Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Golden State Aster*sks

Default $125 Million, 5 Years, Starter, 0 Rings vs $25 Million, 5 Years, 12th Man, 5 Rings

You have 5 years in the NBA.

Which one would you rather be?

The Ringless Superstar or The 12th Man GOAT?

Note: The Superstar with the $125 Million Contract won't have any Playoff Appearances.

It's either all about the money or all about the rings.

Choose wisely

$25 Million per year vs $5 Million per year
    Starter vs 12th Man
    No playoff appearances vs Winning the NBA Finals 5 straight years
    0 Rings vs 5 rings

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: $125 Million, 5 Years, Starter, 0 Rings vs $25 Million, 5 Years, 12th Man, 5 Rings

Quote Originally Posted by Taller than CP3
    You have 5 years in the NBA.

Which one would you rather be?

The Ringless Superstar or The 12th Man GOAT?

Note: The Superstar with the $125 Million Contract won't have any Playoff Appearances.

It's either all about the money or all about the rings.

Choose wisely

$25 Million per year vs $5 Million per year
    Starter vs 12th Man
    No playoff appearances vs Winning the NBA Finals 5 straight years
    0 Rings vs 5 rings
    Give me $25 mil per year lol. Not to mention countless endorsements since you are a superstar. I rather be HOF carmelo than Luc Walton.
    Last edited by Phantom84; 02-21-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Banned

Default Re: $125 Million, 5 Years, Starter, 0 Rings vs $25 Million, 5 Years, 12th Man, 5 Rings

Take the money and run.

Adam Morrison rings bring shame.

Golden State Aster*sks

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom84
    Give me $25 mil per year lol. Not to mention countless endorsements since you are a superstar. I rather be HOF carmelo than Luc Walton.
    What about the memories though.....going to the Finals 5 straight years, the long road it took to get there every year, the celebrations, the parties, the NBA parades,

Look at Melo now, he just seems so empty inside, so lonely, sure he's a Superstar but he can't even make the Playoffs. As a player, a competitor first and foremost, it has to eat you up inside. Looking back on your career, you have nothing to show for.

The loaded superstar. Easily.

25 million after taxes ain't shit. gimme the 125.

a better question would be 80 mil, 6th man and 5 rings or 250 mil, superstar with 0 rings.

in that scenario, I'd probably take the 80 mil and 5 rings.
    Last edited by buddha; 02-21-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    The loaded superstar. Easily.

This

Give me the loot

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

There is little pride in rings if you aren't the best player, or at the very least a starter....

Being a superstar with no rings > a scrub with rings.

And thats ignoring all that exra money you mentioned.

Who remembers the 12th man on a team?
    I'd rather be Carmelo Anthony and Joel Anthony.

If you don't take the money you're a ****ing idiot

are you serious...money trumps some silly rings...you end up broke and then selling thsoe silly rings just to stay afloat

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Taller than CP3
    What about the memories though.....going to the Finals 5 straight years, the long road it took to get there every year, the celebrations, the parties, the NBA parades,

Look at Melo now, he just seems so empty inside, so lonely, sure he's a Superstar but he can't even make the Playoffs. As a player, a competitor first and foremost, it has to eat you up inside. Looking back on your career, you have nothing to show for.
    I say no thanks to having memories of being a twelfth banana. And looking back on my career, my contribution wouldn't amount to much anyway since people would remember the star player on that team. You are comparing a ringless superstar to a bunch of bench warming scrubs with rings, and that shit is a no brainer to pick.

In this scenario, anyone who choose ring over the $ is straight up lying.

I am taking the dollar dollar bills y'all and sitting the bench. $5 million per is nice. I can be my own agent. I can get a few endorsement deals. I am cheap anyway. I am not buying 20 cars and 10 homes. I don't wear jewelry or go out. I would be the next Junior Bridgeman (Former Bucks player now multiple business owner..I think he owns 15-20 Wendy's, 2-4 car dealerships, and a host of over business investments).

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    I am taking the dollar dollar bills y'all and sitting the bench. $5 million per is nice. I can be my own agent. I can get a few endorsement deals. I am cheap anyway. I am not buying 20 cars and 10 homes. I don't wear jewelry or go out. I would be the next Junior Bridgeman (Former Bucks player now multiple business owner..I think he owns 15-20 Wendy's, 2-4 car dealerships, and a host of over business investments).
    Junior Bridgeman wasn't a 12th man, he peaked at 18/4/3. Those are Reggie Miller's career numbers.

A 12th man isn't getting any endorsements.