Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Princess Dante "Diva" Exum already complaining.

Trade him to the cs

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    I'm not completely sold on him, but from what I've seen of him, I think he has a real high upside. His first step is very explosive, and he has a pretty good feel for the game. His flaws are fixable with further development. He's only 19.
    Sure he's pretty fast but lots of guys have been fast. His decision making is average at best and his shooting is abysmal. I know it's summer league but he didn't show a lot of promise to me. Certainly nothing worthy of being a top 10 pick. Neither did Gordon. Exum shot 31,17 and 64. His FT shooting is awful. 2.8 assists to 3.0 turnovers. He is not good if he doesn't have the ball in his hands. The game that he started at PG in summer league (he was playing SG most games), he wasn't any better. I mean Rubio is a better than average defender and an excellent passer but he sucks. I mean, he's just not that good because he can't shoot. Well Exum may be quick but he can't shoot and isn't a great passer. He's not the worst passer but he's no natural PG. He's an SG who can pass a little and needs the ball in his hands. He's also weak. I think all the people who drank the Exum kool aid are in for a rude awakening this year.

shhhhhhh

Jameer I could understand your changing attitude on Exum had he forced his way to Utah but he didn't...

Your hating on a player strictly because he was drafted before your team had a chance to draft him is just plain goofy... Finding his comments and twisting them to fit some childish agenda is even goofier

The Cavs bumped your team out of a top draft spot, the Jazz picked him up, none of these things were in Exum's control

Get over it

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Sure he's pretty fast but lots of guys have been fast. His decision making is average at best and his shooting is abysmal.
    So was Russel Westbrook's his first couple years in the league. No question he's a project, but you've got to give a kid a chance to develop. He's nineteen. Judge him three years from now.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    So was Russel Westbrook's his first couple years in the league. No question he's a project, but you've got to give a kid a chance to develop. He's nineteen. Judge him three years from now.
    Sure but westbrook is one of the fastest guards I've ever seen play and he's an athletic freak. I don't care how fast anyone says Exum is, he's not in Westbrook's league. The board was flush with people saying Exum was going to beast this year and all kinda shit like that. I hope he does, believe me the NBA needs more talent but these people based that on pure hype. There weren't many moments from him in summer league that made you think he was going to be good. Take McDermott for instance, that was a guy who surprised me and made me think that he may be better than I thought he would be. Exum and Gordon made me think otherwise that's what I'm saying. It's going to be a long haul for Exum and if anyone thinks he can start at PG this year in the NBA, they need their heads examined.

NBA Comparison: Kobe, Exum can play SG.

Doesn't sound like his career at SG is getting off to a nice start eh?

Thank you Hinkie for Embiid.

I'm not sure Burke and Exum will work out. Exum looked lost in SL trying to play off the ball... and Burke looked amazing at point.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Sure he's pretty fast but lots of guys have been fast. His decision making is average at best and his shooting is abysmal. I know it's summer league but he didn't show a lot of promise to me. Certainly nothing worthy of being a top 10 pick. Neither did Gordon. Exum shot 31,17 and 64. His FT shooting is awful. 2.8 assists to 3.0 turnovers. He is not good if he doesn't have the ball in his hands. The game that he started at PG in summer league (he was playing SG most games), he wasn't any better. I mean Rubio is a better than average defender and an excellent passer but he sucks. I mean, he's just not that good because he can't shoot. Well Exum may be quick but he can't shoot and isn't a great passer. He's not the worst passer but he's no natural PG. He's an SG who can pass a little and needs the ball in his hands. He's also weak. I think all the people who drank the Exum kool aid are in for a rude awakening this year.
    He's 19 and if he as a shitty first year, it really means nothing. Don't give up so easily.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Jameer I could understand your changing attitude on Exum had he forced his way to Utah but he didn't...

Your hating on a player strictly because he was drafted before your team had a chance to draft him is just plain goofy... Finding his comments and twisting them to fit some childish agenda is even goofier

The Cavs bumped your team out of a top draft spot, the Jazz picked him up, none of these things were in Exum's control

Get over it
    Wrong, Orlando passed on him, making it even worse.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Take it easy on Jameer. He's obviously still emotional about the draft.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by hangintheair
    Exum>>> Gordon> Payton
    A combo of Gordon and Payton will be better than Exum. I sensed Exum's ego during the draft process and from the his gameplay he doesnt even seem to be that good of a prospect. He still dribbles with only one hand

Payton on the other hand look really good in summer league. And Gordon has the tools to be effective in the future. A Kwahi type of player.

I think this is what you guys call living "rent-free" in someone's head, in this case, Exum and Jameer

Banned

His personality to me reeks of Dwight Howard....I hope for his sake that I'm wrong.

Banned

Exum and Gordon are both riding the same boat together. People will call them busts during their rookies years but they will eventually put it together. They are both very young but both haven't developed their games yet. Exums further along right now than Gordon is though. Hennigan's idea on passing on Exum was because he was happy with Payton later on. Payton's shown more than Exum has so far (yeah it's only summer league) it's just Gordon who's been the let down but he's a long term project. I would feel safer if we'd taken Rangle/Vonleh with the fourth but I'll try to stay optimistic and hope Gordon develops into a good piece one day.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    Wrong, Orlando passed on him, making it even worse.
    oh duh... my mistake...

shit what the fu*k are you thinking Jameer? Stop acting like an asshole