Made that high school varsity squad

Default Sacking Frank Vogel is a jerk move , like Bulls parting way with Thibodeau

same shit. Indiana wont make playoffs next year.

Default Re: Sacking Frank Vogel is a jerk move , like Bulls parting way with Thibodeau

Lakers should of waited

Vogel would bring PG no problem

Default Re: Sacking Frank Vogel is a jerk move , like Bulls parting way with Thibodeau

Thibodeau is a good coach, but hes not bringing you a chip anyway, not even an NBA finals appearance. The way he coaches the team, his team will be plagued with injuries after injuries. Wont be surprised if both Wiggins and Towns suffer season ending injuries at some point of next season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yankstar
    Lakers should of waited

Vogel would bring PG no problem
    PG wanted a new coach. He wants to come to LAL to be the next great Laker super star.

He wasn't sacked you idiot.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Thibodeau is a good coach, but hes not bringing you a chip anyway, not even an NBA finals appearance. The way he coaches the team, his team will be plagued with injuries after injuries. Wont be surprised if both Wiggins and Towns suffer season ending injuries at some point of next season.

Looks like you are rehearsing an ESPN article.

Seriously... Injuries happens all the time and there are no correlations that playing more minutes has anything to do with it. Maybe when you are old and brittle, I would consider resting players but even the mighty Spurs go through injuries while they play minimal minutes.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    He wasn't sacked you idiot.
    Might as well have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    Looks like you are rehearsing an ESPN article.

Seriously... Injuries happens all the time and there are no correlations that playing more minutes has anything to do with it. Maybe when you are old and brittle, I would consider resting players but even the mighty Spurs go through injuries while they play minimal minutes.
    Honestly it's a real pattern. It's not just a few guys. It seemed like almost every guy goes down in Chicago for a stretch every year under Thibs. Is there "proof" that there was a connection, no, it could conceivably have been a coincidence. The fact remains that there just was never a need to work these guys so hard in the East. There's a reason why I feel like very few teams were willing to sign Thibs, and IMO it didn't have to do with him wanting to take a year off.

Putting the amount of emphasis he did on regular season games, at times to the point of pushing guys past 40 MPG, demonstrates a real lack of understanding about what it takes to win titles in the NBA. It goes beyond guys technically getting injured and missing time, it's the gradual wear-down effect on top of that. It's too much. He is a great regular season coach, but I personally would not have signed over full control of basketball operations to a guy like him.

Maybe he'll do well (he certainly has the talent) now that he won't be in a multi-year power struggle with his front office, but I do think there is definite bust potential with the Wolves decision to give him that much power. They're absolutely the team I'm most interested in seeing next year.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    Honestly it's a real pattern. It's not just a few guys. It seemed like almost every guy goes down in Chicago for a stretch every year under Thibs.
    They arguably had more injuries this year without Thibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kerry
    They arguably had more injuries this year without Thibs.
    I'm not saying I agree with this counter-argument, but some might say they had been driven so hard into the ground with those extra few minutes a game all those years, and pushing his guys so hard, that maybe it was somewhat of a domino effect.

To me that's unfair because there's no way of knowing for sure, I just wish Thibs could implement the same defensive gritty style without over-doing it, at least once he's built a team that is a surefire playoff team. I can understand him doing it at the beginning of his tenure in Minny, but assuming he's able to turn all this talent into a good to great team, he can ease off the gas pedal a bit during what has essentially turned into an exhibition known as the NBA regular season. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

I'm also not sold that he is a championship-level offensive mind, but I guess that's nothing a couple good assistants can't help take care of.