Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Kobe Stan

Default Re: When will Wiggins start playing and producing like a superstar?

23/6/4 by his 3rd year.

You young kids have to realize that basketball is a game of skills. Wiggins is still just a kid and very raw. He needs time to improve his skills. And that takes time and repitition. What you are seeing now is a rough diamond. It needs polishing.

I have never looked at Wiggins as a Mcgrady type. Someone who can take over offensively. I see him more as a Pippen type. An all around performer who can impact the game in various ways. He's already a very good defender and should be lethal on that end once he matures and anticipates situations better. You can't teach his size, length, athleticism and quick feet. I also like his touch and shooting form. If he can get that part down, that should make him more dangerous. And of course I want to see him work on his iso game, which is the true definition of a superstar wing.

Give the guy a couple of years. Then we can properly judge him. But now? After not even playing a full season at the highest level against the best in the world? Come on.

3-time NBA All-Star

rookie>>dion

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Anyone that thinks this kid isn't going to be an absolute beast knows nothing about basketball.

He has the lost art of footwork + amazing raw mechanics on everything he already does.

He also has an unstoppable go to move that is better than 99% of what the league has - a true step back jumper from the midpost. Combine that with his body control and athleticism and he is already a better sg wing scorer than anyone not named Harden, Klay or Wade.

That is a bread and butter shot that can he can go to in the playoffs during times when a critical basket is needed.

He has shown more than flashes this season of how good he can be. He will easily be a 27, 7, and 4 player by his 4th season.
    What did you expect from OP? He thought dion>>kyrie yet even wiggins is better than him

NBA rookie of the year

Looks to me like he's already trending towards being a 20+ ppg by his second season, which is a star/borderline All-Star already.

He's doing well. In 3-4 years he very well could be one of the top players in the league while current guys like LeBron will be on a rapid decline.

Once Wiggins adds about 5-10 pounds of muscle ... look out.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 03-28-2015 at 06:55 PM.

OP is so f*cking shook it's unreal.

Anthony Davis, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, and now Wiggins.

Wiggins has the perfect body and athleticism to be an absolute shut down wing defender. If he is willing, he should be making All-Defensive teams for the next 10-12 years. But D is about desire and effort. You have to want it.

I also really like his shooting form. It looks right. He's also got a great step back jumper. That's encouraging to see from a 19 year old when you consider he choked away the final four less than a year ago.

It's just going to come down to how bad he wants to be great. How much is he willing to put in the time because the talent is there. He isn't freakishly athletic like G. Green or Westbrook but good enough where if he puts in the time, he should be an elite player.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    He's 20...
    I grew another 2-3 inches after 20, just saying it can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Wiggins has the perfect body and athleticism to be an absolute shut down wing defender. If he is willing, he should be making All-Defensive teams for the next 10-12 years. But D is about desire and effort. You have to want it.

I also really like his shooting form. It looks right. He's also got a great step back jumper. That's encouraging to see from a 19 year old when you consider he choked away the final four less than a year ago.

It's just going to come down to how bad he wants to be great. How much is he willing to put in the time because the talent is there. He isn't freakishly athletic like G. Green or Westbrook but good enough where if he puts in the time, he should be an elite player.

Might be one of the most absurd things ever posted. 44 inch vertical isn't freakishly athletic?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

Might be one of the most absurd things ever posted. 44 inch vertical isn't freakishly athletic?
    He's special athletically but he isn't on Westbrook type level. Athleticism isn't just vertical. It's fluidity, agility, quickness and explosive first step. The guy is up there. I just don't rate him at the freakish level like a Westbrook. What he does have is very quick feet. He can really move his feet laterally and slide. And that's why I love his defensive prospects. I really like the guy. Both as a player and person.

He's special athletically but he isn't on Westbrook type level. Athleticism isn't just vertical. It's fluidity, agility, quickness and explosive first step. The guy is up there. I just don't rate him at the freakish level like a Westbrook. What he does have is very quick feet. He can really move his feet laterally and slide. And that's why I love his defensive prospects. I really like the guy. Both as a player and person.
    He has all of that though...

You're definitely overrating Westbrook's athleticism. He's a freak, but his dunks and what not look more impressive than they would otherwise b/c of the ferocity with which he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    He has all of that though...
    I don't quite see the SUDDEN explosion off the ground from him as I do with a Westbrook. It doesn't come with the same explosion. Again, I love the guy and he just turned 20 so he does have the chance to improve on his plyometrics and might be more explosive. We'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    You're definitely overrating Westbrook's athleticism. He's a freak, but his dunks and what not look more impressive than they would otherwise b/c of the ferocity with which he plays.
    Oh no I am not. The guy is one of the most physically gifted guards to put on a pair of sneakers.

Wiggins isn't even the most athletic player on his own team. Lavine is. And everyone knows this, including Wiggins. There are levels to athleticism. Lavine just possesses that extra gear that only a few ever possess. That off the charts athleticism that makes you saw "wow". His moves are quicker, faster and more explosive, even at the NBA level.