing they've never had. A great swingman would certainly be welcome too.

[quote]Kevin O'Connor: On needing to get something for Williams before he potentially left during free agency:

I'm sure every team in the league would love to have him and his contract.

As for the picks --- right now in our Mock Draft we have them getting Harrison Barnes and Kawhi Leonard. [COLOR=#0000ff]ESPN.com[/COLOR]
    PF's?
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 02-24-2011 at 08:53 PM.

Ya think? ROTLMAO!!!

East is probably better 1-5 maybe 6 now but west still deeper even with the Denver/Utah trades.