Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default All Time Draft Round 1 Eastern Conference 5vs12 and 4vs13

VOTING IS OPEN TO EVERYONE. However, the requirement is that you have >100 post counts, and your account must be registered before Sept 14. Troll votes would not be taken into account (subjected to veto by the 3 commissioners).
    Voting will end on Halloween at 11:59pm

Eastern Conference

#5 Team Kshutts
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...postcount=1039 (team synopsis)

PG: Oscar Robertson 63-64
    SG/PG: Jerry West 65-66
    SF: Bruce Bowen 02-03
    PF: Karl Malone 97-98
    C: Dikembe Mutumbo 95-96

Bench: Doug Christie 02-03
    James Harden 11-12
    AK47 07-08
    Donyell Marshall 04-05
    Artis Gilmore 81-82

Coach: Rick Adelman

VS

#12 Team Iamgine
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...postcount=1032 (team synopsis)

PG: Michael Cooper 86-87
    SG: Mitch Richmond 93-94
    SF/PF: Larry Bird 85-86
    PF/C Dave Cowens 75-76
    C: Moses Malone 82-83

Bench:Fat Lever 87-08
    James Posey 05-06
    Paul Pierce 05-06
    Kevin McHale 86-87
    Brad Daughtery 92-93

Coach: Phil Jackson

AND

#4 Team MP Trey
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...postcount=1024

PG: Steve Nash 05-06
    SG: John Havlicek 70-71
    SF: Reggie Lewis 91-92
    PF: Ralph Sampson 84-85
    C: Hakeem Olajuwon 94-95

Bench: Sam Cassell 95-96
    Drazen Petrovic 91-92
    Shane Battier 12-13
    Amare Stoudamire 04-05
    Jack Sikma 77-78

VS

#13 Team Aboutbuckets

PG: Jason Kidd 09-10
    SG: George Gervin
    SF/PF: James Worthy
    PF: Charles Barkley 86-87
    C: Bill Walton 76-77

Bench: Deron Williams 07-08
    Kyle Korver 09-10
    Shawn Marion 05-06
    Ryan Anderson 10-11
    Thiago Splitter 12-13

Coach: Mike Krzyzewski

Good luck to all! You may start your debate now.

Eastern Conference 1vs16 and 8vs9: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...6#post10664616
    Western Conference 2vs15 and 7vs10: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...3#post10665193
    Western Conference 6vs11 and 3vs14: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...9#post10665349

Link back to home playoff page: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...1#post10664321
    Last edited by barkleynash; 10-30-2014 at 09:00 AM.

College superstar

Default Re: All Time Draft Round 1 Eastern Conference 5vs12 and 4vs13

Reserved, to be edited, for my game plan.

I'm very unsure of how game plans work. Are they in a constant state of flux, back and forth? Regardless, I guess I'll take the first stab...

1) I'm starting AK47 to better deal with Bird's size, and Gilmore because I'm worried less about forays into the paint and more about post scoring.
    2) Not sure who Coop will guard, but I'll assume Oscar. If that's the case, I'm planting Oscar in the post, where he can use his size. If West, then Oscar will have the ball roughly 1037437403% of the time, working against Richmond. Not that he's a bad defender, but Oscar is otherworldly with the ball in his hands. Richmond would have to be Cooper or Pippen to deal with him.
    3) When Oscar in the post is not working, West should be able to destroy Richmond.
    4) I believe that the lateral quickness of Iamgine is lacking. My outside shooting is deadly. There will be an emphasis on the 3.
    5) Neither of our teams is built to run, though both have players that can run. I will "play with fire" as it were and crash the offensive glass, hard. Moses is a monster, and I want every advantage I can get.
    6) I believe that my guards will get the opposing bigs in foul trouble... this is one of the few teams where that doesn't really help me... but obviously the "free points" will.
    7) No rim protection against my guard-heavy lineup likely is the deciding factor. Harden, Oscar and West will get to the rim and convert at a high rate without fear of being blocked.
    Last edited by kshutts1; 10-29-2014 at 02:24 AM.

College superstar

MP v Buckets is a phenomenal matchup. I want to see breakdowns before I do anything. In my opinion, the teams are quite similar/even.

Seems like an easy match up for my team. Phil Jackson had beaten Adelman many many times. Jerry West was good but even MJ had trouble with Richmond, West would be overwhelmed by Mitch's physicality both offensively and defensively. Coop should be able to contain Oscar very well as Coop's proven to be able to guard an even bigger person in Bird. With three 7 footers guarding the rim, his guards ain't doing nothing. Plus rebounding difference is simply too much, especially when Fat gets into the game.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Seems like an easy match up for my team. Phil Jackson had beaten Adelman many many times. Jerry West was good but even MJ had trouble with Richmond, West would be overwhelmed by Mitch's physicality both offensively and defensively. Coop should be able to contain Oscar very well as Coop's proven to be able to guard an even bigger person in Bird. With three 7 footers guarding the rim, his guards ain't doing nothing. Plus rebounding difference is simply too much, especially when Fat gets into the game.
    I see no rebounding difference... for your team.

