Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Would "Mr. Clutch" AKA "The Logo" AKA Jerry West be a top 3 PG today?

People seem to think that any player before the 80s just sucks and is a product of a weak era. So how about the Logo?

Current top 3 not in order:

Curry
    CP3
    Westbrook

If not top 3, is he top 5? Top 10? Can't even make the D League?
    Last edited by oarabbus; 04-17-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Default Re: Would "Mr. Clutch" AKA "The Logo" AKA Jerry West be a top 3 PG today?

He would be a SG not a PG, and he would be the clear cut best SG in the league and it wouldn't even be close

NBA Legend

Default Re: Would "Mr. Clutch" AKA "The Logo" AKA Jerry West be a top 3 PG today?

He would absolutely be better than prime Kobe.

I'm not sure if he would be above Wade, Paul, and some others but there's definitely an argument.

Ginobili does just fine today and West >>>> Manu.

Love Live Life

Why people saying West would be the top player today but quick to say Wilt and Russel would be booty?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Why people saying West would be the top player today but quick to say Wilt and Russel would be booty?
    Exactly, thank you. This is why I was making the topic. West would be near prime Kobe/Wade level (which actually is very possible) but Bill Russell is no more than DeAndre Jordan? Something doesn't add up...

and for the record does anyone actually believe CP3 would be better than a prime Jerry West? GTFO if you actually think that

I certainly think he would be right at the top. I think West's game would translate great in the L today. They say he was really closer to 6'4 than his listed 6'2 height. West was arguably the greatest player of all time fundamentals wise on both sides of the ball. And was very athletic to boot. So imagine a better all around version of Steph Curry. That's what u would get in West. I think West would exploit the midrange area more than Steph and provide All NBA caliber defense in the process. At the SG, he would be right at the top as well with Kobe hurt. West and Harden would be the top SG's in the L at least for this year.

Great midrange shooter, excellent fundamentals, great defender..I think he would be around top 5-8 area in the league.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

He'd be the 3rd best player in the nba

Quote Originally Posted by ABfor3
    Great midrange shooter, excellent fundamentals, great defender..I think he would be around top 5-8 area in the league.
    Wait, you saying he would be a top 5-8 player in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Wait, you saying he would be a top 5-8 player in the league?
    Yes but my only problem is if he can go left ..his pullup jumpers were automatic and he was clutch as hell

Quote Originally Posted by ABfor3
    Yes but my only problem is if he can go left ..his pullup jumpers were automatic and he was clutch as hell
    I always found it interesting that only the current generation figured out that West couldn't go left, or dribble with his left hand.

The players of his era must sure have been dumb. He was putting up 46 ppg playoff series, and 39 ppg Finals in his era.

If only they would have had the benefit of the knowledge that this generation has...then they would have reduced West to a helpless bench-warmer.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

West is the 2nd best SG of all time in my book. Kobe and wade weren't as good as him.

High School Starter

No disrespect but pg handles are so much better now then back then so no

Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe
    No disrespect but pg handles are so much better now then back then so no
    lol you mean with all the palming/carrying/allowed to travel all over the place ? hell yeah