Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    kobe's extreme work ethic = him not being as talented as other guys. good conclusion. rather than tellin us why you think so, you're makin an inference that since kobe works so hard, hes not as talented. nice.

you know why kobe works so hard? because he wont accpet failure. he thirves in what he does and he lives off of basketball. hes willing to go whatever distance it might be to be the best. he could easily lay back like wince and chill but he cant accept that..he doesnt want to waste his talents and abilities

My post wasn't meant to be a shot at Kobe, but seeing as how sensitive you Laker fans are, I should have seen this coming.

If Kobe is so much more talented then those guys, then why is it that he has the extreme work ethic? If he's so much more talented then TMac/Carter then he shouldn't have to bust his butt to be the best right? Those guys have been known to have weak work ethics and yet they're top swingmen in the league. Every wondered why? Cause they have globs of talent that makes up for the lack of work.

Again, I'm not trying to diss him or anything. I think he's one of the most talented players in the league, but I don't think he is as talented as some of those guys. Its his great work habit that seperates him from the rest of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
    Kobe is easily more talented tha Tmac and VCarter. Check out the history of who makes all first-team D and who does not.
    That is a result of his hard work and their lack of it. Has nothing to do with talent.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
    My post wasn't meant to be a shot at Kobe, but seeing as how sensitive you Laker fans are, I should have seen this coming.

If Kobe is so much more talented then those guys, then why is it that he has the extreme work ethic? If he's so much more talented then TMac/Carter then he shouldn't have to bust his butt to be the best right? Those guys have been known to have weak work ethics and yet they're top swingmen in the league. Every wondered why? Cause they have globs of talent that makes up for the lack of work.

Again, I'm not trying to diss him or anything. I think he's one of the most talented players in the league, but I don't think he is as talented as some of those guys. Its his great work habit that seperates him from the rest of the pack.
    are you questioning why a guy works so hard???

I'm not questioning anything.

I agree that he works hard because he wants to be the best. But I also think he works extra hard because he isn't as talented as the other guys.

TMac/Carter can have a weak work ethic and still be one of the top swingmen in the league. That is because they have tons of talent to makeup for being lazy.

Its ok to admit that Kobe isn't the most talented guy in the league.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

I agree that he works hard because he wants to be the best. But I also think he works extra hard because he isn't as talented as the other guys.

TMac/Carter can have a weak work ethic and still be one of the top swingmen in the league. That is because they have tons of talent to makeup for being lazy.

Why don't you stay in the Mavs forum from now on? Oh right, it's dead there. Get out and stay out.

Local High School Star bleedinpurple's Avatar

That is a result of his hard work and their lack of it. Has nothing to do with talent.
    why do we bother with you? it must be our inherent need to educate.
    Solid D requires serious talent, much of it mental (yes, mental strength is an element of "talent"). but if D isn't enuf for you, check out first and second team all-star.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
    why do we bother with you? it must be our inherent need to educate.
    Solid D requires serious talent, much of it mental (yes, mental strength is an element of "talent"). but if D isn't enuf for you, check out first and second team all-star.
    So by your logic, Bruce Bowen must be one of the most talented players in the league and Lebron James is trash.

You have to work hard to play D.

So by your logic, Bruce Bowen must be one of the most talented players in the league and Lebron James is trash.

well thats a bad example, Bowen doesnt have acrobatic moves.

Guys like Kobe can really put it in the hoop when they are feeling hot.

And the reason why Kobe works a lot harder than the other guys like you say is because he needs to average 40 + mins per nite.
    The other guys at least have what u would call a decent bench.

Were not quite there yet but were getting there.

Local High School Star bleedinpurple's Avatar

crap for brains...did I say that it was ONLY D? No. geeeez. Bruce Bowen IS very talented. Obviously so is Lebron. please kid, read what was written before you respond with your drivel.

Intelligent fan

Can you leave this forum? Shiiit

An Icon Forever

I think what he is saying is, if Kobe is more talented than those guys wouldn't he be WAY BETTER than T-mac and Carter because of his work ethic and talent? It just seems even though Kobe works extremly hard, the other guys are just a step below him, when they should be much lower. What do you think?

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    I think what he is saying is, if Kobe is more talented than those guys wouldn't he be WAY BETTER than T-mac and Carter because of his work ethic and talent? It just seems even though Kobe works extremly hard, the other guys are just a step below him, when they should be much lower. What do you think?
    The top Sports Psycologist in North America says there is no such thing as talent. Everything that you get as a person in sport comes from work and practice. The only thing you can really be blessed with is a big athletic body. Like Kobe, Vince, and T-Mac.

An Icon Forever

Quote Originally Posted by AIR SETH
    The top Sports Psycologist in North America says there is no such thing as talent. Everything that you get as a person in sport comes from work and practice. The only thing you can really be blessed with is a big athletic body. Like Kobe, Vince, and T-Mac.

How do you explain Jordan? I'm pretty sure he was born with talent.

I rule the local playground dblockallstars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    How do you explain Jordan? I'm pretty sure he was born with talent.
    he was BORN, or eventually grew 2 have a big athletic body, but he was known for his extremely hard work ethic as well, that's y he's 1 of the best...

Dunking on everybody in the park Kobe4MVP's Avatar

Name one thing T-Mac or Vince can do better than Kobe. Kobe is a more talented shooter, finisher, passer, defender, leader, winner.... the list goes on. Vince may be able to jump a hair higher and is definitely a much more talented whiner, but that's about it. T-Mac doesn't have any skills anywhere close to Kobe's level.