Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #1
dannysc305
Great young streetballer

dannysc305 has an OK reputation so far
Default "Breaking in" a basketball?

What does that mean? Just bought a new Spalding, looked up reviews for it & other comparable basketballs and seen this term "breaking in" all over the place. What does this mean? What is it for?
dannysc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: "Breaking in" a basketball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysc305
What does that mean? Just bought a new Spalding, looked up reviews for it & other comparable basketballs and seen this term "breaking in" all over the place. What does this mean? What is it for?

"Breaking in" a basketball just means wearing it out a little so it doesn't slip out of your hand or grip too much to the court/backboard when there is spin on it. Just use it ever time you go to play ball but don't use it outside (if its leather). Some people do that to break in a new ball but that makes the ball's grip uneven.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: "Breaking in" a basketball?

New balls are sometimes slippery and hard to grip throwing off your handles and your shot. It just means wearing it down to the point where it's easier to control. It's like having a new pair of shoes: they're crispy and stiff at first, but after a while of wearing them they start to mold to the shape of your feet more.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: