Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Road rage is a terrible thing when it gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    u know, i always wondered about this sort of situation. who was charged with causing the accident? because i've always wanted to do what ur girl did.

I don't remember. Now that i think about it i don't think she ever discussed the final legal outcome with me and i didn't pry for obvious reasons.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    I grabbed the crowbar I keep in the back [don't ask why, it doesn't matter], got out of my car and ran at him like a f*cking wild-beast.
    You sir, are a lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by BRabbiT
    this.

too many accidents are caused by idiots slamming on the brakes.

Then you were not the proper distance back...

If you're afraid of road rage, get a CCW permit.
    Last edited by rawimpact; 08-26-2010 at 12:50 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

The problem with people nowadays is that everyone thinks they own the road. I don't know where you guys learned to drive, but I was taught to let go of the gas whenever someone signaled to make a lane change be it passing on the right or the left.

If you get cut off, big deal, there are more important things in the world to attend to. Responding to an idiot makes you no better of a driver and/or person.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    My new slogan: "Ovaries? Pull over please."

Lol Crowbar was just conveniently in the back seat..How do you know they were doing it on purpose though...Maybe it some retard or a guy that was drunk/high who was having rouble with the functions of the car lol..

Blu Ray

The person wasn't using the directional and was going 20 mph slower than me. Re-read the OP with this new information. The entire process of me passing then took less than a second. That's how insignificant the situation could've been.

And if anyone was wondering, yes, I did look for my crowbar for a second or two and couldn't find it.

Serious playground baller Juvenile's Avatar

While I dont recommend road rage, sometimes people can be infuriating. I drive about 30miles several times a week on a crowded autobahn, most of the time during rush hour. They have been enlarging the road for several years now, going from 3 lanes per side to 4. It will still take some years to get it finished, so I understand there will be quite so traffic for years to come.

But there are traffic jams that dont need to happen, stoppages because people dont understand how to cooperate and such. Thes leave lanes too early and too often. They cut off others just to get on a faster lane. And by doin all that, they slow everything down. If everyone followed what they are being taught in driving school. everything would go a lot smoother.

That being said, I cannot stand people that drive on the left or the middle lane slowly as well. If you are not overtaking somebody else, get the **** off that lane and get to the right one. Dont make me stop because your think that I should not be going that fast. Dont be ignorant. Just move and get the **** out of my way.

Not airballing my layups anymore shole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    u know, i always wondered about this sort of situation. who was charged with causing the accident? because i've always wanted to do what ur girl did.
    If she hit the side of her car then it's the other cars fault, but if it managed to cut all the way in and you hit it from behind, then it's your fault.

To me anyway it's an asshole move to actually speed up if somebody's cuttin in front of you, why would you do that. If they don't cut you so bad they make you break really hard, then wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    it was like Hawker's crotch on a Friday night. A baron desert waste-land.

I'm usually pretty chill when driving but what gets me is when people get mad when they are in the wrong like in Pete's situation. That's when I sometimes let rage get the better of me.

Yesterday on the way to work I'm at a light with a pick up in front of me. The light turns green and the pick up doesn't move. I give him a few seconds and then I tap the horn. Not a loud honk, just a tap to say "hey man the light is green." The dude gets all pissed and flips me the bird out the driver's window. I'm like "wtf? I've been caught sleeping at a light before, no big deal." I should have just let it go but instead I switch lanes, speed ahead and then cut him off and slow down to a snail's pace. Every time he tried to pass I'd cut him off again. This went on for about a mile until I turned off on my exit. You could see the blood boiling in the dude's face.

In retrospect it was a stupid move. What if he had a gun? Pretty dumb thing to die over.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Does it make anyone else rage when someone is going slow in the speed lane, you come up behind them and zip around them to the right and back in front of them to get back in the speed lane, and they still don't gtfo of the lane?

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    Does it make anyone else rage when someone is going slow in the speed lane, you come up behind them and zip around them to the right and back in front of them to get back in the speed lane, and they still don't gtfo of the lane?
    Yeah it's like they feel they own the left lane. Down here in the south it's a common occurrence that when you try and pass them on the right they get pissed and speed up.

And how hard of a concept is "keep right except to pass"? Don't these idiots realize how dangerous it is to force the cars behind them to accelerate into slower traffic?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul

I'm usually pretty chill when driving but what gets me is when people get mad when they are in the wrong like in Pete's situation. That's when I sometimes let rage get the better of me.

Yesterday on the way to work I'm at a light with a pick up in front of me. The light turns green and the pick up doesn't move. I give him a few seconds and then I tap the horn. Not a loud honk, just a tap to say "hey man the light is green." The dude gets all pissed and flips me the bird out the driver's window. I'm like "wtf? I've been caught sleeping at a light before, no big deal." I should have just let it go but instead I switch lanes, speed ahead and then cut him off and slow down to a snail's pace. Every time he tried to pass I'd cut him off again. This went on for about a mile until I turned off on my exit. You could see the blood boiling in the dude's face.

In retrospect it was a stupid move. What if he had a gun? Pretty dumb thing to die over.

In this situation if i can i will just go around them while they sit there at the light. Don't even bother with the horn. Just let them sit there and look stupid. They can't really complain since you didn't do anything to them.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul

The only thing missing in this one is the crow bar.

DaniloGallinari
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

You guys are taking the road rage thing way too seriously. Have control over your emotions and actions. It's what makes a man.

Needless to say, I don't blame you. Usually I just vent my road rage by yelling or cursing. It's a lot safer that way, with my windows shut and radio blasting of course. Don't want to seem to psychotic, if you can understand.

I've always been a safe driver for some reason. Usually leave room in front of cars, let cars that want to cut me off ahead of me. It's not worth dying over. When I first started driving, I presume all of us were a bit speed crazy and dumb. Learned from those experiences.