Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: History tells us "don't expect the Warriors to win the NBA Finals"

ITT: playoff basketball is different than regular season basketball.

With that said, if they make the WCF, they will have a really good chance to win the following season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    ITT: playoff basketball is different than regular season basketball.
    Yeah, elite defense usually doesn't carry over to the playoffs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

It's nice to know that you guys got warriors on your mind more than I do.

You're talking about a pretty special team right here...

I don't see Curry or Thompson shrinking under pressure. This team is so balanced and solid from top to bottom. Offense and defense.

At this point, they are clearly a cut above the competition right now.

Clear favourites for mine.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

You know it's interesting... I torrented the 2012 Heat/Thunder finals because I didn't get to see a couple of the games when it happened. I've been watching it lately and one of the things I noticed about it relates directly to the OP's post.

The difference between Game 1 Heat and games 2-5 Heat is the low post scoring. Game 2 specifically, I don't think I saw LeBron settle for a contested jumper once. He was either in the low post taking Thabo/KD or creating off the dribble at the top of the key. Wade also took advantage of the post too creating a lot off back to the basket against Westbrook.

The Warriors will be similar to the Thunder where they will get a lot of fast break points and jumpers. The Thunder essentially had nobody reliable for low post scoring besides Westbrook, and he would hardly go down there anyway.

However, the Warriors defense is more elite than the Thunders is/was. And when we're talking about relying on jumpers... well we're talking about the best shooting back court of all time, and we all know Curry can create open looks. The Warriors have some great cutters so they can still get inside scoring without depending on fast breaks. I think they are poised to win the chip. The biggest obstacle would be overcoming Memphis who plays at the opposite tempo the Warriors want to play. They will get beat up by Randolph/Gasol. Klay/Curry will be somewhat neutralized by Conley/Allen. Would be a hell of a match up and would go either way. I think if they get to the finals, they will win. Who the hell can win 4 games at Oracle?

Banned

No excuses.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    You're talking about a pretty special team right here...

I don't see Curry or Thompson shrinking under pressure. This team is so balanced and solid from top to bottom. Offense and defense.

At this point, they are clearly a cut above the competition right now.

Clear favourites for mine.
    I think Bulls have a solid chance this year

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    I think Bulls have a solid chance this year
    If they were to make it out the East, there's no way they could beat the Warriors.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    If they were to make it out the East, there's no way they could beat the Warriors.
    i know lol i was just trolling pedo

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    You know it's interesting... I torrented the 2012 Heat/Thunder finals because I didn't get to see a couple of the games when it happened. I've been watching it lately and one of the things I noticed about it relates directly to the OP's post.

The difference between Game 1 Heat and games 2-5 Heat is the low post scoring. Game 2 specifically, I don't think I saw LeBron settle for a contested jumper once. He was either in the low post taking Thabo/KD or creating off the dribble at the top of the key. Wade also took advantage of the post too creating a lot off back to the basket against Westbrook.

The Warriors will be similar to the Thunder where they will get a lot of fast break points and jumpers. The Thunder essentially had nobody reliable for low post scoring besides Westbrook, and he would hardly go down there anyway.

However, the Warriors defense is more elite than the Thunders is/was. And when we're talking about relying on jumpers... well we're talking about the best shooting back court of all time, and we all know Curry can create open looks. The Warriors have some great cutters so they can still get inside scoring without depending on fast breaks. I think they are poised to win the chip. The biggest obstacle would be overcoming Memphis who plays at the opposite tempo the Warriors want to play. They will get beat up by Randolph/Gasol. Klay/Curry will be somewhat neutralized by Conley/Allen. Would be a hell of a match up and would go either way. I think if they get to the finals, they will win. Who the hell can win 4 games at Oracle?
    The difference is OKC took bad jump shots as a result of stagnant iso ball (last in assists if I remember correctly). They were too reliant on their stars making tough shots. The Warriors don't play anything like that. They're the exact opposite as a matter of fact.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 03-22-2015 at 03:43 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

The thing that people refuse to understand is that the NBA has changed. In the 80's nobody shot the 3 ball. In the 90's it was used more, but a team's philosophy was to win inside. Teams nowadays attempt more 3s and they are more efficient with that shot. At the end of the day talent and chemistry is what wins titles and Golden State has a great mix of that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Playoff basketball is a totally different animal.. I can see teams attacking Steph Curry and getting a little grimey with him. Some of their important players are soft as hell - Bogut and their best player in Curry. We'll just have to wait and see.. but I too don't see them making the finals.

Also.. Curry still has a lot of proving to do. Can he step up when it matters most..Or can he only excel in a free-flowing style with no resistance?

Double team Curry and either Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, or Draymond Green is gonna get an open look. Pick your poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    The difference is OKC took bad jump shots as a result of stagnant iso ball (last in assists if I remember correctly). They were too reliant on their stars making tough shots. The Warriors don't play anything like that. They're the exact opposite as a matter of fact.
    This is true. OKC didn't create a lot of open jump shots aside from on fast breaks. The Warriors and OKC are similar in tempo, and the fact that they shoot a lot of jumpers, but they create their offense completely differently. They don't have a PG like Curry who is a true play creator (actually Harden would create plays well but he was off the bench). The Warriors are a notch above 12 OKC offensively and defensively. they stuck around game 1/2 because they had superstars who could take over a game. I think the Warriors game should translate better in the playoffs than OKC's did, which is good news since that would mean a potential chip for Curry

Decent playground baller John Tesh's Avatar

That's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Playoff basketball is a totally different animal.. I can see teams attacking Steph Curry and getting a little grimey with him. Some of their important players are soft as hell - Bogut and their best player in Curry. We'll just have to wait and see.. but I too don't see them making the finals.

Also.. Curry still has a lot of proving to do. Can he step up when it matters most..Or can he only excel in a free-flowing style with no resistance?
    Bogut is soft?