Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by canadianballer
    ^^ what school?
    Norfolk Christian

http://virginiapreps.rivals.com/default.asp?type=4 - thats him on the front
    http://virginiapreps.rivals.com/view...=76034&sport=2

bump.

im really pumped for the season to start.

our first game is gonna be really tough.. if we win it will be a huge upset.
    even if they kill us it will be good for experience.

is anyone getting team shoes? were getting the hyperdunks.

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    bump.

im really pumped for the season to start.

our first game is gonna be really tough.. if we win it will be a huge upset.
    even if they kill us it will be good for experience.

is anyone getting team shoes? were getting the hyperdunks.
    nope no shoes... but im getting the hyperdunks! what school do you play at dwight 20 20?

Very good NBA starter

lol @ Cannonball's team having no try outs.

Here is my school situation:

My team is suiting up 12 people, taking 15 people to tryout and another 5 that are alternates. Our coach gave us a formal presentation before we started saying that he was changing our school and creating a "New era for basketball here". We are competing with the power houses this year but honestly, we will finish third in our division (Which means around 5th in the city).

Here is my situation:

I'm a 6"4-5 Small Forward (With shoes). I don't know what to tell you about my game, I was an elite slasher before because of my body, but I changed my game over the summer completely. I lost 20 pounds this summer, then put on 5 pounds of muscle and I'm now officially 178 (I should be 190) but I threw up/shat out weight from having the flu (Worst experience of my life)

Back to my game...I was known to power through people like a tank because I was over 200, I dropped that down and found a new explosiveness this summer, practiced my vertical even more, and realized that I had the ability to create an open shot through quickness now as appose to just catching shooting. I worked on my skills like this (In order)

1. Mentality
    2. Shooting
    3. Dribbling
    4. Defense

My whole thought process changed and I have a killer mentality now, I am going to crush my defender, feel no more sympathy and very often play dirty now. I would think my game relates to a Carmello, I am athletic but mainly powerful, quicker then you think and have a very good shot. I tried out with the flu still in me and I was still the best player so I feel good about this season.

Projections:

18 PPG, 5 RBG, 4 AST, 1.5 STL, .5 BLK, 1.5 3PM

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    lol @ Cannonball's team having no try outs.

Here is my school situation:

My team is suiting up 12 people, taking 15 people to tryout and another 5 that are alternates. Our coach gave us a formal presentation before we started saying that he was changing our school and creating a "New era for basketball here". We are competing with the power houses this year but honestly, we will finish third in our division (Which means around 5th in the city).

Here is my situation:

I'm a 6"4-5 Small Forward (With shoes). I don't know what to tell you about my game, I was an elite slasher before because of my body, but I changed my game over the summer completely. I lost 20 pounds this summer, then put on 5 pounds of muscle and I'm now officially 178 (I should be 190) but I threw up/shat out weight from having the flu (Worst experience of my life)

Back to my game...I was known to power through people like a tank because I was over 200, I dropped that down and found a new explosiveness this summer, practiced my vertical even more, and realized that I had the ability to create an open shot through quickness now as appose to just catching shooting. I worked on my skills like this (In order)

1. Mentality
    2. Shooting
    3. Dribbling
    4. Defense

My whole thought process changed and I have a killer mentality now, I am going to crush my defender, feel no more sympathy and very often play dirty now. I would think my game relates to a Carmello, I am athletic but mainly powerful, quicker then you think and have a very good shot. I tried out with the flu still in me and I was still the best player so I feel good about this season.

Projections:

18 PPG, 5 RBG, 4 AST, 1.5 STL, .5 BLK, 1.5 3PM
    are there any schools looking at you right now? i know you said that you're trying for a scholarship.

my individual goal is to average 12 pts 8 reb and a couple blocks a game but i dont know how realistic that is at this point cuz im just a sophomore. but im just gonna keep busting my ass and see what happens.

Banned

varsity meetings tuesday

Very good NBA starter

are there any schools looking at you right now? i know you said that you're trying for a scholarship.

my individual goal is to average 12 pts 8 reb and a couple blocks a game but i dont know how realistic that is at this point cuz im just a sophomore. but im just gonna keep busting my ass and see what happens.
    I don't think I'm going to get a scholarship. There are like 4 Canadians each year that get a scholarship, and I don't have that time commitment. Unfortunately, I will not be doing AAU this year and I'm pretty much giving up getting a scholarship unless I play really well against a certain few schools and play well in our tournaments where kids get looked at. I am focusing on school so much, but at least my marks are showing great improvement.

