Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Default Re: I guarantee the grizzlies win the championship

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Just spit my drink out laughing. Grizzlies beating the Heat? Hahahahaha, that's a good one. A team whose best player is Marc Gasol beating a top 3 team in NBA history led by LeBron James...

Heat would stomp the Grizzlies.
    yea i know grizzlies beating tha knicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    See here is the thing the Bulls and Pacers are very similar to Memphis in how they are built. If the Heat play and beat Pacers they will be ready to handle and deal with Memphis as the Pacers are Memphis East basically. Heat beat them in 5 or 6 assuming Wade can actually contribute.
    if tha heat play tha knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    One thing that would be interesting about the Memphis/Miami series would be you can't play small ball against them - in other words Battier or Bron can't play the 4 - ZBo is too good down low and too good on the offensive boards.

Tony Allen will have as good a shot as anyone in the NBA of forcing Bron into tough shots as well.

Interesting series due to matchups.
    OKC's best offensive stretches in this series have come when they had their smallball lineup in the game. They didn't get a stop every time, but they've made more runs and have played their best ball of the series with Durant at PF and Ibaka or Collison at C.

OKC's basically a slightly worse version of the Heat. Limited inside game with a stretch PF; an elite do-it-all wing; and a slashing/scoring guard. Obviously OKC doesn't have their Dwyane Wade, but they're still taking the Grizzlies to the limit. I'm thinking OKC wins this series in 5 with Westbrook, so I' inclined to believe Miami would do the same or sweep them

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by alleykat
    Ill bet u 200 u won't make that bet forreal
    If you do this, and he pays his initial bet, you've effectively paid it for him. If he wins, he's 400$ richer. The OP should take this bet.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Just spit my drink out laughing. Grizzlies beating the Heat? Hahahahaha, that's a good one. A team whose best player is Marc Gasol beating a top 3 team in NBA history led by LeBron James...

Heat would stomp the Grizzlies.
    This post would have applied to Dallas too.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    One thing that would be interesting about the Memphis/Miami series would be you can't play small ball against them - in other words Battier or Bron can't play the 4 - ZBo is too good down low and too good on the offensive boards.

Tony Allen will have as good a shot as anyone in the NBA of forcing Bron into tough shots as well.

Interesting series due to matchups.
    Playing Bron or Battier at the 4 creates a mismatch on both sides. Randolph cannot play defense on either of those two on the perimeter. Randolph would just get double teamed as soon as he touched the ball.

The heat and grizzlies would be a great match up if they meet in the finals. But guaranteeing a memphis finals victory is pretty stupid. Probably just trolling for attention.

So are people actually watching this series, and coming away impressed by the Grizzlies? Everyone is aware that OKC doesn't have Westbrook, has had Ibaka play like shit 3 of the 4 games, and allows Kendrick Perkins to actually put on a uniform and step on the floor for....right?

And despite all that, every single game has gone to the wire.
    Have you been watching this series? Memphis does not try to put up 120 points. They like to play a slow pace and grind it out. The score is going to be lower and closer . Hence why the thunder are averaging about 15 points less a game against memphis. What matters is the win. You point out all of these things okc is sucking at.... Are the grizzlies playing the best they possibly can? Prince is sucking on offense, Arthur is sucking on both sides of the court, and Bayless has been streaky. There have been games this series where statistically yall are beating us at almost every category. But we find ways to win. Im sorry your team is down 3-1, but dont take anything away from the grizzlies. We beat you guys 2-1 during the regular season with westbrook with your only win being the 1st game after the gay trade where we only had like 8 players dressed out , none of the players we traded or traded for.

I think they can make the Finals, but I just can't see them scoring enough to beat the Heat unless they absolutely lock Miami down.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

The Heat likely goes with the same line up they do every time they play a team with two bigs.

Bosh / Birdman
    Battier
    LeBron
    Wade / Allen
    Chalmers / Cole

Somebody at PF is going to play defense out of their comfort zone by having to stick Battier or LeBron. Neither Z-Bo nor Gasol are going to want to camp out on the outside. OKC has tried doing this a few times with Durant at the 4, but that gives Memphis too much of an advantage on the boards.

Miami has done a good job against the Bulls thus far of not letting the size advantage get out of control.

tha pacers and heat will not go to tha finals, so its gonna be knicks vs grizzzlies or knicks vs spurs or knicks vs warriors, those are tha possible matchups.

I agree with the Grizzlies not being able to score enough. That's my biggest concern/problem after watching them this series. They're just not able to create any kind of consistent separation and hold on it against a team without a 23 PPG scorer. I think they'd give the Heat some tight games, but wouldn't have enough offense in the end.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by willds09
    tha pacers and heat will not go to tha finals, so its gonna be knicks vs grizzzlies or knicks vs spurs or knicks vs warriors, those are tha possible matchups.
    delusional knick fan i feel sorry for you

knicks aint gon SNIFF the nba finals, J.R Smith will make sure of that

Grizz in 6 NBA CHAMPIONS

Quote Originally Posted by doinitbig06

delusional knick fan i feel sorry for you

knicks aint gon SNIFF the nba finals, J.R Smith will make sure of that

Grizz in 6 NBA CHAMPIONS
    knicks in 6 to whoever. J.R Smith will come back to tha 6th man of tha year that he iz too, watch.

5-time NBA All-Star

Grizz will use their height and will pound hard. The rebound discrepancy will be huge. Unless Miami sweeps Knicks/Indiana it seems like Wade's knees will greatly hinder him. Lebron has shown some signs of not being super efficient and sometimes seems aggravated that he can't penetrate (this can change next series tho). Miami isn't playing the same ball that put them on the winning streak now.

Cons
    The Heat possibly could have gone thru two great defenses to get to Memphis and just might go crazy (not that Memphis isn't good defensively). Chicago and Indiana (the Knicks aren't) are good preparation for Miami. They are pounding teams and Indiana is taller. Prince has had problems with Lebron before. Zbo and Gasol are very good defensively but Bosh, Haslem and Batt are very elusive. Z and G play in a position that is easiest to double as well.

I think the Heat are too fast, experienced and too good at every position offensively to lose. Zbo or Gasol will need at least a couple of 30 point games between them which I don't see happening. Bosh is likely to cancel out one of them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Miami would sweep this team, tbh.