Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Duncan or bron. who's higher all time?

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    For one Kobe was FIRST TEAM ALL NBA LAST YEAR!!! A stat line of 27.6 points, 6 dimes, and 5.6 boards. With that HELL YA MAMBA is was still the best SG! And he had a great case for top three player in the world behind Bron and Durant. And Kobe is STILL a more complete player than Durant. Durant is just an offensive juggernaut whose all around game is still growing. But Bron and Kobe are the TRUE TOTAL PACKAGE on both sides of the ball.

Peak and prime are two different things. Kobe is past his peak but still in his backend prime years. If u TRULY KNOW BBALL u know that's the stage that's Kobe is in. So get your shit straight AND REALIZE peak and prime are different in a way.
    Kobe is garbage on defense. He was one of the single worst players on D last year. His defense has been shit for a few years. Durant is miles better than Kobe on defense.

I'm beginning to think you're around 13 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Kobe is garbage on defense. He was one of the single worst players on D last year. His defense has been shit for a few years. Durant is miles better than Kobe on defense.

Your a flat out troll and bum bro. I back up my statements with facts while u just talk out ya ass. U ain't even worth debating! LMABO

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix

I see why your reputation points aint shit on here. My rep points are CRUSHING YOUR SHIT!!

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Close doesn't count as a ring, dude.

Every champion gets a little luck some years. No different with Duncan. Ewing being injured in 1999, lock out year ... terrible basketball played that season.

Lest you remember correctly ... Wade, LeBron, and Melo were young rookies. In LeBron's case, he was only 19 years old. Fresh out of HS, coming off a 20/5/5 season.

Ontop of that if you actually watched, you'd know they BARELY played thanks to Larry Brown's vendetta against young players. Do your homework. Tim Duncan was terrible in the 2004 Olympics, but he was in his absolute peak / prime. The best player on the team was Allen Iverson.

Why does Duncan shoulder no blame? He's the "goat PF", and a top ten player all time at his peak. How did he play so poorly? I don't picture any of these other top ten players letting Team USA play that bad.

MJ
    Bird
    LeBron
    Magic
    Shaq
    Wilt
    Hakeem
    Russell
    Kobe

Kobe and LeBron both in their prime were dominant leading Team USA. Hell, 3rd year Durant did better with comparable talent in the FIBA tournament in 2010.

Why do people never hold Duncan's feet to the fire for anything?

Really? You're bringing up their Olympic play?

If that's the case 2004 is a knock on Lebron? Unable to win a gold medal without Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

If that's the case 2004 is a knock on Lebron? Unable to win a gold medal without Kobe?
    I always wondered when people tried to make this point if they're referencing something they have any idea about. LeBron and Melo didn't play on that team. They got like 5 minutes a game each or something. The big guys on that team were Duncan and Iverson, not to mention LeBron/Melo were both coming off of their rookie years. How are you expected to impact a game as a 19 year old playing 5 minutes?

It's not like he could fight for those minutes either, this wasn't a team with a regular season worth of practices and games. Larry Brown had a gameplan even before game 1 and that's what he used throughout the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

2004, as a 19 year old rookie who got slim amounts of minutes thanks to Larry Brown's disdain for rookies?

Unable to win without Kobe? LeBron and Wade were the best and most productive players on the 2008 team.

In 2012? Kobe was a footnote. LeBron literally carried Team USA in 2 games where they faced elimination. V.s. Lithuania and in the gold medal game v.s. Spain. In the exhibition he saved us from getting embarrassed by Brazil.

I mean he dominated the whole game on his own, when everyone's jumper wasn't falling. He replicated Kobe's clutch 3 minutes v.s. Spain in 2008 for whole games carrying us with his all around dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    I always wondered when people tried to make this point if they're referencing something they have any idea about. LeBron and Melo didn't play on that team. They got like 5 minutes a game each or something. The big guys on that team were Duncan and Iverson, not to mention LeBron/Melo were both coming off of their rookie years. How are you expected to impact a game as a 19 year old playing 5 minutes?

It's not like he could fight for those minutes either, this wasn't a team with a regular season worth of practices and games. Larry Brown had a gameplan even before game 1 and that's what he used throughout the tournament.
    Exactly. At that age, Kobe was still a random nba bench player.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Duncan now

Duncan is higher right now

When LeBrons career is over,he might be higher,but right now Duncan.

LeBron is great but right now hes behind Shaq,Kobe,Duncan.
    Has to win more and play another 5 years to get his stats up to par with them.

Duncan
    4 Rings
    3 Finals MVPS
    23,000+ pts and counting,
    13,000+rbs and counting
    3600+ast and counting
    2600 blocks and counting
    800 steals and counting
    13 time all star
    multiple all-d teams,and nba selections

career avg of
    20,11,3 with 2 blocks and 1 steal on 51%