Let's say Cowens/Moses is equivalent to Karl/Dikembe.
    Now you're telling me that Richmond, Cooper, Bird are better rebounders than West, Oscar, AK? No. I'm the better rebounding team.

Your "three 7 footers guarding the rim" aren't shot blockers. They'll have no shot at stopping Oscar, West, Harden, or even Karl for that matter.

Add in my far superior chemistry, and I win in 6.

Since this is actually being debated I'll reserve my thoughts till later.

As for the mp trey matchup two questions. One, who checks chuck? Second would you consider starting amare in this particular matchup since this one of the few times it would make more sense to run the pick and roll as opposed to giving dream the ball and letting him work.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I see no rebounding difference... for your team.

Let's say Cowens/Moses is equivalent to Karl/Dikembe.
    Now you're telling me that Richmond, Cooper, Bird are better rebounders than West, Oscar, AK? No. I'm the better rebounding team.

Your "three 7 footers guarding the rim" aren't shot blockers. They'll have no shot at stopping Oscar, West, Harden, or even Karl for that matter.

Add in my far superior chemistry, and I win in 6.
    I guess there's just a difference in opinion.

Cowens/Moses are far superior rebounder than Karl/Dikembe.

College superstar

I guess there's just a difference in opinion.

Cowens/Moses are far superior rebounder than Karl/Dikembe.
    Moses is the best rebounder on the court. But I have rebounding at every single position, and you don't have a running team to take advantage of my crashing the boards.

I'll win the FT battle and the rebound battle. My chemistry is better. And I have one of the top defenses in the league.

Moses is the best rebounder on the court. But I have rebounding at every single position, and you don't have a running team to take advantage of my crashing the boards.

I'll win the FT battle and the rebound battle. My chemistry is better. And I have one of the top defenses in the league.
    Nah, your team is far inferior in rebounding. Your chemistry is not better. And Phil has beaten Adelman many many times.

College superstar

Nah, your team is far inferior in rebounding. Your chemistry is not better. And Phil has beaten Adelman many many times.
    I feel like we could go back and forth all day.. No I win! No I do!

My chemistry is most definitely better, as you have a ridiculously high-usage guard, plus other big stars, off the bench. I don't see the minutes and ball allocation working.
    Your team is more talented than mine, though it's all on the bench... but it is. But I foresee that hurting you. Either you give out equal minutes and Bird/Coop/Moses are negated, or you play your bench with bench minutes, and they're upset.
    My top 3 players are arguably better than yours (West, Oscar, Karl), have no infringement upon their minutes, the guys behind them won't grumble, and even though my supporting cast is not made up of historical greats, they all offer historically great skill sets.

College superstar

One last note before bed, assuming I'm allowed to make this change after we began a discussion...

Gilmore will start against this team. I'm not worried about the players attacking the paint. Gilmore's rebounding is equivalent to Dikembe's, so that substitution should have no bearing on our rebounding or chemistry arguments.

I'll make the change in my first-post breakdown, but I'll change it back if I waited too long to make this lineup change.

I feel like we could go back and forth all day.. No I win! No I do!

My chemistry is most definitely better, as you have a ridiculously high-usage guard, plus other big stars, off the bench. I don't see the minutes and ball allocation working.
    Your team is more talented than mine, though it's all on the bench... but it is. But I foresee that hurting you. Either you give out equal minutes and Bird/Coop/Moses are negated, or you play your bench with bench minutes, and they're upset.
    My top 3 players are arguably better than yours (West, Oscar, Karl), have no infringement upon their minutes, the guys behind them won't grumble, and even though my supporting cast is not made up of historical greats, they all offer historically great skill sets.
    It's just difference in opinion. I don't see your team as good as you see it. It's very 'meh'. Therefore I think it will be an easy matchup.`

One more post before I hit the sack.

Kshutts vs Iamgine is a great matchup. Probably go 6 or 7 games.
    At first glance Kshutts should have the advantage, with two Pantheon greats in Oscar & West, but Iamgine has the superior frontcourt with Moses, McHale, Bird and Cowens. Hell, Brad Daughtery might not even see the court!

Karl Malone will run whoever out of the gym, even tho McHale may neutralize some of his low post moves. Mutombo should sit cuz he probably cannot keep Moses off the glass, so it'll be up to the A-Train. The biggest mismatch is easily Larry Bird vs Bruce Bowen. Bowen was a terrific defender of athletic slashers like Carter or McGrady, but he can't do much vs a wiley 6' 10

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Leaning towards Team Iamgine. I don't think Kshutts has anyone to check Bird, who happens to be the best player in this matchup. AK47 more of a utility defender than a lock down 1 on 1 guy IMO. With Coop checking Oscar, I expect West to be the primary option, but having to guard Mitch on the other end might wear him down a little. Pierce off the bench can be a huge difference maker as well. The 3 headed monsters in the lowpost for both teams probably too close to call, but with a system in place for Team Iamgine, I like them a little more. Would like to see if Kshutts can come up with any mismatches because right now, given the matchups, coaching and gameplan, I prefer Team Iamgine.

Would like to hear more from the other 2 GMs before I comment on the other matchup. Definitely a potential upset seeing how well those 2 teams matchup.