Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Why Andrew Wiggins deserves roy over elfred payton and nerlins noel

Quote Originally Posted by Giaodollo
    No, but you are a close minded stan who doesn't understand that people have varying opinions and criteria for ROTY then your own and your rebuttal is a insult despite you probably being an adult.

Tell me what separates Wiggins from anyone of the other players excluding potential.

Only reason he has a decent amount of points per game is because he is playing on a terrible team, put Mirotic there and I am positive ha can average 19-20 ppg.
    he is almost doubling them in ppg.
    he is shooting a better percentage
    he is a better defender.
    he is playing the feature role on his team.

shall I go on?

Or do you want to give more retarded opinions that make no sense in any form and then cry when you get called out?

up to you sport.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    he is almost doubling them in ppg.
    he is shooting a better percentage
    he is a better defender.
    he is playing the feature role on his team.

shall I go on?

Or do you want to give more retarded opinions that make no sense in any form and then cry when you get called out?

up to you sport.
    He is playing more minutes then all of them and have been a 1st option at times.
    Percentages doesn't mean a lot as for effiecency, his FG% is high but he doesn't take a lot of threes compared to Mirotic who takes 3.5 per game in 20 minutes. TS % 55 for Mirotic and 51 % for Wiggins.

Then who? Elfrid Payton is comparable to him on defense and Noel is in a different stratosphere when it comes to defense, he actually has an all star level impact on defense. He has the lowest DRTG of all of them.

I don't see what relevance playing "the future role" has with ROTY.

But you be sure to continue if you'd like.

No, but you are a close minded stan who doesn't understand that people have varying opinions and criteria for ROTY then your own and your rebuttal is a insult despite you probably being an adult.

Tell me what separates Wiggins from anyone of the other players excluding potential.

Only reason he has a decent amount of points per game is because he is playing on a terrible team, put Mirotic there and I am positive ha can average 19-20 ppg.
    Wouldn't be surprised. Dude had a really nice March.

21/8

Banned

Andrew "great defender" Wiggins

Average 2 point % of players he defends: 48.4 % When Guarded by him:51.2 %
    Average 3 point % of players he defends: 36.4 % When guarded by him 40.1 %

Overall 44.5 on average and when he is on them 47.4

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

There are no advanced stats that support Wiggins being a future star, and certainly not one who is clearly above players in his rookie class even though he's been given more opportunity than all of them.

Even Jabari didn't have free reign to play 35 minutes out the gate. Even still, his advanced stats smoke Wiggins.

Kobe Stan

Wiggins is definitely the rookie of the year. The other three guys didnt start having a big impact until AFTER the all star break. Like seriously, Wiggins has been doing his thing all year while the other guys have been great for about a month and a half.

You have to give it to Wiggins.

Rookie of the YEAR.
    That's why its Wiggins.

NBA Superstar

Andrew "great defender" Wiggins

Average 2 point % of players he defends: 48.4 % When Guarded by him:51.2 %
    Average 3 point % of players he defends: 36.4 % When guarded by him 40.1 %

Overall 44.5 on average and when he is on them 47.4
    are you surprised by this? he plays on a team that is shockingly bad on defense, of course good players are going to do really well against Minnesota.

Mirotic plays for the Bulls, a defensive team for the ages and perhaps the best defensive coach ever. He has shot changing bigs around him and guys like Jimmy Butler. Who does Wiggins have? Zach Levine?

You use advanced stats recklessly. Advanced stats are altered markedly based on team performance. Had Wiggins stayed on the Cavs his advanced stats and PER and BS like that would be much more impressive.

How I see it?

He's averaging 16.2 on 44% shooting.

None of the other guys can touch that, end of story.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    There are no advanced stats that support Wiggins being a future star, and certainly not one who is clearly above players in his rookie class even though he's been given more opportunity than all of them.

Even Jabari didn't have free reign to play 35 minutes out the gate. Even still, his advanced stats smoke Wiggins.
    Ladies and gentlemen, just when this thread couldn't get any more dumber, good old Gay A decides to show his face. Maybe he has a new mixtape for us too*fingers crossed*!

Wiggins didn't play 35 minutes a night out of the gate, it wasn't until late December that he was playing that much.

are you surprised by this? he plays on a team that is shockingly bad on defense, of course good players are going to do really well against Minnesota.

Mirotic plays for the Bulls, a defensive team for the ages and perhaps the best defensive coach ever. He has shot changing bigs around him and guys like Jimmy Butler. Who does Wiggins have? Zach Levine?

You use advanced stats recklessly. Advanced stats are altered markedly based on team performance. Had Wiggins stayed on the Cavs his advanced stats and PER and BS like that would be much more impressive.

How I see it?

He's averaging 16.2 on 44% shooting.

None of the other guys can touch that, end of story.
    No, you are IGNORING advanced stats recklessly....

Jesus...

Wiggins is playing 36 MPG on a shitty team... any of those rookies could put up 16 points on 43% in that role.

What he's doing is not impressive. He's just out there filling a uniform up as the Wolves collect L and L. He's essentially a total non impact game in, game out.

Ladies and gentlemen, just when this thread couldn't get any more dumber, good old Gay A decides to show his face. Maybe he has a new mixtape for us too*fingers crossed*!

Wiggins didn't play 35 minutes a night out of the gate, it wasn't until late December that he was playing that much.

The bolded is why I dont debate with kids. Him playing 35 minutes a game, which is top 12 in the league, is when his stats moderately went up.

What do you know.... to go from playing 26 MPG to 40 MPG in two months would bump your stats up.

Which is my point. You think this only applies with Wiggins???

NBA Superstar

The bolded is why I dont debate with kids. Him playing 35 minutes a game, which is top 12 in the league, is when his stats moderately went up.

What do you know.... to go from playing 26 MPG to 40 MPG in two months would bump your stats up.

Which is my point. You think this only applies with Wiggins???

his shooting percentage went up, and he never hit a 'rookie wall', sounds like a win to me. Tell me again how Trevor Ariza is a backup...

BTW

his shooting percentage went up, and he never hit a 'rookie wall', sounds like a win to me. Tell me again how Trevor Ariza is a backup...

BTW
    His shooting %s went up? So what..,

He's still average... not impressive. Will be one of the worst ROY winners ever.

Fact

NBA Superstar

His shooting %s went up? So what..,

He's still average... not impressive. Will be one of the worst ROY winners ever.

Fact
    that is about as factual as you calling Trevor Ariza a backup or Dion Waiters a real NBA player.

Face it, you are the forum clown, nothing you say ever happens.

it is pretty much a given, only Philly, Orlando and butthurt Cleveland beat writers (or fat f*cks like Jason Whitlock who need to save face) will vote otherwise.
    Why would Cleveland beat writers be butthurt about Wiggins?

If Jabari Parker doesn't go down for the season, he easily runs away with ROY.