Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    if you chose marion you cant choose amare and vis versa, nash did it with only one of them in 06.

where would amare lead the suns without nash and marion ?

where would marion lead the suns without nash and amare ?

straight to lottery baby
    You could use that logic with any of the MVP candidates.

Where would the Mavs be without Dirk? How about Kobe's and Lebron's teams? That's right, Nash still had a better supporting cast than any of these players.

Im still also waiting for the explanation of how everything marion does right is attributable to nash but everything he does wrong is his own fault?

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Im still also waiting for the explanation of how everything marion does right is attributable to nash but everything he does wrong is his own fault?
    Who said this?

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

so what ? if they dont win enough games they dont win mvp, PERIOD, what part of "winning 45 and 50 games isnt gonna get you mvp" the kobe and lebron groupies don't get ?

Serious playground baller EuJazz's Avatar

if you chose marion you cant choose amare and vis versa, nash did it with only one of them in 06.

straight to lottery baby
    He had them both the first year, jackass. Nash has always had one or the other. You'd have to say 'Where would Amare and Marion lead the Suns without Nash.'

Which, with Barbosa at point guard, there's not too big of a dropoff (what, 18 points and 7 assists instead of 18 and 10?) So in that case they average what, 102-104 points instead of around 110? Damn! They'll never win!

straight to lottery baby
    Umm why the hell would you only have to pick one dip****? Has nash ever had to lead the suns without BOTH of those guys? I swear i think if someone asked you whats 2 + 2 you would answer nash is the mvp and the suns would suck without nash.

so what ? if they dont win enough games they dont win mvp, PERIOD, what part of "winning 45 and 50 games isnt gonna get you mvp" the kobe and lebron groupies don't get ?
    Dirk Nowitzki.

Just admit that at least he deserved it over Nash and we can go ahead and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Ok, I see that you're an idiot so I'll try to use simple words:

I never said that Nash wasn't a key part of his team's success. He obviously was and is.

However, nothing that you just said explains why he should be the MVP of the entire league.

Do you get it? He is an excellent distributor, who gets his teammates involved but a player averaging 15.5ppg, even with lots of assists, does not rise to the traditional level of someone who wins the MVP.

Was that simple enough for you?
    11 assists translate into 22 points at least and up to 33 points if you consider 3pointers, in 00 shaq won mvp with 29 ppg and 3.8 apg.

nash averaged from 37 to 48 ppg considering his assists and shaq did from 37 to 41 ppg in 00 when he won mvp by a landslide, care to explain that ?

Dirk had 60 wins last season with better numbers, why Nash before Dirk?

Quote Originally Posted by EuJazz
    Dirk Nowitzki.

Just admit that at least he deserved it over Nash and we can go ahead and call it good.
    and i already conceded the dirk part of the debate deaf idiot ist the kobe and lebron groupies who are driving me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    Who said this?
    everyone in other threads. When they say that during the regular season everything marion does comes from nash but then he choked on his own in the playoffs(against the spurs). If everything he gets comes from nash then maybe nash choked at setting him up? (yes i know it sounds stupid thats the point i want some of you to realize how stupid some of the logic you use sounds)

11 assists translate into 22 points at least and up to 33 points if you consider 3pointers, in 00 shaq won mvp with 29 ppg and 3.8 apg.

nash averaged from 37 to 48 ppg considering his assists and shaq did from 37 to 41 ppg in 00 when he won mvp by a landslide, care to explain that ?
    You did not just go there, Shaq averaged around 13 rebounds and 3 blocks that season shooting around 58% from the field while being a force on both ends of the floor, he was the most dominant player of all-time during that period, and you're comparing him to Nash based on assist numbers?

OK its over, the arguement is over

Nash shouldn't have won MVP

Dirk should've, Dream Rocket admit it

end of thread

So we should just go ahead and change mvp to pg of the year award then by your retarded ass logic. Other positions create shots for teammates in ways that dont lead to assists(screens, players doubling, just attention in general and drawing the best defenders) you are also totally ignoring defense, rebounding and just general impact on the game. Congratulations. I dub thee moron.

and i already conceded the dirk part of the debate deaf idiot ist the kobe and lebron groupies who are driving me crazy
    Um, Nash didn't deserve it. Doesn't matter to whom. Good. We're done.