Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Questioning Dirk.

first off, the drop off would most probably be like going from a 69 win team to a 49 win team. but yeah, with the depth that mavs have, they would still be a good team, almost a 50 win team. but with dirk they are almost a 70 win team.

second, just because they're both similar in height, race, and have a good shot, doesn't mean their game is the same. you showed your intelligence when you said that a spot up shooter is practically the same thing as a player that can create his own shot. if you've played basketball, you'll know that creating your shot ain't exactly easy. kyle korver can hit spot up jump shots, but that don't make him comparable to kobe bryant. dirk can bring the ball up the court, hit the pull up jumper or attack the rim. even got a few post moves and a little hook shot over the last couple of years.

when you're comparing dirk with okur, you're comparing a dominant offensive player to a good offensive player. do you understand the difference between dominance and merely just good? i don't think you do.

i dont know how to check those stats but even if i did i dont give a damn. you are a *****. so i question do you hate yourself? dirk does literally EVERYTHING better. get that through your fuking head. EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.

im tired of this moron. im going to sleep. maybe he'll get off the crack by the morning realize what a dumb topic this is and edit his post...

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    i dont know how to check those stats but even if i did i dont give a damn. you are a *****. so i question do you hate yourself? dirk does literally EVERYTHING better. get that through your fuking head. EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.

im tired of this moron. im going to sleep. maybe he'll get off the crack by the morning realize what a dumb topic this is and edit his post...
    translation: i can't answer the question so maybe if i throw in as many insults as possible nobody will read the reasoning and will just look at the title of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    Ok, if that's a telling stat, how much of that has to do with the fact that his pg dishes 9 assists per game? If that's the main thing that you can come up with then my thought is not so far fetched. I'm guessing that if Jason Terry was Okurs pg, he would naturally have to come up with more of his own offense. Did you see Dirk taking it to the basket as much when Nash was his pg? Bring me up a stat that shows how much of his baskets were assisted when Nash was with him.

Also... saying that Okur is a bad defender does not mean that Dirk is a good one. The guy is 7 feet and barely averages a block and gets 10 rebounds by default of being the tallest guy on the court on a lot of nights.
    A reminder of what i asked him for those who read this later on.

btw i have a question, you say because he is 6-11 and can shoot they are similar... well, that applies to vrad, sheed, tim thomas, kvh and several others who i cant think of off the top of my head. why not replace dirk with them too???

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    first off, the drop off would most probably be like going from a 69 win team to a 49 win team. but yeah, with the depth that mavs have, they would still be a good team, almost a 50 win team. but with dirk they are almost a 70 win team.

second, just because they're both similar in height, race, and have a good shot, doesn't mean their game is the same. you showed your intelligence when you said that a spot up shooter is practically the same thing as a player that can create his own shot. if you've played basketball, you'll know that creating your shot ain't exactly easy. kyle korver can hit spot up jump shots, but that don't make him comparable to kobe bryant. dirk can bring the ball up the court, hit the pull up jumper or attack the rim. even got a few post moves and a little hook shot over the last couple of years.

when you're comparing dirk with okur, you're comparing a dominant offensive player to a good offensive player. do you understand the difference between dominance and merely just good? i don't think you do.
    Two things that I can say to that. #1, race? wow, they're not even the same race first of all and second of all, race had nothing to do with the comparison...

And secondly, If I were 7 fuking feet tall, it wouldn't be that hard to create my own shot.

translation: i can't answer the question so maybe if i throw in as many insults as possible nobody will read the reasoning and will just look at the title of the thread.
    no it means im tired of your stupidity. if you can find 82games.com stats for that far back great ill look at them and i would expect dirks assist numbers to be higher. Aside from that it still doesnt matter what they were. Dirk can create his own shot. nothing in okurs history has ever shown that. hes nowhere near as athletic or as good at shooting off the dribble as dirk. Nor is he the passer that dirk is. The biggest thing is that dirk is the only person on the mavs that draws a double. take him off the mavs and it has a domino effect that hurts everyone else.

btw i have a question, you say because he is 6-11 and can shoot they are similar... well, that applies to vrad, sheed, tim thomas, kvh and several others who i cant think of off the top of my head. why not replace dirk with them too???
    Okur consistently makes shots in the clutch which is why I used him instead of those others who are inconsistent. Ask any Jazz fan and they'll tell you the same.

Okur consistently makes shots in the clutch which is why I used him instead of those others who are inconsistent. Ask any Jazz fan and they'll tell you the same.
    they should also tell you that okur is legitimately in the discussion for worst defensive player in the nba, cant create his own shot, and cant rebound.

they should also tell you that okur is legitimately in the discussion for worst defensive player in the nba, cant create his own shot, and cant rebound.
    So he averages 7 rebounds to Dirk's 9. Some can make the argument that Dirk's not that great of a defender or rebounder either.

Wow i feel bad for you raiderfan...the threadstarters argument sucks...the only thing dirk and okur have in common are being big,white,clutch with a good jumpshot

So he averages 7 rebounds to Dirk's 9. Some can make the argument that Dirk's not that great of a defender or rebounder either.
    the thing is dirk can rebound like a center when the mavs ask him to. its what makes their small lineup so effective and he isnt all nba defensive team material but hes 10X the defender okur is.

btw on the mavs have so much depth and would be so great even without dirk bs, the mavs have been outscored by 45 points total for the entire season when dirk hasnt been on the court. the lakers have been outscored by 56 points when kobe hasnt been on the court. not a hell of alot of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Wow i feel bad for you raiderfan...the threadstarters argument sucks...the only thing dirk and okur have in common are being big,white,clutch with a good jumpshot
    Alright, they're games aren't really THAT similar... but my main point is their size and shooting ability.. The question is not necessarily replacing Dirk but putting someone with his size who can shoot in his position.. I think they have a pretty good complementary team that they could fit in someone like that and still win somewhere in the mid 50's. Whether anyone will admit it or not is up to you. I'm out for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    its ok. i half expect him to come up with a would the suns be just as good if they had stephen hunter instead of amare? question. i mean hey they are both tall black and athletic...

the thing is dirk can rebound like a center when the mavs ask him to. its what makes their small lineup so effective and he isnt all nba defensive team material but hes 10X the defender okur is.

btw on the mavs have so much depth and would be so great even without dirk bs, the mavs have been outscored by 45 points total for the entire season when dirk hasnt been on the court. the lakers have been outscored by 56 points when kobe hasnt been on the court. not a hell of alot of difference.
    Damn, what's with you and your exaggerations? It's not even worth arguing about if you can't look at what is said without making a huge exaggeration out of it.

And another thing you idiot... What you just said has nothing to do with my thread topic. I didn't say, "would the mavs be so great without Dirk." I said would the mavs still be good if you subtract Dirk and add Okur. To this point you've just twisted around the words and made it something it's not, so you're not worth arguing with.
    Peace
    Last edited by haterofhaters; 03-05-2007 at 04:50 AM.