Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Now that the dynasty is over, where would you rank the Warriors all-time as a team?

I believe they are the only team to win 67+ games in 3 consecutive seasons.

As far as talent goes, we never saw a team that matches the Warriors, they didn't have the longevity of the 80's Lakers or 90's Bulls, but at their best they probably beat both teams in a 7 game series. I'd take the 2017 Warriors over any team in history for that matter. 3 titles in 5 years with 5 finals appearances isn't bad at all, they won the same amount of titles as Bird's Celtics in a lesser amount of time.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Now that the dynasty is over, where would you rank the Warriors all-time as a team?

KD-Warriors?

GOAT Team. At least the '17 version.

KD-less Warriors?

Would honestly be in danger of being an infamous perennial 2nd place loser, title-less.

Of course still better than whatever team KD would be in though. So in no way saying KD > Curry.

Default Re: Now that the dynasty is over, where would you rank the Warriors all-time as a team?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I believe they are the only team to win 67+ games in 3 consecutive seasons.

As far as talent goes, we never saw a team that matches the Warriors, they didn't have the longevity of the 80's Lakers or 90's Bulls, but at their best they probably beat both teams in a 7 game series. I'd take the 2017 Warriors over any team in history for that matter. 3 titles in 5 years with 5 finals appearances isn't bad at all, they won the same amount of titles as Bird's Celtics in a lesser amount of time.

Thoughts?
    Pretty spot on

Bulls are out by default because they can't shoot and the league requires more skill nowadays

I guess we're just talking about the '17-18 Warriors? Because there was nothing special about them before KD joined, moreso a disappointment than anything after losing in 2016.

Super loaded team but they faced pretty poor competition. If the Rockets were a CP3 injury away from beating them, they'd be fodder for those Lakers/Celtics/Bulls dynasties. Hell, Kobe and Shaq would probably shit on them.

Think you're overrating them hard. Also, let's not forget what Kawhi was doing to those 2017 Warriors before he went down.

I know every team benefits from injuries in one way or another, but these Warriors have taken it to a whole other level.
    Last edited by Doranku; 06-14-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Not high on the KD-less Warriors.

They're a good championship team. Just not the caliber of those Bulls, Celtic and Laker teams imo.

KD's Warriors? Right there with any team in history. Specifically the 2017 iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    I guess we're just talking about the '17-18 Warriors? Because there was nothing special about them before KD joined, moreso a disappointment than anything after losing in 2016.

Super loaded team but they faced pretty poor competition. If the Rockets were a CP3 injury away from beating them, they'd be fodder for those Lakers/Celtics/Bulls dynasties. Hell, Kobe and Shaq would probably shit on them.

Think you're overrating them hard.

Jezuz, youre just adding to it after your gem of "no player could have this toronto team where it is in place of kawhi"

The 2018 Rockets are an historically great team.

They 4-1'ed Minny and Utah B2B

65-win team, 8.21 SRS. Historically great as it is, Paul missed 24 games, in which Houston went 15-9 (63%). That means a complete Houston Rockets team as was the one of the post-season went 50-8 (86%) which is a 71-win pace, and would register as 3rd greatest record in NBA history.

Over the last 3 years, besides an errant Lou Williams GOATing, the only team to win more than 1 game against KD-GSW.

The 2018 Rockets have the highest adjusted offensive rating in NBA history (!!)

Please, learn, and be more appreciative/respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

Jezuz, youre just adding to it after your gem of "no player could have this toronto team where it is in place of kawhi"

The 2018 Rockets are an historically great team.

They 4-1'ed Minny and Utah B2B

65-win team, 8.21 SRS. Historically great as it is, Paul missed 24 games, in which Houston went 15-9 (63%). That means a complete Houston Rockets team as was the one of the post-season went 50-8 (86%) which is a 71-win pace, and would register as 3rd greatest record in NBA history.

Over the last 3 years, besides an errant Lou Williams GOATing, the only team to win more than 1 game against KD-GSW.

