Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Default Re: AI is back son!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Kings in a blowout.
    Avy Bet on that?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    He does have the juice. The thing I love about AI, is he really didnt kiss anyone's butt. He challenged every great player of this generation. Every other player is like"Kobe is so great, blah,blah,blah" AI went after him.
    Actually, your selling Iverson short by saying.."He went after Kobe"...It isn't like he was some lower level player than Bryant, like a Joe Johnson not being afraid of the great Bean...Iverson was better than Kobe early on in their careers...Fact is, they've been in the same class for the longest...Im not a Iverson fan, but saying "he went after Kobe" kinda seems like a shocked type statement...

96-2000 Iverson>>>Kobe during that time IMO...

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Will be very much tuned in.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Actually, your selling Iverson short by saying.."He went after Kobe"...It isn't like he was some lower level player than Bryant, like a Joe Johnson not being afraid of the great Bean...Iverson was better than Kobe early on in their careers...Fact is, they've been in the same class for the longest...Im not a Iverson fan, but saying "he went after Kobe" kinda seems like a shocked type statement...

96-2000 Iverson>>>Kobe during that time IMO...
    What I meant to say is that they fought each other on the court. He made Kobe work hard everytime. You dont see players doing that today, it seems like they all want his autograph or something. AI and Kobe were really exciting to see play each other because you knew it was on. Kobe would block AI, AI would cross him the next. Back and forth. Now, players are like"Can I have your shoes after the game?"

anybody like this line mem +1?

Quote Originally Posted by BFRESH44
    Will be very much tuned in.
    At least you'll realize Mayo> Beasley since your finally tuning in.

7-time NBA All-Star

I don't think Memphis is the best fit, but I hope he plays well and I'll definitely tune in. I hope that more people come to their senses about the Detroit situation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    What I meant to say is that they fought each other on the court. He made Kobe work hard everytime. You dont see players doing that today, it seems like they all want his autograph or something. AI and Kobe were really exciting to see play each other because you knew it was on. Kobe would block AI, AI would cross him the next. Back and forth. Now, players are like"Can I have your shoes after the game?"
    Well, you gotta look at it like this...There's a difference between now an then...Back when Iverson, T-Mac, VC was going at Kobe, Kobe was just like them, trying to become known as one of the greats...Now, Kobe legacy is already there, you have multiple past and present players who has talked about Kobe in top 5 GOAT talks...Kobe's a vet now, so ofcource there's going to be multiple guy's wanting his autograph...There's still guy's who go at Kobe though..Maybe ask for the sneaks after the game..

He's coming off the bench, and will probably have a little rust... really helps he's facing the Kings though

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Well, you gotta look at it like this...There's a difference between now an then...Back when Iverson, T-Mac, VC was going at Kobe, Kobe was just like them, trying to become known as one of the greats...Now, Kobe legacy is already there, you have multiple past and present players who has talked about Kobe in top 5 GOAT talks...Kobe's a vet now, so ofcource there's going to be multiple guy's wanting his autograph...There's still guy's who go at Kobe though..Maybe ask for the sneaks after the game..
    I am just saying, I want to see someone push Kobe and all the greats. Sucking up in basketball is just lame. Be competitive,scrappy,pissed off. Some of these guys are in awe before the game just watching him in shoot around.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    I would stay away, I was about to bite till I thought it through...

The Memphis Grizzlies played last night against Denver and lost in a very high scoring game (123-133). The Sacramento Kings are hungry for a win after dropping 3 out of 3 on their first road trip of the season. Make no mistake, the Grizz are 10x the team Sacramento is, I'm still not sold on them covering tonight though. Plus, this is AI's first game in a new system, who knows how he is feeling and how well he will be incorporated into the system. Plus, I have bad memories of AI's first game as a Piston last year where the Pistons got stomped by the Nets. I'll take a pass even though it looks too sweet to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz
    I would stay away, I was about to bite till I thought it through...

The Memphis Grizzlies played last night against Denver and lost in a very high scoring game (123-133). The Sacramento Kings are hungry for a win after dropping 3 out of 3 on their first road trip of the season. Make no mistake, the Grizz are 10x the team Sacramento is, I'm still not sold on them covering tonight though. Plus, this is AI's first game in a new system, who knows how he is feeling and how well he will be incorporated into the system. Plus, I have bad memories of AI's first game as a Piston last year where the Pistons got stomped by the Nets. I'll take a pass even though it looks too sweet to pass up.
    yeah true, i passed. btw i lost mad doe when ai first went to detroit.
    Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz; 11-02-2009 at 11:33 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Yes, I put 50 down. Memphis will play with good energy with AI and the Kings' offense is even more worse with Evans out. Memphis can put up points with anyone, it's easy money.

Nice to see OJ Mayo running the show. He has really taken his game to a new level. He has far surpass Derrick Rose, and it really isn't debatable 2-2 bby

Would have been nice if Iverson hit his first shot in a Grizzlies uniform.