Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Sonics will move to OKC for 2008-09 season. Sonics name stays with Seattle

why did schultz sell the team? why did he sell to a group that had been loudly proclaiming their desire to bring a team to okc for over a year? how could such a savvy businessman such as schultz be totally hoodwinked as he now claims? does this add up? i certainly would not expect you people to hold a parade for bennett on his way out of town but if you are honest with yourselves you can clearly see who the REAL villians are here.

Banned

Default Re: Breaking News: R.I.P Sonics

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    This is going to change pro sports forever. Mark my words. All these teams not selling out games but are winning and can't get out of their lease with their city will now buy out the lease, go to court and point to this and will win the case. Next up, Tampa Bay Rays.

one2
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Sonics will move to OKC for 2008-09 season. Sonics name stays with Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by hippieslapper
    why did schultz sell the team? why did he sell to a group that had been loudly proclaiming their desire to bring a team to okc for over a year? how could such a savvy businessman such as schultz be totally hoodwinked as he now claims? does this add up? i certainly would not expect you people to hold a parade for bennett on his way out of town but if you are honest with yourselves you can clearly see who the REAL villians are here.
    He wanted to immediately relieve himself from having to purchase a new stadium so he sold to a willing buyer. He actually gained an 30mil from selling the team.

Him suing bennett was a no win lawsuit. He did it to save his brand (his reputation and his company starbucks)

Saw a basketball once

thats my sonics collection.. i hope we became a new team
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/48280772@N04/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brdforce1
    thats my sonics collection.. i hope we became a new team
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/48280772@N04/
    Nice collection.

Saw a basketball once

Seattle definitely needs a new team. They deserve one.

Of course, I see it as part of an expansion plan which would see the NBA go to 36 teams, 6 per division.

Other potential expansion areas:

Atlantic: Pittsburgh
    Southeast: Tampa Bay
    Northwest: Alberta (Calgary/Edmonton)
    Northwest: Vancouver
    Pacific: San Diego

Seattle would also be in the Northwest Division. Oklahoma City would move to the Southwest Division, and Minnesota to the Central Division.