The 2018 Rockets have the highest adjusted offensive rating in NBA history (!!)

Please, learn, and be more appreciative/respectful.
    4-1'd Minny and Utah? Are you kidding me? I'm supposed to be impressed that they beat KAT/Wiggins, and Rudy Gobert in 5 games each? Not even going to bother the read the rest of your garbage.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Think you're overrating them hard.
    I mean, they did win 67 games and 73 games without KD, and beat a championship caliber team in OKC in the '16 WCF. Those 15-16 Warriors win a title if you put them in the league in say 2005-2011. With KD, it was pretty much a cheat code.

Hold up, didn't 2016 Warriors win 73 games and beat KD/Russ/Adams/Ibaka

Don't get it twisted, that was their deepest best version of the GSW.

4-1'd Minny and Utah? Are you kidding me? I'm supposed to be impressed that they beat KAT/Wiggins, and Rudy Gobert in 5 games each? Not even going to bother the read the rest of your garbage.
    You are indeed better off ignoring it.

Wouldnt wanna get our pride in the way of owning up to stupidity.

Utah is the 3rd best team in the West, dummie.

KAT/Wiggins?

They also had Butler, with who'm they had a top 4 seed pre-injury; you massive mouth breathing retard.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    Hold up, didn't 2016 Warriors win 73 games and beat KD/Russ/Adams/Ibaka

Don't get it twisted, that was their deepest best version of the GSW.
    so what changed between the 2016 and 2017 finals?

You are indeed better off ignoring it.

Wouldnt wanna get our pride in the way of owning up to stupidity.

Utah is the 3rd best team in the West, dummie.

KAT/Wiggins?

They also had Butler, with who'm they had a top 4 seed pre-injury; you massive mouth breathing retard.
    Sorry, you aren't gonna convince me that a James Harden and Chris Paul led team were historically great. I couldn't care less how well the team played in the regular season. You know what you're getting from those guys in the playoffs, and it's anything but historically great.

Sorry, you aren't gonna convince me that a James Harden and Chris Paul led team were historically great. I couldn't care less how well the team played in the regular season. You know what you're getting from those guys in the playoffs, and it's anything but historically great.
    2017:
    Warriors 4-0 vs Blazers
    Warriors 4-0 vs Jazz
    Warriors 4-0 vs Spurs
    Warriors 4-1 vs Cavaliers

2018:
    Warriors 4-1 vs Spurs
    Warriors 4-1 vs Pelicans
    Warriors 4-3 vs Rockets, 2-3 before Paul exit
    Warriors 4-0 vs Cavaliers

yeah, they were absolute failures, regular season warriors.

Log off, you utter moron.

Teams dont fluke an 8+ SRS or 65+ wins. Stay ignorant.

College superstar

these mofo really think that Houston team from last yr was one of the great of all time............... ISH...........

2017:
    Warriors 4-0 vs Blazers
    Warriors 4-0 vs Jazz
    Warriors 4-0 vs Spurs
    Warriors 4-1 vs Cavaliers

2018:
    Warriors 4-1 vs Spurs
    Warriors 4-1 vs Pelicans
    Warriors 4-3 vs Rockets, 2-3 before Paul exit
    Warriors 4-0 vs Cavaliers

yeah, they were absolute failures, regular season warriors.

Log off, you utter moron.

Teams dont fluke an 8+ SRS or 65+ wins. Stay ignorant.
    Why'd you stop?

2019:
    Warriors 4-2 Lou Williams

Crazy how the historically great, juggernaut Rockets only managed to win one more game than Lou Williams.

BTW, the Bucks had an 8+ SRS this year and 60 wins. Can you believe Kawhi defeated that historically great team in 6 without HCA, then proceeded to beat the Warriors team that you keep sucking off in this thread?

Thank you for this arbitrary indicator of historical greatness. This solidifies my argument that Kawhi's '19 run > Bron's '12 and '13 runs.