Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default Re: All Time Draft Round 1 Eastern Conference 1vs16 and 8vs9

Just to let everyone know, no need to vote for yourself as that is implied the moment you post an argument for your team. However if one GM makes an argument and the other doesn't post anything then that will be used as a tie break (before the higher seed home court game 7 tie break)

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Buffalo and Gotter for me.

Demi is a good matchup for Buffalo, but simply does not bring enough to the table to win the series (will have close games, but wont win 4 games in a series). Personally I would've played Sid/Pippen on MJ and tried to keep Wade fresh on the other end.

I think Gotter's bigs can do a decent job on Shaq, and Debusscherre can contain TMac with his physicality. Still a darn close matchup, but i like the championship pedigree of Gotter's players - Walt, Sam Jones, Duncan, Reed brings alot of the intangible qualities and leadership for his team. Shaq the only one on HITA's team, and his leadership is questionable.

Do we really think debuscherre(a pf) could handle tmac? I'm not old enough to have the greatest read on him, but my opinion is if he really put him on tmac, tmac would score 50

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Do we really think debuscherre(a pf) could handle tmac? I'm not old enough to have the greatest read on him, but my opinion is if he really put him on tmac, tmac would score 50
    On a team full of passers and scorers, I need a Dennis Rodman type who had great adhesive defense. Capable of shutting down anyone's offense, as well as being a long range bomber. Handle the ball well enough as a guard. DeBusschere had a Velcro chest that didn't allow his man room enough to breathe - so he fulfills a perfect tough-as-rawhide role on my team and is capable of shutting down T-Mac's penetrations.

Congrats to Team Buffalo and Team Gotter for advancing to the 2nd round!

You 2 will be playing each other, I'll put a link to your matchup here once it's up.