Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Josh Howard admits he smokes Marijuana in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    look at Chris Andersen. and how long it took for the NBA to reinstate him.
    Crack cocaine is a much stronger drug than a plant.Chris Andersen smoked crack,he didnt smoke weed.

Dunking on everybody in the park KokeAyne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    look at Chris Andersen. and how long it took for the NBA to reinstate him.
    NBA has a different policy for weed and performance enhancing drugs than it does for other "drugs of abuse"

I always thought Anderson was on some methamphetamines or something. Anyways, smoking weed doesn't turn you into a ****ing raving lunatic. Turn off Reefer Madness for just one moment and think for yourself. (Has anyone that's criticizing Josh Howard actually smoked pot?)

Quote Originally Posted by KokeAyne
    NBA has a different policy for weed and performance enhancing drugs than it does for other "drugs of abuse"
    oh i completely forgot. i was thinking Roger Goodell for some reason today. probably because he was on the Dan Patrick Show earlier today.

Im pretty sure Birdman got caught for LSD...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    People rarely do stupid things when they're high off marijuana. Someone is 10x more likely to do something stupid when they're drunk, but alcohol isn't banned for anyone.

Kemp was a cokehead. I know he's gotten in trouble for weed before, but cocaine was his main problem.
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with people smoking weed - I don't really think there is. The point is, when you've gotten a franchise relying on you and paying you millions of dollars you don't make stupid decisions like this.

The fact is, smoking weed is against the law. If these guys get caught and prosecuted they're going to lose a TON of money - that's what makes it a dumb decision. Is it really worth getting high when you may end up voiding a contract worth millions as a result? That's why it's a stupid decision.

Why is...those things? TheGrassIsGreen's Avatar

It's just a little pot. No big deal.

Jaywalking is also against the law....doesn't mean your contract will be voided if you get caught doing it...do you think these players will do any jailtime if they're caught blazing a spliff? Stop over dramatizing ****...the only stupid decision here was admitting it for no reason

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    I always thought Anderson was on some methamphetamines or something. Anyways, smoking weed doesn't turn you into a ****ing raving lunatic. Turn off Reefer Madness for just one moment and think for yourself. (Has anyone that's criticizing Josh Howard actually smoked pot?)
    I never meant to imply that smoking weed turns you into a lunatic. All I'm trying to really get across here is that smoking weed for an NBA player is a downright stupid financial decision. It doesn't matter how small of a chance they have of getting caught - it's s till a risk that they're taking and it's not necessary. That risk can cost them millions of dollars.

And anyone here that HAS smoked weed can't seriously tell me that it doesn't impair your judgement just a little. If you're trying to tell me that then you're full of ****. I'm not saying it turns you into a nut or makes you lose all reasoning but it's like alcohol - it's going to make you more likely to do things you probably wouldn't do otherwise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by craiye
    I never meant to imply that smoking weed turns you into a lunatic. All I'm trying to really get across here is that smoking weed for an NBA player is a downright stupid financial decision. It doesn't matter how small of a chance they have of getting caught - it's s till a risk that they're taking and it's not necessary. That risk can cost them millions of dollars.

And anyone here that HAS smoked weed can't seriously tell me that it doesn't impair your judgement just a little. If you're trying to tell me that then you're full of ****. I'm not saying it turns you into a nut or makes you lose all reasoning but it's like alcohol - it's going to make you more likely to do things you probably wouldn't do otherwise.
    no it doesn't impair your judgement the way alcohol does.

Very good NBA starter

Anyone who says it doesn't is a straight up pot head, or someone who likes to argue for no reason.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by craiye
    I'm not saying there's anything wrong with people smoking weed - I don't really think there is. The point is, when you've gotten a franchise relying on you and paying you millions of dollars you don't make stupid decisions like this.

The fact is, smoking weed is against the law. If these guys get caught and prosecuted they're going to lose a TON of money - that's what makes it a dumb decision. Is it really worth getting high when you may end up voiding a contract worth millions as a result? That's why it's a stupid decision.
    you really sound like somebody who has no idea what their talking about.

if you don't smoke you really shouldn't be speculating so much. josh howard smokes in the offseason. quit *****ing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    Anyone who says it doesn't is a straight up pot head, or someone who likes to argue for no reason.
    it doesn't affect you like alcohol.

it makes your reaction time a bit slower and hazier unclear thoughts. but nowhere near the extent of alcohol.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfNature

There's no re-course but have players shorten the play - off run then to get on track on the off season and find some course to take.

_______ course (fill in the blank)

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    it doesn't affect you like alcohol.

it makes your reaction time a bit slower and hazier unclear thoughts. but nowhere near the extent of alcohol.

No body compared it to alcohol though. That's the defense of all pot heads "Alcohol is legal, it's sooooooooo much worse then weed!" No one is comparing the two, we are just saying that weed effects your judgement, no doubt about that, not to mention it ruins your physical shape.