Default How's the Raptors ring an asterisk, when they def. the Bucks (#1 record in the NBA)?

En route to a championship

They also defeated the best starting 5 in the east and second in all basketball (they said)

Default Re: How's the Raptors ring an asterisk, when they def. the Bucks (#1 record in the NBA)?

there's no asterisk.

take cheat code kd out the picture, they were clearly the better team. shit all over the lineup that swept the wcf and with boogie added.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Default Re: How's the Raptors ring an asterisk, when they def. the Bucks (#1 record in the NBA)?

Only healthy players they went against in the finals was Cook, Green, Livingston and Mckinnie.

Asterisk ring but just enjoy it anyway.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I can see how all the talk would bug you but it

The Bucks were a regular season team.

Warriors with KD equals championship. Sorry, it's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    The Bucks were a regular season team.

Warriors with KD equals championship. Sorry, it's just the way it is.
    With KD they got more talent than the entire NBA. They did not draft the man they stole him from a team Everything they have won since he got there should tarnished too.

Without KD it makes things interesting.

there is no such thing as an asterisk title

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I can see how all the talk would bug you but it’s to be expected. There is virtually no comparable situation. [COLOR="Navy"]Nobody loses a best player....and another hall of famer....with their center coming off a torn quad[/COLOR]. You can’t make it out of that without people being majorly let down and spiteful it wasn’t a legit matchup.

That said you can take comfort in that once the anger/dismissal cools and time passes it’s just another title. The banner will still hang. The rings will get passed out.

When the series comes up it’s gonna get mentioned until this whole era of fans get old but it’s just that.

Fan talk. There are no asterisks really....but you can’t make people be impressed. Sucks for raptor fans I’m sure but the parade still goes down so **** it right?
    Lebron gets credit for beating them without durant, boogie, and missing Dray for 1 game just like Klay

(Durant's 1 quarter in Game 5 offset the 1 missed quarter from Klay in Game 6, so Klay only missed 1 game, just like Dray in 2016.)

Furthermore, these Warriors are better because Klay is a way better player now - 19 on 43% in the 2016 Finals (35% threes), versus 26 on 55% in 2019 (59% threes... wowsers).. Then there's Curry, who was hurt with 22 on 43% in 2016, versus 31 on 42% this year -

Ultimately, it's an indictment on curry/klay/dray that they're 0-3 in the Finals without KD, if not for the Cavs' injuries in 2015.. this means they aren't championship-caliber - they literally have zero rings without KD, if not for the 15' injuries

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

There is no “without” when the player isn’t on the teams.

You don’t say the 79 Lakers were without Magic when they lost to the sonics(I think Sonics). Magic was not a laker.

What Durant was doing in Oklahoma at the time is rightfully not factored into a series he could have no involvement in healthy or not.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

History will show Rap's beat the Warriors(.)

No one will even look to see if KD played x amount of minutes..