Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Clutch
NBA Legend

Default PREDICTIONS: Next 6 games

Jan. 13: vs New Orleans W
Jan. 17: @ Detroit W
Jan. 21: vs Brooklyn L
Jan. 24: @ Boston L
Jan. 26: @ Philadelphia W
Jan. 27: vs Atlanta L

My prediction: 3-3

We'll start off by playing 3 games in 12 days. That should be enough for us to regroup,rest and figure out what's wrong and how to fix it.
This stretch of games will say a lot about where we are currently.
For start it will show us can we still beat inferior teams. Losses against NO and Detroit would be a disaster.
Then we face 3 division rivals (BK,BOS,PHI) and Atlanta who's only game and a half behind us in the standings (they might be even in front at the time of game).

We should really go 4-2. Beat NO and DET and then at least split against BK,BOS,PHI and ATL.

If go 3-3 or worse it's time to be really concerned.

After these 6 games we have a stretch of Orlando,Milwaukee,Sacramento,Detroit,Washington and Minnesota.
If we can't rack up wins even against these teams then it's panic mode time

Say what you want about Felton but he's a really important piece to this team. When is he coming back ? We're 3-5 without him and you can see we miss him a lot without even having to look at our record.

Last edited by Clutch : 01-12-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Default Re: PREDICTIONS: Next 6 games

The team is depleted now and that is affected their mindset on games.

In these six, it's really tough to say which games they'll win or lose, mentally alot of these guys are just not there.

It wouldn't surprise me if they lose the game against the Hornets Sunday or any or ALL of them for that matter.

Each opponent coming up has elements that the Knicks as a team struggle with.

These guys have got to find a way to get their mindset back.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
Clutch
NBA Legend

You want to hear some bad news ?

1. Hornets are on a 4 game winning streak and are 5-2 since the return of Eric Gordon.
2. Pistons are 7-3 in their last 10
3. Nets are on a 5 game winning streak and are 7-1 in their last 8
4. Celtics are on a 5 game winning streak and it's been years since the last time we won in Boston

So the all of the next 4 teams we're playing are on some major runs/winning streaks.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

They very well could lose every single one, that's why I dont wanna predict any.

Even Alan Hahn today on the radio mentioned how the Knicks can't look at the Hornets and think automatic win, they gotta actually play from the start to beat these guys, something that none in the starting lineup are doing.

Last night on the radio broadcast he mentioned he doesn't like players calling games "must win", because alot of time it sets them up to fail.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Where are all those people from these earlier threads? LMAO
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

I say 6-0.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I gotta see how Shump plays before I can predict. I actually think his return, in the short term, is more important than Amare. Our backcourt is giving us nothing.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

Damn, the sky is falling, huh? 0-6? We aren't playing well but no doubt we can win first two, and i don't see why we wouldn't wii at least 1 more, if not two.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:56 AM   #9
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

5-1.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #10
bluechox2
#knickstape

we will lose one of brooklyn or boston
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:46 AM   #11
Clutch
NBA Legend

Next two games are very important. We take on division rivals in Brooklyn and Boston.

To be fair I would be happy with a split.

a) If we beat the Nets we'll have 4 less losses AND we would have a tiebreaker which could be huge.

b) Celtics are currently 5.5 games behind. If we can somehow split the season series they would need a major run to overtake us.

I want us to win both games but I don't see that coming. Losses against both teams would be a disaster so I hope for a split.
With that said,who would you rather see the Knicks beat ?

Personally I can't decide. Nets are closer to us in the standings and by beating them we would own the tiebreaker so that can actually be the more important game.
But I hate the Celtics and my hate has even gone up after that Melo/KG incident. Beating them in Boston would be a feel good moment.
So I'm leaning towards rather beating the Nets but in case Melo drops 45-50 on Boston leading us to the win would be even better.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Next two games are very important. We take on division rivals in Brooklyn and Boston.

To be fair I would be happy with a split.

a) If we beat the Nets we'll have 4 less losses AND we would have a tiebreaker which could be huge.

b) Celtics are currently 5.5 games behind. If we can somehow split the season series they would need a major run to overtake us.

I want us to win both games but I don't see that coming. Losses against both teams would be a disaster so I hope for a split.
With that said,who would you rather see the Knicks beat ?

Personally I can't decide. Nets are closer to us in the standings and by beating them we would own the tiebreaker so that can actually be the more important game.
But I hate the Celtics and my hate has even gone up after that Melo/KG incident. Beating them in Boston would be a feel good moment.
So I'm leaning towards rather beating the Nets but in case Melo drops 45-50 on Boston leading us to the win would be even better.
I think I would rather beat the Nets. As you said, it would win us the season series with an Eastern Conference team which is important for seeding. Ultimately, I'd be more satisfied with beating the Nets and Melo just having a good game vs the Celtics. I think, somehow someway, we're going to end up having to face the Celtics in the playoffs in the 1st round.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #13
Clutch
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I think I would rather beat the Nets. As you said, it would win us the season series with an Eastern Conference team which is important for seeding. Ultimately, I'd be more satisfied with beating the Nets and Melo just having a good game vs the Celtics. I think, somehow someway, we're going to end up having to face the Celtics in the playoffs in the 1st round.
And that's something I would want to avoid. Heat,Celtics and Bulls really worry me. I wouldn't even want to play the Nets either even though I prefer to play them than MIA,CHI or BOS.
I have no fear of the Pacers,Hawks,Bucks,Sixers or whoever else makes it.

Beating Celtics in the playoffs would be something special. But if we have to meet I don't want it to be in the 1st round.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #14
bluechox2
#knickstape

we have to destroy the "best team in ny" according to some people, and it gives us the tiebreaker though is highly unlikely we need it

and cant wait for melo to go HAM on KG
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
Rameek
Krust Kingz

They have all the time to prepare for the next two games. Brooklyn and Boston. I wouldnt be too upset with a 3-3 record.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: