Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Virtually everyone who ever made a topic to bring down any of the following players..

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Im not saying that these players wouldnt be good in todays NBA, but you would be delusional to say Wilt and Russel , would average the same numbers if they played today. That is what grinds my gears.
    Obviously Wilt would average even more points and rebounds. 75 PPG and 42 RPG is very likely.

Default Re: Virtually everyone who ever made a topic to bring down any of the following players..

I see... Not putting LeBron in the first group to bring him down, so according to op himself he's most likely an idiot.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    I see... Not putting LeBron in the first group to bring him down, so according to op himself he's most likely an idiot.
    From the OP: "Those are not player rankings at all. Has nothing to do with how good each tier is. Some people just inspire more idiocy in their detractors."

If kblaze did anything wrong it was thinking that there was any helping trolls.

Go Spurs Go

LMAO Kblaze of all people tryna act like he's not biased towards Lebron...

Kblaze never hesitates to defend Lebron, no matter what the accusation. Hes a fangirl just like the rest of the ESPN groupies.

100% chance that OPs numbers are unreliable and made up.

Banned

OP haven't made a relevant or worthy basketball thread since 2006.

As a moderator on the internet or in real life, a moderator's duty is to lead the forum with good discussion. OP doesn't even make a worthy basketball discussion except for the nostalgic B.S. that he makes us read.

People like to say the forum is ran by trolls well just look at who is leading us. A racist moderator who name calls its members and a guy that makes long rants when he is drunk.

put kobe in the first tier and lebron off these ranks and ill sign this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    ...looked like an idiot:

Jordan
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russell
    West
    Magic
    Bird
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Oscar
    Duncan

If its not 100% its damn close.

Probably 90% of the topics ever made to bring down these people made the OP look like an idiot:

Kobe
    Lebron
    Barkley
    Durant
    Chris Paul
    Iverson
    KG
    Dirk

These guys probably hover around 80%:

Westbrook
    Wade(pre injury....90%)
    Rose
    Dwight
    Gasol
    scared to play
    dumber than a bag of hammers
    soft

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    I'm a firm believer that as a player, LeBron > Kobe, but I kind of agree with this anyway. LeBron, in spite of his greatness, is SO easy to make fun of. You overrate the shit out of Kobe though. Homer to the max.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Making it out to mean something when KG missed the playoffs with Trenton Hassel(good defender for the record), Marko Jaric, Mccants, Mark blount, Eddie Griffin shooting 35%, Olowokandi for 32 games, ronald Dupree, Anthony Carter, Mark Madsen, 36 games of Troy Hudson, 40 games of Wally, and 36 games of Ricky Davis.

I disagree with this one in certain aspects...

I think most people were Bashing KG for wanting to Dominate in Crunchtime.

It was like "Lebron 2010 - 11' 4th quarters" for 3 years straight in Minnesota .

Playoff's time ...It's like KG could create for himself and get others involved and the Wolves would be playing great....then in the 4th quarter KG would totally disappear and totally disengage himself.

I know he caught a lot of flack for it...deservedly so...he also left his team, but at least they were on the downside as was KG entering his twilight of his career in 08'

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

Anyhow, you can't criticize a guy who wasn't asked to score for scoring when he was asked to do so.

Here's his gamelog BTW if you want points prior to 64:

http://nbastats.net/01NBA/07playerlogs/Russell.xls

probably not many high-scoring games early on either. It was by design, look at the Celtics system.

Russell obviously wouldn't be a great featured scorer if asked, but he wasn't an offensive liability because of his rebounding/passing/screens. I don't mind if he's called a non-scorer. I do mind when that becomes a big part of the conversation, when he's arguably the GOAT defender and rebounder (as well as a tremendous athlete in any era), and met the needs of the position.

There are plenty of scorers in league history. Russell gave you everything else, so he'd fit anywhere.

It IS a random game. What else would it be? Picking out his one great scoring game, to make your argument? Like me picking out his 6pt game...

Another critic of Russell

- He had terrible FT%. Probably can't be counted on at the end of games.

- Half his career his FG% was 43% or less despite not shooting much at all.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Another critic of Russell

- He had terrible FT%. Probably can't be counted on at the end of games.

- Half his career his FG% was 43% or less despite not shooting much at all.

11 rings as a player and player/coach, 5 MVPs voted on by players > FG%

"Probably can't be counted on at the end of games"

Well he won 11 titles.. Soooo
    Last edited by TheMarkMadsen; 02-22-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    I disagree with this one in certain aspects...

I think most people were Bashing KG for wanting to Dominate in Crunchtime.

It was like "Lebron 2010 - 11' 4th quarters" for 3 years straight in Minnesota .

Playoff's time ...It's like KG could create for himself and get others involved and the Wolves would be playing great....then in the 4th quarter KG would totally disappear and totally disengage himself.

I know he caught a lot of flack for it...deservedly so...he also left his team, but at least they were on the downside as was KG entering his twilight of his career in 08'
    Actually KG is one of the clutchest player throughout his career.