Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Why Andrew Wiggins deserves roy over elfred payton and nerlins noel

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Why would Cleveland beat writers be butthurt about Wiggins?

If Jabari Parker doesn't go down for the season, he easily runs away with ROY.
    no he doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    yeah he is:

Andrew Wiggins 16.2 - 4.4 - 2 44%

Mirotic 9.8 - 4.9 - 1.2 41%

Payton 8.9 - 4.2 - 6.3 43%

Noel 9.9 - 8.1 - 1.6 47%

this fool thinks Wiggins has the least impact out of this group...and he wonder why no one respects him

I swear this forum gets dumber all the time.
    Stats don't always tell the whole story.

Banned

are you surprised by this? he plays on a team that is shockingly bad on defense, of course good players are going to do really well against Minnesota.

Mirotic plays for the Bulls, a defensive team for the ages and perhaps the best defensive coach ever. He has shot changing bigs around him and guys like Jimmy Butler. Who does Wiggins have? Zach Levine?

You use advanced stats recklessly. Advanced stats are altered markedly based on team performance. Had Wiggins stayed on the Cavs his advanced stats and PER and BS like that would be much more impressive.

How I see it?

He's averaging 16.2 on 44% shooting.

None of the other guys can touch that, end of story.
    Oh I think I get how this works now, stats can only be used when they show Wiggins in a positive light? No worries let just throw this under the bridge and focus on PPG only. Screw spg, apg, bpg, rpb, efficency, per, ortg, drtg , Real player plus minus and on-off court production. PPG is the only thing that matters

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Giaodollo
    Oh I think I get how this works now, stats can only be used when they show Wiggins in a positive light? No worries let just throw this under the bridge and focus on PPG only. Screw spg, apg, bpg, rpb, efficency, per, ortg, drtg , Real player plus minus and on-off court production. PPG is the only thing that matters
    yeah, that is what I am saying...

PPG, and shooting % are such 'out there' stats, who uses those?

the bolded ones do have a team angle to them, if you think otherwise then you may very well need to 'get how they work'.

Where is the efficiency even coming from regarding Noel, Mirotic and Payton?

Noel is a joke in terms of efficiency for his position and production.

Mirotic, during his recent stretch of great play, isn't any more efficient than Wiggins. Shooting 41% iirc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill

Mirotic, during his recent stretch of great play, isn't any more efficient than Wiggins. Shooting 41% iirc
    Also takes multiple threes a game. He has a 55% ts % vs wiggins at 51.

yeah, that is what I am saying...

PPG, and shooting % are such 'out there' stats, who uses those?

the bolded ones do have a team angle to them, if you think otherwise then you may very well need to 'get how they work'.
    Ppg and shooting % also share a "team angle" and is exactly what some of the other guys have been arguing in this thread. Not really caught in ROY race seems irrelevant this season.

no he doesn't
    He does. He would be putting up similar numbers on a playoff team.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill

Noel isn't a good offensive player. He is a GREAT defensive player.

Wiggins has been fine. But the Wolves have been better when he is off the floor than when he is on it. Which is not exactly a source of pride.

Mirotic is playing for a 3 seed and leads the NBA in 4th qtr scoring this mo. Contributions like that in the 4th qtr for a team looking to go deep into the playoffs means a lot more than putting up empty stats on a really really bad team.

And LOL@ comparing FG% between guys that make 3s and other guys. Threekola (Twitter handle and its great) Mirotic shoots .557 TS%. Well above league avg. Wiggins shoots .513 TS%, below league avg.

Per 100 poss Miro avg more points, asst, reb on better shooting for a far better team.

Wiggins is going to win it. And it won't be that close. But saying that Mirotic doesn't deserve any consideration is dumb. Guys that carry their 3 seed squads in crunch time are far more valuable than guys that put up adequate #s in volume on bottom 3 teams.

Banned

no he doesn't
    I don't know about him running away with it but Parker was heavily favored over Wiggins before he went down. He probably wasn't going to match Wiggins in PPG but that's a product of the team he plays for and the relative lack of free reign that he had. 12.3/5.5 over 29.5 MPG on 49 FG% > 16.2/4.4 over 35.6 MPG on 43.8 FG%.

I think that Wiggins has a higher ceiling than Parker but there's no denying that Parker would probably have a much better shot at RoY than Wiggins had he continued to play and develop throughout the season. He was more NBA ready coming into the season imo.

Mirotic is easily the best rookie player. Will Wiggins be better than him? Proably. But if you put Mirotic on the Wolves and Wiggins on the Bulls I have no doubt he would have better numbers than Wiggins.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

It'll be
    1 Wiggins
    2 Nerlens
    3 Mirotic
    4 who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Why would Cleveland beat writers be butthurt about Wiggins?

If Jabari Parker doesn't go down for the season, he easily runs away with ROY.
    Well we can't say for sure. Parker was looking real good but we don't know if he would've hit a rookie wall or something.

Why are you guys even debating this? Too much useless stats you guys are pulling out of your asses to deny Wiggins the ROY.. Watch a few ****ing Twolves game and scout Wiggins. I bet none of yall here even watched the Twolves unless it was versus the team you support. Elfrid Payton and Mirotic seriously guys?? is that a ****ing joke.

It goes like this

Wiggins

Noel

Payton - Mirotic.

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Mirotic is easily the best rookie player. Will Wiggins be better than him? Proably. But if you put Mirotic on the Wolves and Wiggins on the Bulls I have no doubt he would have better numbers than Wiggins.

This. niko is the better player right now, but wiggins will win ROY. Mirotic had to fight his way to get more minutes on a playoff team, and wasn't looking good early on. He had good games here and there, but didnt start cooking till after the all star break. since then he's been our best player at times since rose butler and taj got hurt, and pretty sure he's been our leading scorer. 24 points tonight on 8/15 in 25 minutes.

Obviously, i would love for niko to win, but unless he averages 30 for the rest of the season, its going to be wiggins, who has also been impressive.