Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Larry Bird showing off his shooting technique. Funny ending.

what a hick

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Spot on assessment.

Here's Larry Bird struggling to get off his shot against slow, unathletic midgets like prime Scottie Pippen and multiple time DPOY Dennis Rodman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msEmcemLR7M

No way he'd be able to get that shot off today. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    It's a very effective technique for that era but he would get his shot batted by players today.

The release is very slow.

Dunking on everybody in the park MavsPoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...K_OFvFY#t=130s

Oh no he did not!!!

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    Larry Bird would not have any problems with today's players at all. Don't worry.
    Agreed. People forget how high Bird's b-ball IQ was. It's not like he'd sit at the three point line and let 'today's players' block his shot like a dummy.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

His elbow is too pointy, would not hit.

Have anyone done more multiple consecutive astonishing retarded threads as 9empire did this week in the history of ish?

We are all witnesses

Not worthy

Thank you.

I don't expect the other posters on here to understand, as they probably have never played organized basketball.

It worked for Bird but what I'm trying to tell people it's horrible release. No coaches will teach you that crap.
    Fundamentally his shot is not very good. That kind of release is slow and you cannot have a pull up jumper with a shot like that.

More likely than not anyone that shoots like Bird is a spot up shooter. Too flat footed to have an effective pull-up jumper.
    thank you, at least someone here knows about how far modern athletes and training have come since that era. When I was growing up I attended one of the scientific modern medical/nutrition/training camps all modern athletes benefit from and some stupid little sh*t white kid told the drill sergent he wanted to shoot the ball like Larry Bird. The coach started laughing in his face hysterically than grabbed the child by the collar and jammed a ball in his stomach and said "gimme your best Larry Bird shot f****t". He then proceeded, to everyone's amazement, to block every single one of this kids "Larry Bird" shot attempts. It proves beyond shadow of doubt that the modern nutrition/training/science has really taken us really far in basketball, and that those athletes from those old eras of the past were good for their time, but they would be lucky to sit on the end of a bench against todays competition. Shit, we've already had a Larry Bird in the modern league, with identical athleticism and shot repertoir, his name was Brian Scalabrine, and he sat on the very end of the bench

[COLOR="White"]trololololollll[/COLOR]

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    thank you, at least someone here knows about how far modern athletes and training have come since that era. When I was growing up I attended one of the scientific modern medical/nutrition/training camps all modern athletes benefit from and some stupid little sh*t white kid told the drill sergent he wanted to shoot the ball like Larry Bird. The coach started laughing in his face hysterically than grabbed the child by the collar and jammed a ball in his stomach and said "gimme your best Larry Bird shot f****t". He then proceeded, to everyone's amazement, to block every single one of this kids "Larry Bird" shot attempts. It proves beyond shadow of doubt that the modern nutrition/training/science has really taken us really far in basketball, and that those athletes from those old eras of the past were good for their time, but they would be lucky to sit on the end of a bench against todays competition. Shit, we've already had a Larry Bird in the modern league, with identical athleticism and shot repertoir, his name was Brian Scalabrine, and he sat on the very end of the bench

[COLOR="White"]trololololollll[/COLOR]

Dunking on everybody in the park Suckafree's Avatar

I hate it when people say Bird/Dirk/Reggie Miller etc jumpshots arent "textbook" or"fundamentally sound".

They are basically the best shooters to ever walk this planet, maybe we should think about changing the textbook if their jumpers aren't "textbook"

It's a very effective technique for that era but he would get his shot batted by players today.

The release is very slow.

Time can hurt a lot of player's legacies. I think that as time goes on we realize more and more just how incredible Bird truly was.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsPoke
    My father was at the game where he did this, and told me about it when i was a little kid. You have no idea how excited I was when I actually saw it on youtube like a year ago and sent it to him

Larry Bird is white, he wouldn't get that shot off today.

Decent playground baller Maestro33's Avatar

If he can get that puppy off over.....

Im sure hed do just fine nowadays.

PS - Thread backfired. This Pippen image still makes me mad as hell. THATS NOT A FRIGGIN FOUL HUE!