Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why the Hawks won't get too far in the playoffs.

As good as their system is, their ball movement, 3 pt shooting, defense, etc. they lack a superstar, someone who can take over a game. Last night showed it. They couldn't keep up with OKC's firepower and they had no huge weapon to fire back with.

2nd round exit. Still an exciting team though.

Default Re: Why the Hawks won't get too far in the playoffs.

The East is just so weak. I don't consider them a serious title contender yet they could go as far as the ECF.

Outside of the Hawks and Cavs, there isn't a single team in that conference that would make the Playoffs out West.

If the season ended today they'd be playing a Boston team that is on track to win 36 games; then they'd face either the Wizards or Raptors, the former being a 6-8 team since the All-Star break and the latter being the most embarrassing team in the league.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 03-21-2015 at 09:26 AM.

So many posters will be furious when Lebron makes the finals for a 5th time in a row

Local High School Star

Some you win and some you lose. Hawks play like Spurs except Horford and Millsap are both greater threats than both Duncan or Splitter

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis
    Some you win and some you lose. Hawks play like Spurs except Horford and Millsap are both greater threats than both Duncan or Splitter
    No.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    No.
    Than splitter? Absolutely. I'd still take Duncan if I needed a bucket though.

Quote Originally Posted by retaxis

Playing like them doesn't mean they'll have the same success as them.

Quote Originally Posted by hawks4life
    Than splitter? Absolutely. I'd still take Duncan if I needed a bucket though.

Defensively, I'd take Splitter over any player on the Hawks roster. Defense and offensive glass eating was a huge part of the Spurs success in the playoffs last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamо
    Playing like them doesn't mean they'll have the same success as them.
    Exactly.

Decent college freshman

As good as their system is, their ball movement, 3 pt shooting, defense, etc. they lack a superstar, someone who can take over a game. Last night showed it. They couldn't keep up with OKC's firepower and they had no huge weapon to fire back with.

04' Pistons?

Also, the Hawks were missing 3 players last night.

Last edited by jayfan; 03-21-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Local High School Star

Regardless what is far? I know Hawks will likely make it to the ECF and i call that Far considering they were first round knock outs last year. That is a significant leap for one year. Hawks system is proven. We are not talking about an unproven system we are talking about a proven system which has worked successfully in multiple years of 04,08 and 14. People often forget 08 had celtics players all sharing the ball to score and win the game there was no option at the end of games it was ball movement and trust.

P.S second round exit against the -.500 since ASB wizards or Raptors? Come on now don't be sensationalists.

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan
    04' Pistons?

Also, the Hawks were missing 3 players last night.

#1 '04 pistons had better players than the Hawks. Billups, Sheed, Wallace were better than Teague, Millsap, Horford.

#2 Ibaka, Durant, Kanter?

Why do regular season games for the Hawks only seem to matter when they lose? When they win I always hear the sMe narrative "lol regular season doesn't matter playoffs ONLY!" Then when they lose "lol hawks suk 1st round exit". It's pretty obvious the Hawks are coasting right now considering they locked up the 1st seed. Just trying to get everyone healthy and stay healthy

Exactly. They are the Spurs-lite except that when it comes down to it, Duncan, Ginobli or Parker and now Kawhi can take and make the big shots or stop a big run by the other team. I thought Teague was gonna be that guy but something is missing with him. They were missing Korver, he makes 50% of his 3s so you can say if they don't have Korver they will get exposed.

They are a fun and exciting team though, will root for them in the East playoffs.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

I disagree with this.