Well if you're still a sophomore, lucky you. I have improved so much from grade 9 to 10 and from 11 to 12 that I'm at the point where I feel like I could take anyone, I know this isn't true though. I recommend you mature a bit and set things aside and have ONE good session (Either summer or a couple weeks/months) of good ball, focus on improvements and take a rest and watch out how you breeze by others or at at least shock friends, etc.

But your a big man so I don't really know what you would improve on, I'm guessing your body and post moves, right? Do you shoot/dribble? You probs. have less to work on then which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by v-unit
    I don't think I'm going to get a scholarship. There are like 4 Canadians each year that get a scholarship, and I don't have that time commitment. Unfortunately, I will not be doing AAU this year and I'm pretty much giving up getting a scholarship unless I play really well against a certain few schools and play well in our tournaments where kids get looked at. I am focusing on school so much, but at least my marks are showing great improvement.

Well if you're still a sophomore, lucky you. I have improved so much from grade 9 to 10 and from 11 to 12 that I'm at the point where I feel like I could take anyone, I know this isn't true though. I recommend you mature a bit and set things aside and have ONE good session (Either summer or a couple weeks/months) of good ball, focus on improvements and take a rest and watch out how you breeze by others or at at least shock friends, etc.

But your a big man so I don't really know what you would improve on, I'm guessing your body and post moves, right? Do you shoot/dribble? You probs. have less to work on then which is good.
    Im a pretty good outside shooter and my dribbling is pretty good but needs to get better. i can use both my left and right hand equally in the post and my hook shot is really effective. my post moves are decent but they need to get better and i need to get quicker. im also really skinny and im trying to put on a lot of weight.

Very good NBA starter

Word.

You know there are good/bad ways to gain weight. How much do you want to put on?

i wanna put on atleast 20 pounds.

Man my high school team would have smacked yall

Very good NBA starter

i wanna put on atleast 20 pounds.
    Damn!

Well it's easiest in the summer but yeah, if you are serious about it, I recommend going to http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com. It's the largest bodybuilding website, great sections like gaining weight, losing weight, nutrition, sports, teenagers, etc. Everyone is friendly, not to mention their miscellaneous ****s on our OTC in every way possible.

There is so much to learn in body building, but obviously basic is to learn about metabolism, importance of rest, and the perfect number of reps/sets to do.

Just a little bit of help if you need.

yeah thanks there is a lot of good stuff on there.

my breakfast isnt great, i just have a bowl of cereal and a protein shake.

then for lunch i have a pbj, an apple, chips, a power bar, chocolate milk, and sometimes a banana. then i try to eat another pbj during my last class of the day but some teachers are gay and dont let you eat food in class. then my dinners vary and i have another protein shake before i go to bed.

Banned

hate those bitchez that dont let you eat in class

5-time NBA All-Star

yeah thanks there is a lot of good stuff on there.

my breakfast isnt great, i just have a bowl of cereal and a protein shake.

then for lunch i have a pbj, an apple, chips, a power bar, chocolate milk, and sometimes a banana. then i try to eat another pbj during my last class of the day but some teachers are gay and dont let you eat food in class. then my dinners vary and i have another protein shake before i go to bed.
    Go for eggs and whole wheat toast or oatmeal in the morning.

Have your lunch arond 3-5 hourz after and itz ok.

PLENTY OF H20 THruout the day. 15 minutez b4 a meal, and 45 minutez after.

Consume your protein shake after your practice.

Do some pushups b4 night, and have your dinner, and make sure to go for protein sourcez like fish, chicken, lean beef, veggiez (corn and potatoez don't count , and a bit of a complex carb

Have some cottage cheese or a bowl of cereal b4 you hit the sack.

Remember you are still a growing adolescent so itz ok to have a bit of babyfat here and there. Your body will fill out but 20 poundz is a lil too much. Granted you'll get pushed around a little bit, but staying light, quick, agile and focusing on your bbal skillz is da primary objective. Gradually work your way up.

And V-unit nice job my man, keep up the good work. ISH postaz be hating u out of pure E.N.V.Y. Niccaz can't hang with my man Luca.