Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Countdown to Red Dead Redemption 2

Pre-ordered.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm. People were saying the same thing about GTA V before it came out; now many say it sucks (I love GTA V btw).

It does look great though.
    GTA V was awesome. My only gripe with it was the Online mode. It got out of control after the Heists DLC and unless you spent your life on the game you got priced out of being able to buy anything. Even Shark Cards don't cover the costs to play the additional content and most lobbies are filled up with players trolling each other now.

I think Red Dead will be the highest rated game of the year. This is Rockstar's first and likely only game built for the PS4 and Xbone consoles. No way they screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    GTA V was awesome. My only gripe with it was the Online mode. It got out of control after the Heists DLC and unless you spent your life on the game you got priced out of being able to buy anything. Even Shark Cards don't cover the costs to play the additional content and most lobbies are filled up with players trolling each other now.

I think Red Dead will be the highest rated game of the year. This is Rockstar's first and likely only game built for the PS4 and Xbone consoles. No way they screw it up.
    I am so ready for a new Rockstar game.

I never play online stuff so I dunno. I wish GTA V had single player dlc's like 4 had. They could have done so much with it; so much of the map was underutilized in the game.

Pre-ordered.

I preordered this over a year ago (about May 2017), before it got delayed twice.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back

Weakest single player campaign since GTA 2.

100+GB game file

4 more days my guys.

Gamestop is releasing it at 9pm on Thurs in my area, I'll be playing Thursday night. This game is going to be huge.

2 more days.

On the eve of this game's release, I wonder: how much time will pass before nerds start popping up on the internet claiming to have beaten the game and bitching that it was too easy? I say, give it 36 hours. So, by Saturday afternoon at the latest.

Got it!

Installed the first disc and patch, installing disc 2.

Release was exciting, it's fun being hype with a bunch of like minded people.

^Same. Installing as I type.

The details in this game are beyond ridiculous. People who were upset that GTA V didn't have much of a forest area shouldn't be disappointed here.

I dont care about online. Just give me a great single player campaign with all the usual Rockstar fixings (great story, interesting characters, fun and inventive missions, lots of weapons, a varied map to explore, some "holy shit!" moments, a lot of collectibles, Easter eggs and myths) and I'll be one happy guy.
    Following up on my post from August; Rockstar gave me everything I wanted, and then some.

this shit needs to come out for PC

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

So I've been playing a ton. My opinion of it continues to move up the more I play. I'm only just starting chapter 3, but the map is incredible. I find myself just wandering around and checking stuff out. I really go out of my way not to do main missions for fear I'll miss something along the way.

It's still got some warts. It shouldn't have taken as long as it did to get comfortable with all the controls. I still don't like all the button holding to interact. And I'm still a little bothered by the shear volume of maintenance required with some of the stuff. But as I slowly am able to let some of that stuff go, the world itself is just too remarkable of an achievement to not love the game.